Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#630382 - 12/15/20 07:06 AM [User Showcase] Have A Christmas Party (the safe way) Rockabilly with Peter on guitar
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Have A Christmas Party

This two and a half minute excursion into rockabilly takes “the current situation” into account lyrically. We are appreciative of your time to listen and comments are most welcome. Have a great holiday and be safe!

No reverb was added to the tracks including the vocal but vintage plate reverb and slap back delay are on the master bus to help with the 50’s rockabilly vibe. Although Bud played bass lack of finger calluses prevented a good slap sound (the "chicka") so Janice provided that on the cajon. Janice and Bud aka Chicka and Boom.

This is a complete remake (all new tracks) of a tune we posted several years ago. Lyrics on SC.

Janice: Vocal/cajon/arrangement/melody
Bud: Upright bass/arrangement/lyrics/tech stuff
Peter: Solo guitar

Vocal: Rodes NT1 > Scarlett 212 > Nectar 3
Bass: Dusty Old Kay > Rodes NT1 > Scarlett > Waves Bass Rider > Neutron 2
RealDrums: BoomchickaEv16 > Waves CLA Drums
Snare: Doubled from above > Neutron 3
Cajon: Neutron 3
Piano: MIDI SuperTrack 2470 Acoustic, Rhythm RockabillyBoomChickaKevin Ev 100 > Logic Pro X Grand Steinway
Rhythm Guitar: RT 2423 Electric, Rhythm RockabillyBoomChickaBrent Ev 100

Mixed and mastered in Logic Pro X >
Logic EQ > Logic Space Designer > Waves J37 > Ozone Maximizer > Ozone Tonal Balance > Logic Loudness meter

#630390 - 12/15/20 07:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have A Christmas Party (the safe way) Rockabilly with Peter on guitar [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Scottish Highlands
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Had the feet tapping from bad one. Great song guys. Great vocals as always Janice, and superb guitar work Peter

#630401 - 12/15/20 08:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have A Christmas Party (the safe way) Rockabilly with Peter on guitar [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Should be illegal for three people to have so much talent... but I'm delighted it's not! If there was a little crowd noise I'd swear I was in one of the St. Louis local venues around 1956.

Besides being terrific musicians/vocalists, you folks are serious entertainers. Love the song and Janice's voice is o perfect for it. Peter knows his way around those strings and 20 some-odd frets. And who turns knobs better than Bud?

You guys put a big smile on my face ... thanks. Wishing all of you a fabulous Christmas and a fantastic 2021. Take care and be safe.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#630406 - 12/15/20 08:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have A Christmas Party (the safe way) Rockabilly with Peter on guitar [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
YES!!! Superb.

I knew Janice's lyrical side up to now, but here she is in virtuoso mode ... fabulous. Superb singing.

The rest - well, you're all pros, gentlemen, and boy it shows once more. Guitar playing, RealTrack selection, production ... the usual high standard we've come to expect from you and from which you never deviate.

Dare I say that I think this is one of your best? :-)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you!!!

My music on Amazing Radio USA

#630433 - 12/15/20 10:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have A Christmas Party (the safe way) Rockabilly with Peter on guitar [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
No better way to get into the spirit of the season than by jumping on the BIAB User Showcase and listening to all the choice tunes. This one had me moving around pretty good with its rockabilly rhythm. Terrific job, folks. Yep, many are celebrating only in ones or twos this year. I have a huge family that loves to get together but I won't be seeing any of them this year. So it's nice to have the Showcase family for some festive music. Thanks again, folks!

#630436 - 12/15/20 10:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have A Christmas Party (the safe way) Rockabilly with Peter on guitar [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
What a fun song! Of course, everything was what it needed to be. The guitar solo was way cool smile And Janice's little vocal ad libs so added to the realism. Bass player was solid. It just bounced right a long in a jolly way.
Good spirit!

I did NOT see that ending coming. What a great way to end a song. Leave it to you to come up with that. I really like it.

Mixing and production had exactly what I was hoping for. This club is becoming a favorite stop for me! smile

So in closing, if you could pull the synths back a bit, and maybe take off the auto-tune entirely, you may have something here! wink This is just one of those great REAL sounding songs. Love it.

Thanks for the fun and merriment! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all as well. smile
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#630443 - 12/15/20 11:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have A Christmas Party (the safe way) Rockabilly with Peter on guitar [Re: furry]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: furry
Had the feet tapping from bad one. Great song guys. Great vocals as always Janice, and superb guitar work Peter

Feet tapping is good ... thanks!

J&B

#630463 - 12/15/20 12:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Have A Christmas Party (the safe way) Rockabilly with Peter on guitar [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Belgium
Derochette Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Belgium
Hello Janice,Bud and Peter,

It is a very pleasant composition to celebrate a Merry Christmas. In Europe, this year, it will be discreet because we are limited in the number of participants for this family's party. But thank you very much for this melody that warms our hearts.

Kindly regards

Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

#630490 - 12/15/20 01:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Have A Christmas Party (the safe way) Rockabilly with Peter on guitar [Re: Al-David]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Should be illegal for three people to have so much talent... but I'm delighted it's not! If there was a little crowd noise I'd swear I was in one of the St. Louis local venues around 1956.

Besides being terrific musicians/vocalists, you folks are serious entertainers. Love the song and Janice's voice is o perfect for it. Peter knows his way around those strings and 20 some-odd frets. And who turns knobs better than Bud?

You guys put a big smile on my face ... thanks. Wishing all of you a fabulous Christmas and a fantastic 2021. Take care and be safe.

Alan

Thanks Al. Smiles are always a good thing. Best to y’all.

J&B

#630549 - 12/15/20 04:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Have A Christmas Party (the safe way) Rockabilly with Peter on guitar [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Oh yeah, I do love a little rockabilly and Janice, you sing it so well. The usual great production and playing from Bud (or should I say Boom) and a lovely little flourish from Peter to sign it off. Very best wishes to you all at the close of this extraordinary year.
Regards,
Leon

#630568 - 12/15/20 06:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Have A Christmas Party (the safe way) Rockabilly with Peter on guitar [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Sunny Florida :)
Angelomusic Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Sunny Florida :)
In this period of heavy energy on the planet this song is such a bowl of fresh air! Fun, light, uplifting, great vocals and arrangement. I loved the ending on the guitar! Great job!

#630611 - 12/16/20 05:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have A Christmas Party (the safe way) Rockabilly with Peter on guitar [Re: musician17]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: musician17
YES!!! Superb.

I knew Janice's lyrical side up to now, but here she is in virtuoso mode ... fabulous. Superb singing.

The rest - well, you're all pros, gentlemen, and boy it shows once more. Guitar playing, RealTrack selection, production ... the usual high standard we've come to expect from you and from which you never deviate.

Dare I say that I think this is one of your best? :-)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you!!!

Thanks! Glad you liked the vocals ... that style isn’t heard much nowadays. Perhaps the Stray Cats were the last.

J&B

#630645 - 12/16/20 08:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have A Christmas Party (the safe way) Rockabilly with Peter on guitar [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Perfection.

No surprise there. Always.

Great everything. Guitar. Bass. Vocal. Mix.

Awesome.

Merry (distanced) Christmas to you all!!

Ho. Ho. Ho.

fj

#630782 - 12/16/20 06:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Have A Christmas Party (the safe way) Rockabilly with Peter on guitar [Re: Janice & Bud]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
No better way to get into the spirit of the season than by jumping on the BIAB User Showcase and listening to all the choice tunes. This one had me moving around pretty good with its rockabilly rhythm. Terrific job, folks. Yep, many are celebrating only in ones or twos this year. I have a huge family that loves to get together but I won't be seeing any of them this year. So it's nice to have the Showcase family for some festive music. Thanks again, folks!

Thanks for the kind remarks. Same with us this Christmas. Janice has a large family but we will be at home.

Take care,

J&B

#630787 - 12/16/20 06:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Have A Christmas Party (the safe way) Rockabilly with Peter on guitar [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
This song gave me a wonderful early Buddy Holly vibe – partly because Buddy & Bob did a lot of this sort of thing and Janice has included some VERY cool hiccough/percussive vocal parts.
I think you did the bass really well.
I enjoyed the entire package.
WELL DONE – it’s a cracker of a song.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#630788 - 12/16/20 06:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Have A Christmas Party (the safe way) Rockabilly with Peter on guitar [Re: Janice & Bud]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Cool song. You got it going on. Nice job to everyone

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#630809 - 12/17/20 01:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have A Christmas Party (the safe way) Rockabilly with Peter on guitar [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I read your description about just putting the reverb and slap on the master before I listened, man, what a great sound! You have some serious chops behind the board, Bud!

Nice to hear you on the bass again too.

Love the little opening guitar part from Peter, cool solo too.

And Janice was obviously having fun with this one smile Fabulous!

Great stuff you three, very much enjoyed.

#630867 - 12/17/20 10:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Have A Christmas Party (the safe way) Rockabilly with Peter on guitar [Re: HearToLearn]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
What a fun song! Of course, everything was what it needed to be. The guitar solo was way cool smile And Janice's little vocal ad libs so added to the realism. Bass player was solid. It just bounced right a long in a jolly way.
Good spirit!

I did NOT see that ending coming. What a great way to end a song. Leave it to you to come up with that. I really like it.

Mixing and production had exactly what I was hoping for. This club is becoming a favorite stop for me! smile

So in closing, if you could pull the synths back a bit, and maybe take off the auto-tune entirely, you may have something here! wink This is just one of those great REAL sounding songs. Love it.

Thanks for the fun and merriment! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all as well. smile

Thanks a LOT. Reviews like this offer so much encouragement -- especially when we are venturing out. It was nice of you to note her vocal dancing and my bass. Yeah we'll remix it w/o the synths but I tried auto-tune on Janice and it crashed after she did her first "singing around the note." smile

J&B

#630968 - 12/17/20 05:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Have A Christmas Party (the safe way) Rockabilly with Peter on guitar [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
ALWAYS a joy to listen to a tune by you guys, and ALWAYS a treat to hear Janice sing and Peter play some licks!! Fun little tune here!! Merry Xmas! Take care. Greg

#631006 - 12/17/20 07:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Have A Christmas Party (the safe way) Rockabilly with Peter on guitar [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool live feel to this tune. I got a Buddy Holly vibe as well. Super vocal and backtrack. Peters guitar was excellent. Box had the treble pinned on the amp and guitar. Perfect for the song. Super production Bud.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Today!

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2021? Make sure you update for free today!

Windows users will see speedier rendering, MIDI improvements, RealTracks Picker improvements, and more when they install the latest FREE patch update.

The latest Mac update resolves some user-reported issues with MIDI features and hot keys. Click here to learn about all the enhancements with this FREE update and download it today.

Both of these free updates for your 2021 version include the latest DAW Plugin 3.7.23 too!

Happy B.C. Day!

Monday, August 2 is B.C. Day here in Victoria, but a few of us will still be here!

Our adjusted hours for that day are: 8:00AM - 4:00PM PDT.

Regular hours resume Tuesday:
Monday - Friday: 6:00AM to 6:00PM
Saturday: 8:00AM to 4:00PM
Sunday: Closed.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac: New Features and 202 RealTracks Videos
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 - RealCharts for all RealDrums!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2021, we added over 300 additional RealCharts (with accurate Drum Notation and MIDI to trigger drum sounds) for RealDrums.

That's right... this means that now ALL the RealDrums have RealCharts!

With RealCharts, you can use the notation for MIDI drum parts too - great for copying to a Utility Track!
(Watch this video for a full demonstration of Utility Tracks.)

Learn more about RealCharts for RealDrums with drum notation.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Feature: Utility Tracks

Have you ever wanted to use more than 5 tracks when creating your Band-in-a-Box® song? Great news.... with the new Utility Tracks added in Band-in-a-Box® 2021, there are 16 more tracks!

These can be used for audio and/or MIDI! Generate RealTracks to the Utility Tracks where you can listen to AND edit them and view the RealCharts as MIDI. You can also record to these tracks (MIDI or audio), and import your audio for further editing or to harmonize it.

We explain all the great ways to use the Utility Tracks in this video.

Read more about this feature: Windows | Mac.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac Review – Users' Dreams Come True

Read all about what "Dr. Dave" Walker thinks of his latest copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac with his review, Band-in-a-Box for Mac 2021 – Users' Dreams Come True.

"2021 is a big leap forward to the best Band-in-a-Box for Mac yet! If you have been putting off upgrading, or even if not, NOW is the time to upgrade! And if you haven't got it yet, you owe it to yourself to get Band-in-a-Box 2021.

Maybe the most important point from all the talk about this version is that PG Music is listening to you, their customers. So if you have a feature that you really want in the program, write to them or chat from their web site. Let them know and yours just might be the next feature added."
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thanks again Dr. Dave for your enthusiastic feedback, we're thrilled that you love what we've done with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 German for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 für Mac ist hier!

Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 202 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI-SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums Transkriptionen, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 umd 11, und vieles mehr!

Was ist neu? | Paket

Forum Stats
34686 Members
66 Forums
70241 Topics
606239 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Herlander, valerij, JonasDouglas, studio99, SteffenG

34685 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 148