Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#619714 - 10/20/20 07:31 AM [User Showcase] Take your partner for an old time waltz.
Loc: Derry,Ireland
musiclover Offline
Veteran

Hi folks,

Hope everyone is well, haven't posted anything in a long long time, so here is an old time waltz.

Never too Old to fall in love.

I probably will redo the vocal some time as too much sibilance in it.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks.

Style is C_WLZMED.STY (Country Waltz - Medium Tempo)
Style MIDI Instruments are : Finger Electric Bass (34), Acoustic Piano (1), Acoustic Guitar (26), Acoustic Guitar (26),
MIDI Drums :1 Standard Drum Kit (1)
Fiddle background realtrack

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2021, Cubase elements 11 and Cakewalk by Bandlab.

#619730 - 10/20/20 09:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. [Re: musiclover]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Lovely song. Super vocal and lyric. I can imagine sitting in the corner of the pub surrounded by friends all singing this song. Well done

#619856 - 10/21/20 04:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. [Re: musiclover]
musiclover Offline
Veteran

Hey Scott,

Thanks a lot for having a listen and your comments.

Just had a listen on your Soundcloud page, you have some excellent songs there.

All the best.

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2021, Cubase elements 11 and Cakewalk by Bandlab.

#619968 - 10/21/20 05:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. [Re: musiclover]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Musiclover.

This is great!

I love waltzes and you've created a wonderful gem here. The lyrics, your singing, the arrangement -- everything worked for me. I liked that your vocals were a little out front and so easy to understand.

It's two enthusiastic thumbs up from me!

All the best,
Noel

#619973 - 10/21/20 06:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. [Re: musiclover]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Really wonderful use of the style. It fits what you ended up creating quite well. Thanks for sharing!

#619981 - 10/21/20 06:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. [Re: musiclover]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Expert

Loc: Illinois
Nice song!
Good Orchestration, Wonderful lyrics, I like the message.
Vocals ate nice and clear, maybe a little de essing will make it perfect.

A good listen.
Well done.

moto

https://sites.google.com/view/captainmoto-com/home?authuser=0

#620067 - 10/22/20 05:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. [Re: Noel96]
musiclover Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Musiclover.

This is great!

I love waltzes and you've created a wonderful gem here. The lyrics, your singing, the arrangement -- everything worked for me. I liked that your vocals were a little out front and so easy to understand.

It's two enthusiastic thumbs up from me!

All the best,
Noel

Hello Noel,

Its good to hear from you, hope you are doing well over there.
Thanks for having a listen and you comments.

When I think of songs with a positive uplifting message that have been posted on here your songs have come to mind, so maybe that has influenced me when I put this little song down.

all the best for now.

Edited by musiclover (10/22/20 05:19 AM)

#620069 - 10/22/20 05:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. [Re: Ember - PG Music]
musiclover Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Really wonderful use of the style. It fits what you ended up creating quite well. Thanks for sharing!

Very much appreciate you having a listen Ember, considering that you are all very busy this time of year, probably with biab 21.

Regards and thanks to everyone at PGmusic for making this all possible with band in a box.

Edited by musiclover (10/22/20 05:18 AM)

#620070 - 10/22/20 05:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. [Re: CaptainMoto]
musiclover Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Nice song!
Good Orchestration, Wonderful lyrics, I like the message.
Vocals ate nice and clear, maybe a little de essing will make it perfect.

A good listen.
Well done.

moto

Thanks Captain for having a listen, glad you liked the lyrics, hopefully it comes across as a positive message.

Maybe sometime in future I will try to re-do the vocal, as sibilance is probably too pronounced for de-essing.

Take care

#620204 - 10/23/20 04:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. [Re: musiclover]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
musiclover,

A really nice song. A sweet story, well told.

Your vocal is quite nice - perfect for the story. The backing, too.

I assume you are playing accordion? Sounds good.

You list the BIAB details as (mostly) MIDI. If you are using a vst for the acoustic guitar - it is a good one - sounds good...

I enjoyed the listen. You should post more often! After all we're "never too old to share". smile

fj

#620250 - 10/23/20 09:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. [Re: musiclover]
musiclover Offline
Veteran

Thanks a lot Floyd for taking the time to have a listen.

I use Halion Se as the default synth in biab, I like the sound of it.

The accordion is just notated in biab, I find biab makes it easy enough to enter a simple melody line.

Thanks again.

#620279 - 10/23/20 01:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. [Re: musiclover]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
As Scott said, "I can imagine sitting in the corner of the pub surrounded by friends all singing this song."

His comment brought up great imagery that we have of your country from the many travelogs we watch.
We feel like we've been in that pub.

It's always cool to hear a waltz ... back in our bluegrass band days we played quite a few. Janice just loves them.

Nice write, vocal, arrangement, band and the mix sounds good on our monitors.

We enjoyed the entire package!

J&B

#620317 - 10/23/20 04:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. [Re: musiclover]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Really nice lilting melody and an engaging vocal.
Nicely done with the accordion.

Really enjoyable.

Peter

#620368 - 10/24/20 06:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. [Re: Janice & Bud]
musiclover Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
As Scott said, "I can imagine sitting in the corner of the pub surrounded by friends all singing this song."

His comment brought up great imagery that we have of your country from the many travelogs we watch.
We feel like we've been in that pub.

It's always cool to hear a waltz ... back in our bluegrass band days we played quite a few. Janice just loves them.

Nice write, vocal, arrangement, band and the mix sounds good on our monitors.

We enjoyed the entire package!

J&B

Guess its my turn to buy everyone a pint of Guinness since you are all singing my song smile

Thanks very much Janice and Bud for taking the time to have a listen and your kind comments.

#620369 - 10/24/20 06:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. [Re: PeterF]
musiclover Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Really nice lilting melody and an engaging vocal.
Nicely done with the accordion.

Really enjoyable.

Peter

Thanks a lot Peter for having a listen, biab does make it easy to enter the melody for the midi accordion.

Cheers.

#620375 - 10/24/20 06:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. [Re: musiclover]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
A wonderful story, and a captivating presentation, musiclover (you wear the moniker so well!). Man, I can hear this song being sung by the whole crowd swinging their mugs in the air. I'm in.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper & Cakewalk

#620385 - 10/24/20 06:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. [Re: musiclover]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Musiclover,

Some minutes ago I decided to go to the forum again, listen to some songs and do my 'homework' answering reactions.
This morning i did this as well, but then something came across.
So I saw your reaction on my song (Thanks, I will react on it), but also saw your song and heard it.
And what a nice one that is. The lyrics are so nice, especially the last one. I do like these Irish songs very much.
We loved the Dubliners and the Pogues. There was a Dutch band in my neighbourhood imitating the Dubliners very well, but of course not as good as the real one.

You and your nice vocals gave the real touch to this song. Very good!
I think you are right though to get rid of some sibilance. It is something they had to tell me many times. I think I solved it (a bit) so for you it will be easy too ;-)

Nice song!
Hans

#620392 - 10/24/20 07:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. [Re: musiclover]
musiclover Offline
Veteran

Thanks a lot Hans for having a listen, good to know you like the Irish music, the accordion is very popular here as you probably know, and we give our own twist to home grown country songs known as Country and Irish.

I do like to have a clear vocal and think with this one sometime in future I will re-do it again, as sibilance is too much for my liking, have tried de-essing and pulling the frequency down where I think it is happening but it doesn't do much good.

As it says in an online article "its better to get it right at the source" when recording so that is good advice.

Glad you like the song though and thanks again.

#620396 - 10/24/20 07:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. [Re: BabuMusic]
musiclover Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
A wonderful story, and a captivating presentation, musiclover (you wear the moniker so well!). Man, I can hear this song being sung by the whole crowd swinging their mugs in the air. I'm in.

Hey Marty,

Good to hear from you, with all this singing and drinking I think we are well on our way to being unsteady on our feet by now..:)

its great that you enjoyed the listen, many thanks.

#620564 - 10/25/20 02:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. [Re: musiclover]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Wonderful sentiment, and a very nice tune!! Has a very classic feel to it.....old time, natural story telling. There is a real sincerity and honesty in the lyric! Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
RealBand® Works Great in Windows® 11!

Here's an introductory look at RealBand® running on the preview version of Windows® 11!

Watch the video.

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2021!

Check out some of the latest Band-in-a-Box® feedback we've received:

"There's a saying 'Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.' That's exactly what my friend did in 1990. He taught me how to use BIAB and I've used it hundreds of time to do arraignment and to jam with any style band."

"Love BIAB. I use it daily. Their support is great too!"

"RealTracks are amazing!!! I use BIAB for backtracks in my solo act... Still using the basic package and it's all need..."

"I have used Band in A Box for many years. If it would have been around when I was young, I would have been a much better musician. I use it for all my songs I have written and recorded. With Band In A Box I can sit in my room and sound like a whole band without having to put up with them!"

"If you know something about music and take the time to learn the program, you can make it do some amazing things. It is a great help to songwriters who want to demo their song without paying for studio time. It makes changes and tweaks much easier as well."

"Been using it for so many years. It's a great tool. The instruments that I don't have or play make up the void and it saves so much time. I use this program for every song I write."

"Great tool for the songwriter!"

"An essential part of my studio! I write songs on piano, but I'm not a pianist by a long way. BIAB is like having a roomful of session players in your studio, and just the simple act of taking your basic idea and hearing a skilled pianist play it presents so many new ideas and options you hadn't thought of."

"Powerful, easy to use, inexpensive and they even split the modest payments up if you want. No complaints. Lots of satisfaction."

"I added a steel guitar to a fully produced original. He followed every change like he was in the studio reading the chart. Fascinating technology!"

"I have used it to make backing tracks for six CD's with about 12 songs on each. They make a great gift!"

"It's simply a necessity - buy it now - the staff and support do a great job as well!"

"A great tool for us songwriters!"

"I LOVE Band-in-a-Box!"

"I see it as a very worthwhile investment. In fact, from initial purchase about 8 years ago, using the backing tracks I have made, my income from that investment has returned over 5,000% on the investment!"

continued...

Do you have something to say about Band-in-a-Box®? Post your own thoughts for Windows or Mac version today!

Band-in-a-Box® - Boxing Clever - Sound on Sound #TBT

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® is more than 30 years old? I stumbled across this 1990 magazine article explaining the relatively new program, and think it's an enjoyable read for any Band-in-a-Box user - it really shows that we are always listening to user feedback when developing our program!

Read the article: Boxing Clever: Band-In-A-Box Software

A few of my favorite statements:

"The intention of PG Music's Band-In-A-Box package is to couple that speed and convenience with the improved flexibility of the personal computer. Versions are available for the Atari ST, Mac, and PC compatibles. Have the programmers succeeded? And can they rid themselves of the stigma of the auto-accompaniment section? Given the above state of affairs, the first hurdle that the program has to overcome is one of acceptance and, frankly, a name like 'Band-In-A-Box' is a bad start."

(I think our name was a great start!)

"The final results are, to say the least, impressive. Band-In-A-Box achieves something that most hardwired auto-accompaniment sections have never been able to do - inject a degree of feel into the music. It really does sound more human than so many of the computer generated pieces I've heard."

"...I'm quite convinced that PG Music will have a winner on their hands. This is one piece of software that you can get more out of than you put in."

#TipTuesday Convert RealDrums to MIDI!

Did you know that you can convert RealDrums to MIDI?

VintageGibson shared this tip to our Tips & Tricks forum, which is a great place to look for program tips from other Band-in-a-Box users!

Read this handy trick.

Have a program tip or trick of your own? Share it on our Tips & Tricks forum today!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Italian for Mac is Here!

Abbiamo lavorato tanto e abbiamo aggiunto 80 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi Strumentali, Performance degli Artisti, Bonus RealDrums "Singoli", trascrizioni RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAKs 10 e 11, e altro ancora!

Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Export / Print a List of Selected Styles (Band-in-a-Box®)

Did you know that you can export a list of your Styles from Band-in-a-Box®?

Head to this forum post in our "Tips & Tricks" forum, where VideoTrack shares another handy tip for Band-in-a-Box® users!

Band-in-a-Box® Chord List Resource

Ever wonder which chords are supported in Band-in-a-Box®? Access the information from the Help file in the program, or read through the list with our Online Manual!

Chord List - Mac Online Manual
Chord List - Windows Online Manual

Review the other Reference topcs while you're there - with explanations of the different menus and the Keystroke Commands (Hot Keys), you'll definitely learn something new!

Forum Stats
34902 Members
66 Forums
70912 Topics
614282 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Fiddlecat, cebodorr1, emeraldopia, jojo34, otomawak

34901 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
swingbabymix 216
VideoTrack 214