something's out of whack
   completely
   what's a girl like that
   doing down here
   on the wrong side of the tracks
   with a guy like me

The BAND:

RealTracks in song: ~700:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2444:Guitar, Baritone Electric, Background PopCountryBrent Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 3435:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BritPsycPopBalladArpVibChorus Ev 065 (Held)
RealTracks in song: 873:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernRnBRockFunkyOffbeat Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 1841:Synth Pad, PopModernGrooveHigh Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: 3441:Guitar, Electric, Soloist BritPsycRockMarch Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 3203:Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist RnBPopBrent Ev 110
Royalty Free Loops

Some harmonies generated using the Helicon TC plugin in RealBand
Me: vocals, additional harmonies, art work

Feel free to comment on any aspect.
(you, too, Dan wink )

Thanks for listening.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Love the drumtro, this is a little poppier than you usually run. Kind of a country version of Billy Joel's Uptown Girl. This exudes your usual excellence, a very enjoyable listen.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,
This is so well done: an irresistible beat with simple backing that highlights the vocal sticking close to such a catchy melody... that brief burst of heavy guitar was a surprise but it fits.
When grandpa`s country began to fuse with pop I began to listen more; no doubt others more expert will hear your influences- I was taken back to the time I heard Kostas performing his own very pop flavoured cool country songs. This is that good!

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd ...

Another musical masterpiece. I say that a lot when I listen to your songs. But the good part is I don't have to lie or exaggerate to say it.

I get the feel of Brooks and Dunn in today's country market if they were still recording together.

Rather simple backing to a nice, straight-forward lyric - yet sounding full and energetic. Just more proof that a contemporary country sound can be composed in BIAB.

Excellent song and a great listen!

Best to you, Be safe ...

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Well...thirty minutes or more after listening, it's still playing in my head. Brilliant production well mixed, poppy melody well sung, Best of all, written to sing. Punchy as all get-out. Fantastic.

Of course, it's all nonsense in my life. She's the one who's lucky to be hanging out with such a sopfastracuted...err...sophriskercated...whatever. I tell her that every day, and she laughs. Prolly with joy at her luck.

Last edited by Tangmo; 08/29/20 05:34 PM.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Old country is the best country. I like this. Catchy chorus. Good lyrics. Such a clear recording. The band sounds good.

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Band sounds great, as does the lead singer (and his clones).

Love the use of space and ebb and flow of the dynamics.

I don't follow current pop or country, so I've got no reference point, but it's catchy no matter how old the listener. laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
floyd

Superb dynamics, build, melody. lyric and a wonderfully polished performance.

Loved the great intro and outro.

A true pleasure to listen to.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You've become an ace with loops. Impressive.
Not grampa's or grandma's but they'd have like the hooks and story.
OUTSTANDING.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well, that was different!

I like the more modern approach you use on this one, really works well in my opinion.

Nice dynamics throughout, great intro and ending (I love that attention to detail).

Good hook, very catchy, and it's one that will stay with the listener long after the song is over.

Love your vocal, and really like what you did at the end with it.

Mix sounds great too of course wink

Really good, floyd, one of my favorites from you I think.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Loved it. From the beginning to the solo in the middle to the very end. What's the point of taking apart (to analyse) something as good as this? Forget it - I just loved it, full stop. You overflow with talent. Bravo.

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Nice dynamics, rhythmically interesting and the catchy chorus are the highlight of this pop tune. And of course the message is almost universal - I was thinking about excluding arranged marriages, but actually that could be the explanation here wink

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Love the drumtro, this is a little poppier than you usually run. Kind of a country version of Billy Joel's Uptown Girl. This exudes your usual excellence, a very enjoyable listen.

Thanks, TM. Sometimes I let my poppier side take over... smile

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hello Floyd Jane,
Very endearing lyrics. The voice is superb with a simple but terribly effective arrangement. Well done

Dero13 alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
**SPEECH TO TEXT WARNING**

I find this song odd for one specific reason. It shouldn't exist! From what I've heard, BIAB can't do what you just made it do. Maybe you need to remember that you can't do what you just did the next time you plan on doing it again. wink

Seriously, PG Music has to have a smile on this one. What a great song!

You know many times a write an encyclopedia set on your songs...and feel I still leave things out.

Major CROSSOVER appeal! The lyrics are timeless. So, it could have been written years/decades ago, or today. Awesome!

The rhyme structure to melodic deliver works so well! Placement is so important. Not only within the lyrical structure; but creating melodies that keep it interesting. Masterfully done. Though, I'm not surprise. wink

Great sounds from BIAB and loop choice is right on point. It fits what you are going for in my opinion.

That brings in the topic of overall production. Nice! Really really well done. I feel sometimes people thing production is tweaking the knobs to get a better mix in the effects rack.

What you showed is production. With production, if you don't what you are doing; it very obvious. If you do, it's actually not as obvious to the regular listener. It's all those little things to keep the ear interested. It's knowing when to make a bold production statement, and when to pull it back...to make a bold production statement. It's understanding how EQ and effects have to live in harmony with the arrangement, lyrics, and overall song writing. It's knowing the rules and knowing when to bend or even break them. When done correctly, it sounds almost effortless. To the point where, a good portion of song writers would feel "I could write a song like that" without even realizing what is involved. Where am I going with all of this? You just put on full display ALL of those understandings in a masterful way in 3m7secs.

I would say, "I'm impressed" but I think that is a given with you songs. So, from the Department of Redundancy Department, I thank you again for another forum changing song!

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Floyd,

Fantastic. For a guy like me... you're setting the bar on songwriting and using BIAB as a production tool.

Cheers,

Frank

Frank

Some tunes from me and my collaborator: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvGqM6ktMW5ltTnyit1KWPg/videos

Band-in-a-Box Ultrapak 2019, Windows 11, Reaper, Behringer u-phoria UMC404HD, Kali LP-8
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
FJ,
Punchy tune. Yet, I like that it is not too busy instrumentally, so focus goes to overall composition and vocals, not just loop hooks. Vocals and airy mix are excellent! (It is hard to picture bad mix from you smile ) Sometimes we get carried away with all the cool tracks and jam things in, forgetting that we are only humans. I like the rest, you made at 0:54, giving time to regroup & repeating at the end. Nice one! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Floyd
Very engaging tune. Your pop side clearly has plenty to offer. Sheer class all the way, as per usual.
Regards,
Leon

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd,
This is so well done: an irresistible beat with simple backing that highlights the vocal sticking close to such a catchy melody... that brief burst of heavy guitar was a surprise but it fits.
When grandpa`s country began to fuse with pop I began to listen more; no doubt others more expert will hear your influences- I was taken back to the time I heard Kostas performing his own very pop flavoured cool country songs. This is that good!

Robert

Robert - thanks for the nice comments.

A very nice surprise that you know the name "Kostas". Can't imagine that many do. An amazing writer (in the golden era of amazing writers - and the last of them getting their just rewards...)

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool tune. Sounds like something that plays on the radio these days.

Good job. I'll listen on some cans later.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,478
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195