wondering how i ever let her walk away
i'm drowning in regret
i need to find a way to forget

i'm gonna weekend her off my mind...

The BAND:

RealTracks in song: 2260:Bass, Electric, FunkyGroove60s Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 1037:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm NorthernRockBallad Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 1755:Mandolin, Rhythm Pop8ths Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 2691:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryBalladBrentSimple Ev 085
Royalty Free Loops

Me: lyric & music, vocals, acoustic guitar, banjo, arrangement, production, mixing, art work
Harmonies are a mix of me (2 tracks) and Helicon tracks generated in RealBand (one low, one high)

Any comments welcome.
Have at it.

fj

#619933 - 10/21/20 12:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

You're just a song writing machine. And they're all fairly good.... (wink) ... including this one.

Nice work. Mix sounds good on this computer too.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#619961 - 10/21/20 03:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
floyd

Always enjoy your "standard fare".

Lovely memorable chorus, and lyric. Superb vocal as always, and thoughtful use of the backing, including the restrained guitar solo.

Enjoyed it all.

Peter

#619964 - 10/21/20 04:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
You are so productive and you are always delivering quality stuff. I enjoyed this song a lot.

Are you always singing about the same woman? Or are there several you let walk away? smile

Mix and overall production is great as always!

Thanks for sharing!
Will

#619979 - 10/21/20 06:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Floyd,

You say “standard fare” but that undersells what you do. Great write married to excellent vocal and production. Anything but standard this. Love that mandolin in the verses; really sets a nice base to the rhythm.

I’ve been seeing references to Helicon tracks on the board lately—not sure what they are, but if used to generate the harmonies they do an awful nice job. Nice touch mixing them in.

Real nice country. Enjoyed it!

All my best,

Deej

Edited by Deej56 (10/21/20 06:40 PM)

#619987 - 10/21/20 06:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Expert

Loc: Illinois
Another WInner!!

Excellent song.
Always enjoy your work.
Some fancy work around the fret board there..........love it.
This one has the makings of a big hit.

moto

https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/captainmoto/on-the-brink

#619996 - 10/21/20 07:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Excellent tune Floyd. Got a chuckle out of the title. Had to think about it for a second lol. Very cool vocal and lyric. As always perfect production. Well done

#620009 - 10/21/20 08:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
jptjptjpt Offline
Journeyman

Another outstanding offer. Great hook line. Good country song titles (at least the classic variety like this) are a bit of word games. This one nailed it. Great instrumentation. Lyrics told the story well. Excellent country vocals. No nits here. Nice work.

Edited by jptjptjpt (10/21/20 08:08 PM)

https://youtu.be/VWTesk12JyU

My music can be heard at: http://thecracks.bandcamp.com/

#620013 - 10/21/20 10:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi Floyd
If by 'standard fare' you mean good enough to become a standard, than I agree. Top quality as usual.
Regards,
Leon

#620023 - 10/21/20 11:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
How did you get that pizzicato sounding rhythm that starts the tune off? Was that a loop? Whatever it was, I loved that. I actually opened up BIAB and checked RT 1755 mandolin to see if that was it and I don't think so? Anyway, another of your terrific sessions done so effortlessly, high quality work as always. Great lyrics.

#620047 - 10/22/20 04:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
That's one well textured arrangement.
Jim Beam as a verb is new to me but an instance communication too.
Lovely melody, lovely vocal performance...standard fare when standard is a rare and joyous thing perhaps.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#620049 - 10/22/20 04:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Floyd ...

Well, it might be "standard fare" for you. For the rest of us, it would be like hitting a game-winning home run in the bottom of the 9th with two out. Can't say that I've ever come across "weekend" as a verb ... nice call!

Love the mandolin track ... it seems to energize everything else and give it all a path to follow. Your mixes are always spot on, great "bands", super arrangements, and fantastic delivery. The only thing I don't like about it is that I didn't write it.

Not only are your vocals excellent ... they're also very distinctive and have your personal trademark all over them. After but a word or two, there's no doubt who's singing. You do, indeed, set the bar for the rest of us.

Take care and be safe ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#620089 - 10/22/20 07:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Man, I just love listening to your mixes! Just a pleasure through both the 'phones and the KRK's.

Drums sounds great, loops I guess, heck, everything sounds great.

I like the "weekend her off my mind" concept, especially liked the "friday i'm gonna jim beam 'til i'm blind" line.
Been there, done that, and for the same reason. Not recently mind you eek

Good one floyd, as per usual. Enjoyed several listens.

#620095 - 10/22/20 07:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Dang - fantastic work here - as it has been mentioned, you knocked it outta the park with the mix. Loved the vocals and the instrumentation is on point. Wouldn't change a thing! Thanks for sharing smile

#620100 - 10/22/20 07:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
You're just a song writing machine. And they're all fairly good.... (wink) ... including this one.

Nice work. Mix sounds good on this computer too.

Thanks, Herb.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Always enjoy your "standard fare".

Lovely memorable chorus, and lyric. Superb vocal as always, and thoughtful use of the backing, including the restrained guitar solo.

Enjoyed it all.

Peter

Thanks for the comments, Peter. BIAB almost always impresses me with its choices of solo guitars. Having done 200+ productions there has only been a handful of times that I could not find something that I thought fit and worked well...

#620124 - 10/22/20 09:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Floyd,
Simply superb arrangement and production of a good , nicely quirky write.
Listening to verse 1, I thought " oh,its a list song", but you got the days of the week done and really floored me with that Jim Beam line.
Your vocals are a textbook example of good performance captured, professionally processed and tastefully harmonised.
Excellent!

Robert

#620128 - 10/22/20 10:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Aberdeen, NC
Bawb Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Aberdeen, NC
Hi Floyd,

Wow, this is such a catchy and appealing sounding song. The cadence at first reminds me of Mary Chapin Carpenter's "Passionate Kisses".

The instruments all flow and blend seamlessly. Good write , consummate professional vocals and harmonies.

If you plan on making another CD to sell on Amazon, I would highly recommend you ad this song to your playlist!

#620133 - 10/22/20 10:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Derry,Ireland
musiclover Online   happy
Veteran

Loc: Derry,Ireland
Hello Floyd,

What more can be said here, you just keep churning them out each as good if not better than the last.

When listening I just hear little things that add to your song, which makes it sound such a pro production.

A good write and production.

No doubt your next one will be just as good as well smile

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 7 (32bit) and 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2020, and Cubase elements 10

#620211 - 10/23/20 04:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
You are so productive and you are always delivering quality stuff. I enjoyed this song a lot.

Are you always singing about the same woman? Or are there several you let walk away? smile

Mix and overall production is great as always!

Thanks for sharing!
Will

Thanks, Will. "the same woman?" HA! No. Trying to sing about all of 'em... smile

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Floyd,

You say “standard fare” but that undersells what you do. Great write married to excellent vocal and production. Anything but standard this. Love that mandolin in the verses; really sets a nice base to the rhythm.

I’ve been seeing references to Helicon tracks on the board lately—not sure what they are, but if used to generate the harmonies they do an awful nice job. Nice touch mixing them in.

Real nice country. Enjoyed it!

All my best,

Deej

Thanks, Deej. The "Helicon tracks" are harmonies generated by the TC Helicon harmony plugin that comes with BIAB. It is easiest to do that by opening RealBand and loading your SGU and your vocal (typically out of your DAW where it is recorded) and have the plugin create the harmony track based on "follow the chord". There are several different combinations. I find the the 1 UP and 1 DOWN work for me (but you still have to use them judiciously to get them to "sound real"). I wrote up a full instruction at one point (in Tips, maybe. I think Noel wrote one up, too)

#620219 - 10/23/20 05:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Weekend Her Off My Mind [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Floyd,

I liked those choruses a lot!
The song is very cool, powerful but also sensitive.
All instruments sound so very bright, as if you're standing next to them.
But that's always the case in your songs. Constant quality!
I envy that a little, but it's also good to realize it is achievable without jumping into expensive studios.

Have a nice day,
Hans

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Free Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Update Available!

Update your installation of Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows for free today!

With the latest update, we've addressed user reported issues with using ASIO drivers, exported MIDI files, out-of-sync visual playback, Mixer volumes, and more!

If you're using Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows, download this free update today.

(This update also includes DAW Plugin build v.3.4.4)

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 French for Windows is Here!

Nous avons beaucoup travaillé pour offrir à Band-in-a-Box® 2021 cette étonnante panoplie de quelques 80 fonctions inédites et sa collection de contenus originaux à savoir: 202 RealTracks, des RealStyles inédits, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes Instrument, des Performances Artiste, un Bonus RealDrums "Solo", des transcriptions RealDrums, les MultiStyles PAK 1, les Xtra Styles PAK 10 et bien plus encore …!

Nouvelles Fonctionnalités
Band-in-a-Box® et RealBand 2021: Tous Packages

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Reviews!

Head to www.gearsltuz.com for the latest Band-in-a-Box® reviews by Sound-Guy and CoolGuitarGear!

Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve into an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians. You can produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. As it has been for years, it’s an amazing program.
-Sound-Guy

From my perspective, as a long-time user of BIAB, the above improvements, changes and additions definitely take the program to the next step. The new elements and audio upgrading are fantastic and I’m even more excited to work with this version than some others in the past.
-CoolGuitarGear

How To Quickly Adjust Your Chord Sheet Size

Did you know you can quickly adjust the size of your chord sheet in Band-in-a-Box® by holding CTRL while scrolling with the mouse scroll wheel?

How handy!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 für Windows® ist hier!
Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 202 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI-SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums Transkriptionen, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 und vieles mehr!

Was ist neu? | Paket

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - New Intro Options!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2021 there are additional options for generating an intro!

Within Band-in-a-Box, choose Song Form | Generate Intro to see all the different options available:
-All Instruments
-Drums only
-Bass and Drums
-NEW! Bass only
-NEW! Bass then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Drums then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Piano Only
-NEW! Guitar Only
-NEW! Strings Only
-NEW! Custom - you pick!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Update Available!

We've updated our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to enhance Big Sur and M1 capabilities, improve the notation window, resolve AIFF rendering errors, as well as addressing a few other user-reported issues.

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac? Update for free today.

Forum Stats
34013 Members
67 Forums
68466 Topics
586973 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Peterpoker, john mathew, gelsol, Dean-O, jll79

34012 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 181
dcuny 178