You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#622056 - 11/06/20 07:19 PM [User Showcase] Cotton Candy Kiss - new country song
Loc: Thousand Oaks Ca.
JeffB720 Offline
Enthusiast

Hey Everyone. Been a long time since I've used BIAB.

This is my first country song attempt. I'm not great at keeping notes but it was a Country boogie CBOOGMD tracks that I used.

https://soundcloud.com/jeff-bonilla/cottoncndy2020-eb-vox1-mix2-6-3-20-12-mastered-with-cloudbounce

Thanks for listening.

Jeff
Read My Book On Amazon
https://amzn.to/2uQGFqX
Listen To My Music
http://bit.ly/1mpgTvM

#622060 - 11/06/20 09:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Cotton Candy Kiss - new country song [Re: JeffB720]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hi Jeff ...

For a first attempt at country, you did a good job with this one. It sounds like you've been doing it for a while. I don't know who your singer is, but she did a real nice job for you. Enjoyed my listen a lot. Good luck with the song!

Wishing you the very best. Be safe ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#622066 - 11/06/20 10:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: Cotton Candy Kiss - new country song [Re: Al-David]
JeffB720 Offline
Enthusiast

Hey Alan,
Thanks for listening and the kind words. Yeah the singer was really good. I got her through studiopros.com
My GF added the harmonies.

Hey I was listening to your loops. Did you include your own guitar playing on those loops and then fill in with the BIAB or were the guitars BIAB as well?

I also like your jazz loops.
I played around with those too with a chord progression and liked it so much I ended up putting some words on top of it. Take a listen as I think you may like it. The vocalist was from studiopros as well.
https://soundcloud.com/jeff-bonilla/be-mine-tonight-vox3
Read My Book On Amazon
Listen To My Music

#622067 - 11/06/20 10:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Cotton Candy Kiss - new country song [Re: JeffB720]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hi Jeff ...

You are welcome. I enjoyed my listen a lot.

Regarding my loops ... most of them are BIAB RTs but a few of them are mine. I have Focal Dystonia, a disease that has significantly hindered my playing ability. It makes my fingers stiff and want to curl inward. So I don't do very much of my own guitar work these days. Just part of getting old ... I'll be 74 on my next birthday. But I made lots of money playing guitar for over 50 years, so no complaints!

I listen to your song ... really nice! Smooth and sexy! And you hired a good singer for the job. The song is nice in every way.

Best to you ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#622165 - 11/07/20 04:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Cotton Candy Kiss - new country song [Re: JeffB720]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool country tune. Loved the vocal. Super mix and production.

#622173 - 11/07/20 05:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Cotton Candy Kiss - new country song [Re: JeffB720]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
WOW you should do more like this! The vocals are outstanding. I really liked the lyrics. You backing tracks and mix are super.

I'm not sure that I would call this country but whatever, this is an excellent song.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#622248 - 11/08/20 09:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Cotton Candy Kiss - new country song [Re: JeffB720]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Expert

Loc: Illinois
Excellent!
Can't say much more than that.

https://sites.google.com/view/captainmoto-com/home?authuser=0

#622283 - 11/08/20 02:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: Cotton Candy Kiss - new country song [Re: JeffB720]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
Excellent song! Very appealing. Besides the good lead singer, the background singer is good too. Sounds pro.

#622338 - 11/08/20 11:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Cotton Candy Kiss - new country song [Re: Scott C]
JeffB720 Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Scott! Hope you are having a great week.

Jeff
Read My Book On Amazon
Listen To My Music

#622358 - 11/09/20 06:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Cotton Candy Kiss - new country song [Re: JeffB720]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Really well done! Wouldn't have guessed it was a firm time for you, making a country song. Sounds really natural smile I love how smooth it is, and thought the singer did a great job.

#622389 - 11/09/20 11:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Cotton Candy Kiss - new country song [Re: JeffB720]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

That's pretty cool country pop song. Well done.... I could hear Taylor Swift singing this at the beginning of her career.

The vocals were super sweet and right in key. Nice BGH work too by your GF. I'd be curious to hear her singing lead as she did a really nice job on backup.

Nits...

The kick was mixed nicely until the chorus. At that point something happens and it becomes way more prominent. It stays that way. Curious what happened there.

Second thing I noticed was that the vocals were a few dB too hot. They could have been backed off a tad to sit better in the mix. There's also some plosives on the P in peanuts.

None of those are buzz-kills, just nits, that if addressed would make this a really nice listen.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#622431 - 11/09/20 04:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: Cotton Candy Kiss - new country song [Re: JeffB720]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Great song! What a chorus! Singer delivers the goods. Excellent work. Lyrics flowed so well, please print them out.

#622655 - 11/10/20 07:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Cotton Candy Kiss - new country song [Re: Guitarhacker]
JeffB720 Offline
Enthusiast

Hey thank you for listening. Glad you liked it.

I know the vocals were a bit in front of the mix because my co-writers in Nashville wanted to pitch the song to someone and wanted the vocals clear.
I think the instruments were a little low in the mix.
I'll check the drums. My GF mentioned it too. Might have had ear fatique.

I should probably remix this now that they have their pitch mix.

Thanks again for notes.

Jeff
Read My Book On Amazon
Listen To My Music

#622876 - 11/12/20 01:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Cotton Candy Kiss - new country song [Re: JeffB720]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Fun song Jeff!! Catchy and clever.....a sweet treat!! Take care. Greg

#623820 - 11/19/20 12:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Cotton Candy Kiss - new country song [Re: JeffB720]
Loc: Texas, United States
TexasFrets Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Texas, United States
Love it. So fun. Great vocals. Excellent lyrics. Really like the chorus. Great job.

Cheers,
Todd

#623824 - 11/19/20 02:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Cotton Candy Kiss - new country song [Re: JeffB720]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
Not very country - a classic bit of late 60s pop I reckon.
The harmony vocals are as cool as the leads.
Well done.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

PG Music News
RealBand® Works Great in Windows® 11!

Here's an introductory look at RealBand® running on the preview version of Windows® 11!

Watch the video.

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2021!

Check out some of the latest Band-in-a-Box® feedback we've received:

"There's a saying 'Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.' That's exactly what my friend did in 1990. He taught me how to use BIAB and I've used it hundreds of time to do arraignment and to jam with any style band."

"Love BIAB. I use it daily. Their support is great too!"

"RealTracks are amazing!!! I use BIAB for backtracks in my solo act... Still using the basic package and it's all need..."

"I have used Band in A Box for many years. If it would have been around when I was young, I would have been a much better musician. I use it for all my songs I have written and recorded. With Band In A Box I can sit in my room and sound like a whole band without having to put up with them!"

"If you know something about music and take the time to learn the program, you can make it do some amazing things. It is a great help to songwriters who want to demo their song without paying for studio time. It makes changes and tweaks much easier as well."

"Been using it for so many years. It's a great tool. The instruments that I don't have or play make up the void and it saves so much time. I use this program for every song I write."

"Great tool for the songwriter!"

"An essential part of my studio! I write songs on piano, but I'm not a pianist by a long way. BIAB is like having a roomful of session players in your studio, and just the simple act of taking your basic idea and hearing a skilled pianist play it presents so many new ideas and options you hadn't thought of."

"Powerful, easy to use, inexpensive and they even split the modest payments up if you want. No complaints. Lots of satisfaction."

"I added a steel guitar to a fully produced original. He followed every change like he was in the studio reading the chart. Fascinating technology!"

"I have used it to make backing tracks for six CD's with about 12 songs on each. They make a great gift!"

"It's simply a necessity - buy it now - the staff and support do a great job as well!"

"A great tool for us songwriters!"

"I LOVE Band-in-a-Box!"

"I see it as a very worthwhile investment. In fact, from initial purchase about 8 years ago, using the backing tracks I have made, my income from that investment has returned over 5,000% on the investment!"

continued...

Do you have something to say about Band-in-a-Box®? Post your own thoughts for Windows or Mac version today!

Band-in-a-Box® - Boxing Clever - Sound on Sound #TBT

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® is more than 30 years old? I stumbled across this 1990 magazine article explaining the relatively new program, and think it's an enjoyable read for any Band-in-a-Box user - it really shows that we are always listening to user feedback when developing our program!

Read the article: Boxing Clever: Band-In-A-Box Software

A few of my favorite statements:

"The intention of PG Music's Band-In-A-Box package is to couple that speed and convenience with the improved flexibility of the personal computer. Versions are available for the Atari ST, Mac, and PC compatibles. Have the programmers succeeded? And can they rid themselves of the stigma of the auto-accompaniment section? Given the above state of affairs, the first hurdle that the program has to overcome is one of acceptance and, frankly, a name like 'Band-In-A-Box' is a bad start."

(I think our name was a great start!)

"The final results are, to say the least, impressive. Band-In-A-Box achieves something that most hardwired auto-accompaniment sections have never been able to do - inject a degree of feel into the music. It really does sound more human than so many of the computer generated pieces I've heard."

"...I'm quite convinced that PG Music will have a winner on their hands. This is one piece of software that you can get more out of than you put in."

#TipTuesday Convert RealDrums to MIDI!

Did you know that you can convert RealDrums to MIDI?

VintageGibson shared this tip to our Tips & Tricks forum, which is a great place to look for program tips from other Band-in-a-Box users!

Read this handy trick.

Have a program tip or trick of your own? Share it on our Tips & Tricks forum today!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Italian for Mac is Here!

Abbiamo lavorato tanto e abbiamo aggiunto 80 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi Strumentali, Performance degli Artisti, Bonus RealDrums "Singoli", trascrizioni RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAKs 10 e 11, e altro ancora!

Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Export / Print a List of Selected Styles (Band-in-a-Box®)

Did you know that you can export a list of your Styles from Band-in-a-Box®?

Head to this forum post in our "Tips & Tricks" forum, where VideoTrack shares another handy tip for Band-in-a-Box® users!

Band-in-a-Box® Chord List Resource

Ever wonder which chords are supported in Band-in-a-Box®? Access the information from the Help file in the program, or read through the list with our Online Manual!

Chord List - Mac Online Manual
Chord List - Windows Online Manual

Review the other Reference topcs while you're there - with explanations of the different menus and the Keystroke Commands (Hot Keys), you'll definitely learn something new!

Forum Stats
34895 Members
66 Forums
70900 Topics
614124 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
map23, KrystalRobinson, Sachmo, DeborahRoughton, SMC

34894 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 210
swingbabymix 203