Options
Index
#626136 - 11/29/20 03:48 AM [User Showcase] Christmas Love
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hello friends

Sorry I have been so scarce. In May this year I was offered a full-time job and it is HECTIC! It is a fintech startup run by three young guys, full of go and ambition. It is good to see how it is done, though, and how success can be achieved through hard work, grit, and perseverance.

I am sure I am one of the few people who had the blessing of being offered full-time employment during this tough time and I am most grateful but my free time has been seriously curtailed and most of it has been spent maintaining my YouTube following.

Anyway, Liz Petty sent me these beautiful lyrics a few days ago and I finally got to writing the music and putting them down.

The Style is JJSHUFL.STY (Laid Back Country Shuffle w/ Aco). I didn't do much to the Band-in-a-Box bed except add a 12 string guitar, a bit of EQ, and some volume envelopes.

RealTracks in style: ~539:Bass, Electric, Pop Sw 120
RealTracks in style: 2124:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryShuffleJohn Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~372:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 120
RealDrums [in style:NashvilleBrushesClassicShuffle: a: Sidestick, Brushes b: Brushes,
RT3219:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Rhythm CampfireSwing Sw 1

Lyrics:

CChristmas Love

V1
we’re not traveling
away from home
we’ll be gathering
around our phones
we’re not going to
holiday shows
we’ll be watching them
remote alone

C
it’s not the same
this Christmas
it’s not the same
as Christmas past
it’s not the same
this Christmas
but Christmas love
is in our grasp

V1
we’re not shopping at
those crowded malls
we’re not eating out
in dining halls
we’re not dancing at
big Christmas balls
we’re staying inside
our own four walls

C
it’s not the same
this Christmas
it’s not the same
as Christmas past
it’s not the same
this Christmas
but Christmas love
is in our grasp

B
all across the world we know
changes are keeping people close to home
giving us more time to think and reflect
on what we took for granted
and on love..
love we can’t forget

C
it’s not the same
this Christmas
it’s not the same
as Christmas past
it’s not the same
this Christmas
but Christmas love
is in our grasp

#626315 - 11/29/20 04:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Love [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
I nice take on the changes needed and how they can, comfortably, accommodate culture, tradition and help reflect on what they mean.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#626376 - 11/29/20 07:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Love [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Joanne,

Great vocal as usual, with some really cool harmonies. A contemporary twist on a Christmas song, capturing the downside of our current environment in a way that still gives us some hope that love, family and friends can overcome and have a great holiday nonetheless. Good stuff!

All my best,

Deej

#626411 - 11/29/20 09:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Love [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Scottish Highlands
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Very lovely song Joanne, always loved your songs and this one is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing

#626537 - 11/30/20 08:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Love [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Expert

Loc: Illinois
Hats off to you and Liz,
Beautiful vocals.
Timely lyrics.
Nice job on pulling it all together.

moto

https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/captainmoto/on-the-brink

#626568 - 11/30/20 09:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Love [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Joanne, nice modern take on a pandemic holiday song. I liked the unexpected chord A and then the minor. Well done. Good lyrics,vocals, arrangement and production. Happy Holidays to to you and yours. Stay safe, Tom

#626614 - 11/30/20 12:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Love [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
I enjoyed this one! You have a clear voice which carries and communicates. The song is beautiful, with a sparkle of innocence (at least to my ears). The message fits the time we are now facing, of course - and is, in its own way, inspirational. A great listen!

My music on Amazing Radio USA

#626697 - 11/30/20 06:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Love [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Missed hearing your beautiful, beautiful voice. Nice message in a seasonal song. Enjoyed.

#626866 - 12/01/20 04:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Love [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
Lovely vocal! Upbeat and uplifting song. Enjoyed it much.

#627359 - 12/03/20 04:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Christmas Love [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Pretty song Joanne!! First Xmas song I've seen on the forum this year. Really pretty melody and you sang it wonderfully......harmonies are tight and sweet! Take care. Greg

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 für Windows® ist hier!
Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 202 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI-SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums Transkriptionen, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 und vieles mehr!

Was ist neu? | Paket

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - New Intro Options!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2021 there are additional options for generating an intro!

Within Band-in-a-Box, choose Song Form | Generate Intro to see all the different options available:
-All Instruments
-Drums only
-Bass and Drums
-NEW! Bass only
-NEW! Bass then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Drums then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Piano Only
-NEW! Guitar Only
-NEW! Strings Only
-NEW! Custom - you pick!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Update Available!

We've updated our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to enhance Big Sur and M1 capabilities, improve the notation window, resolve AIFF rendering errors, as well as addressing a few other user-reported issues.

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac? Update for free today.

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2021!

Already purchased PowerTracks Pro Audio 2021? Make sure you update it for free today!

Our development team has been listening to user feedback, and applied some updates to address user-reported program concerns.

Learn more...

Band-in-a-Box® Guitar Features!

Today* is Get Out Your Guitar Day!

Band-in-a-Box® has many features for guitarists, whether you're learning or on your way to being a pro, or you are a pro!

Are you using an UltraPAK+ or own the Songs & Lessons PAK? Lessons from our Master Solos Series can be accessed right in the Practice Window! (Alt Shift L)

Use the resizable Guitar Window to follow-along with the on-screen fretboard, which is customizable to displays alternate guitar tunings, notes are highlighted as the song plays, and includes many more useful features for to help you learn!

The Woodshedding feature is perfect to help you progress while learning a song along with Band-in-a-Box®! This feature speeds up the song every time the song loops to the beginning, and you can also choose to loop a highlighted section within the song to really focus on the you could use a little more practice with.

Most of our guitar RealTracks include RealCharts so that you can see the notation and tab, allowing you to see exactly what the pros are playing!

A Band-in-a-Box® 2021 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition includes over 1,400 guitar RealTracks contributed by more than 50 different REAL musicians!

There are so many things a guitarist can do with Band-in-a-Box® - what's your favorite guitar feature? Do you have a "go-to" RealTracks Guitarist Artist you use for most of your songs?

*February 11, 2021

Big Sur & M1 Compatibility Added to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac today!

Here at PG Music, development never stops! If you're using the 2020 version of Band-in-a-Box® for Mac with your Big Sur or a Mac M1 computer, download the latest update which adds support for macOS Big Sur, and is compatible with Apple Silicon (M1) Macs!

This update will also resolve any color display issues within the program, resize the windows without unexpectedly closing the program, add notation enhancements, and resolve a few other user-reported issues!

Download & learn more about the updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows for Free!

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows? Download the latest free update today!

With this latest update, notation display in Japanese has been enhanced, improvements have been applied to Bar and Song Settings, the MIDI volume change events will now be included in exported MIDI files, you can now import the lyrics with your MIDI files, export Utility Tracks notation as video, and we've resolved additional user-reported issues.

Make sure you download your latest Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows update today!

Tip: Head to Help | Check for Update... to put a checkmark beside "Automatically check for updates every..." and choose your day count to always stay up-to-date with your installation of Band-in-a-Box®!

Forum Stats
33966 Members
67 Forums
68351 Topics
585955 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
planedriver, MisterAcoustic, tumi2000, PF61, Bernat

33965 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 230
dcuny 186
Matt Finley 161
Al-David 139
MusicStudent 139
Jim Fogle 130
VideoTrack 128
Janice & Bud 126
CaptainMoto 93
floyd jane 86
Today's Birthdays
Adriano, Basari Studios, Edward Marcel, medioalmud, Reno Rendezvous, Richard Persike