You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#618172 - 10/07/20 10:16 AM [User Showcase] Stretched To The Limit (ft. Rhiannah Warm - vocals)
Loc: UK
Andyman Offline
Apprentice

https://soundcloud.com/andyshearer-1/stretched-to-the-limit-featuring-rhiannah-warm-vocal

Rhiannah is a singer from Bangor in Northern Ireland, and she contacted me over 5 years ago in response to my request for collaboration on this exact song that I had just written.
The lyrics are quite personal and mark a difficult period in my life, which made it difficult for me to sing the song myself, so I was happy to give someone else the opportunity to do it.
I was lucky enough to get three singers to provide me with a vocal track, and each provided their own highly personalised interpretation, but it was Rhiannah's that stood out for me. The raw emotion in her voice perfectly mirrored the emotions that I was trying to express in the lyrics.
So Rhiannah provided the vocal and I provided piano, acoustic guitar, bass, strings, mixing and production. The result can be heard at: https://youtu.be/SVOm18d-2Nw

Because of the fact that the 2015 recording has recently been getting a fair amount of airplay on various internet radio stations, it occurred to me to have a go at re-recording the song with a slightly different flavour, and so I began experimenting with BIAB and was pleasantly surprised when I tried it with the PORTAGE.STY. I think that the country ballad style suits Rhiannah's voice very well.
So, apart from the strings that were used in the previous recording, and a different vocal take, here is the new version which includes the following REALTRACKS:

518: Bass,Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 085
2691: Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryBalladBrentSimple Ev 085
RealDrums=NashvilleEven8^2=a:Sidestick, HiHat, b:Snare, HiHat
362: Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 085
365: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085

LYRICS:

-------------------------------------------------------------
How can I tell you just how I feel
I've hit rock bottom and that's a deal
Caught in a circle, I'm spiralling down
I'm on a street corner of an unfamiliar town
--------------------------------------------------------------
And I'm stretched to the limit
And I'm pushed to the brink
Little by little
Just watch me sink
I'm breaking this link
Cos' I ain't got an answer and no time to think
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm here in the shadows. Out on a limb
Sleep deprived and balanced on a rim (oh yeah)
Hold out your hand. Please pull me in
I need your sweet love to save my skin
---------------------------------------------------------
Cos I'm stretched to the limit
I'm pushed to the brink
Little by little
You just stand by and watch me sink
Think it's time I broke our link
You ain't got an answer
We just don't wanna think
---------------------------------------------------------
I'm drowning in self pity and I'm choking on self doubt
Please throw me a line. Try and fish me out
I'm like a small bird. A bird's got a broken wing
Your love can heal me. Make me sing again
----------------------------------------------------------
Cos I'm stretched to the limit
And I'm pushed to the brink
Little by little
I can see you standing there
Standing there and watching me sink
Yes I'm stretched to the limit
Now I'm gonna break our link
Cos we ain't got an answer
And the time has run out to think
No more time to think
----------------------------------------------------------

#618219 - 10/07/20 02:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Stretched To The Limit (ft. Rhiannah Warm - vocals) [Re: Andyman]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Good song and good vocals, strong emotions, liked the whole thing

#618962 - 10/13/20 05:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Stretched To The Limit (ft. Rhiannah Warm - vocals) [Re: Andyman]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Really nice stuff Andy!! Vocal has a lot of passion....just what the song needs! And, Brent's guitar is a great fit.....so soulful! Really well put together!! Take care. Greg

#618994 - 10/14/20 02:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Stretched To The Limit (ft. Rhiannah Warm - vocals) [Re: Andyman]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
Yeah, the new version wins hands down.
Cool.

#619002 - 10/14/20 04:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Stretched To The Limit (ft. Rhiannah Warm - vocals) [Re: Andyman]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hello Andyman,

Rhiannah has very nice vocals, so I can understand you choose her for this very emotional song.
A nice melody with a good band!
I like the mood of it.

Hans

#619019 - 10/14/20 06:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Stretched To The Limit (ft. Rhiannah Warm - vocals) [Re: Andyman]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow - loved this! Rhiannah did serious justice to it. She's got a great set of pipes. I found her performance really impassioned - thanks for sharing smile

#619031 - 10/14/20 07:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Stretched To The Limit (ft. Rhiannah Warm - vocals) [Re: Andyman]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Expert

Loc: Illinois
Powerful lyrics.
The new version is excellent.
I see why you picked her as the vocalist.
Well done.

https://sites.google.com/view/captainmoto-com/home?authuser=0

#619192 - 10/15/20 01:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Stretched To The Limit (ft. Rhiannah Warm - vocals) [Re: Andyman]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
That is a powerful and soulful vocal. Oozes feeling.
A great delivery of your sad but strong lyric.

And the BiaB band worked well for us.

Very nice.

J&B

#619209 - 10/15/20 04:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Stretched To The Limit (ft. Rhiannah Warm - vocals) [Re: Andyman]
Loc: Shores of Lake Erie
Westside Steve Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Shores of Lake Erie
I love this excellent piece of work. Dramatic and distinctive voice and wonderful sound
WSS

#619224 - 10/15/20 06:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Stretched To The Limit (ft. Rhiannah Warm - vocals) [Re: Andyman]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Veteran

Andy,
Sad and beautiful tune. I believe Rhiannah done the justice with the powerful lyrics of yours.
Excellent mix & production! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

#619259 - 10/16/20 02:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Stretched To The Limit (ft. Rhiannah Warm - vocals) [Re: Andyman]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Very nice song; absolutely great vocals.

#619342 - 10/16/20 04:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Stretched To The Limit (ft. Rhiannah Warm - vocals) [Re: Andyman]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

strong message ..................How can I tell you just how I feel
I've hit rock bottom and that's a deal
Caught in a circle, I'm spiralling down
I'm on a street corner of an unfamiliar town
--------------------------------------------------------------excellent writing and productions was as it should be !!, vocals fit like a glove !! thanks .

#619450 - 10/17/20 02:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Stretched To The Limit (ft. Rhiannah Warm - vocals) [Re: Andyman]
Andyman Offline
Apprentice

Thanks for all the positive comments. I wasn't sure id I'd done enough with the Realtracks as they're pretty much as they come without much editing, and they're all from the same style (PORTAGE.STY).
I suppose that it's the lyrics, vocals and production that are the main feature of this type of song though, and I do think that Rhiannah's voice would still sound impressive even if she was singing her shopping list. lol.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac® Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during our Mac special (ending July 15th) and you'll receive a Free Bonus PAK*!

What does the Free Bonus PAK include?
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 34: Blues Piano and Organ (9 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 16: Fusion Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 11: Songs with Vocals volume 1 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 1 (20 RealDrums stems)
-MIDI Styles Set 84: Look Ma! More MIDI 7 (complete, 15 styles)
-Over 400 playable RealTracks (sfz sforzando files)
-RealCombos Booster PAK (30 New RealStyles, 26 Existing RealStyles, 109 RT's/RD's)

Want even more? Boost your Free Bonus PAK to the 49-PAK for $49 to add:
-60 Bonus RT/RD (20 more than in previous years)
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar (5 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocals volume 2 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 2 (20 RealDrums stems)
-Look Ma! More MIDI 8 (complete, 15 styles)

Learn more...

*excluding the $49 version upgrade purchase.

Holiday Hours - Canada Day (July 1, 2022)

We are celebrating Canada Day on Friday, July 1st - but we're still here!

Our Customer Service hours that day are adjusted to:

Friday, July 1: 8am-4pm PDT

Regular Hours resume Saturday, July 2nd.
www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Happy Independence Day to our USA friends on Monday, July 4th!

New Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Add-ons are Here!

We're excited to say that we've just released some amazing new RealStyles with XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows or Mac!

XPro Styles PAK 2 includes 100 fresh new RealStyles that will up the utility and fun factor of the Band-in-a-Box® Pro version by adding 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles! XPro Styles PAK 3 goes even further - not only is it packed 100 new RealStyles, it includes 35 RealTracks that are not included with a Pro or MegaPAK purchase - adding even more versatility to what these can do! Sink your teeth into 25 rock/pop styles, 25 jazz/funk styles, 25 country/bluegrass styles, and 25 styles featuring a mix of genres ranging from high energy electro swing to ambient grooves and everything in between.

With the new Xtra Styles PAK 13, we're going to make the number thirteen lucky again! There are 200 new RealStyles for Rock/Pop, Jazz, Country, and Singer-Songwriter. Some examples of what's included: Mellow soundtrack rock, Americana country lullaby, western swing big band, coffee house jazz waltz, jazzy jump blues, songwriter gospel ballad, fast indie rock, vintage clav funk, country pop march, and much, much more!

And they're all ON SALE until July 15th! Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs or XPro Styles PAKs for only $29 per PAK (regular price $49 each)!

Purchase XPro Styles PAKs
Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs
Learn more & watch our video demonstrations

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac is here!

There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 13, XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until July 15, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase a Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages! For more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!), upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

How to: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Did you know that you can have multiple instances of Band-in-a-Box® open on your computer? There was a conversation about this recently on our Forum, so we put together this video explaining how: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

How to: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track (RealBand)

Using RealBand and wondering how to replace a MIDI track with an audio track?

We show you how in our RealBand®: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track
video!

How to: Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Do you want to record your MIDI keyboard into Band-in-a-Box®, but aren't sure where to start? This quick video is what you've been looking for! How to Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows.

User Guide: Working with MIDI

Forum Stats
36223 Members
64 Forums
74881 Topics
657564 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
mikecoz, Luc B, isH, Dedubya, rknight

36223 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 265