Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#631556 - 12/20/20 05:01 PM [User Showcase] NEW SONG POST: Christmas Eve Alone (one more Xmas song!)
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Hello, formulates. Wrote another song this Xmas that I wanted to share. Like the last, it is from the era before me. Will post the tracks soon. Wanted to wish everyone tidings of peace, love, comfort and joy! Merry Xmas all!! Take care. Greg

https://soundcloud.com/gjohnson-2/christmasevealone

Christmas Eve Alone

It’s almost too much to believe
That I’d drop by on Christmas Eve
And find you here, I was so sure you wouldn’t be at home
Probably nothing for me in Santa’s sleigh
But this must be my lucky day
No on should spend Christmas Eve alone

I should have called ahead, but hey
I didn’t know just what to say
I thought I’d leave a note or something to wish you Christmas cheer
I know it’s been so many years
I wasn’t sure you still lived here
No one should spend Christmas Eve alone

I know no one lives without regret
But you’re the one I can’t forget
Ain’t met another like you yet
And I probably never will
Yet, here we are, this could be fate
My heart says it’s not too late
I truly feel that love might fit the bill

So let’s talk a while, we’ll take it slow
Just in case, I brought some mistletoe
I can pull it from my pocket if you’re feeling so inclined
You know I’m not the optimistic kind
But I’ve got romance on my mind

#631558 - 12/20/20 05:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas Eve Alone (one more Xmas song!) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Greg ...

Not sure what to say anymore ... I've already bankrupted the English language of its most wonderful adjectives from having commented on all your previous pieces of musical magic. As I said on Soundcloud, I now have to bring myself back from 1952 to the present. But as I listened, I really didn't want to.

A classic singer and songwriter creating more classic joy for the rest of us. I think you have no equal on these boards.

Wishing you & yours the very best. Have a terrific Christmas and fabulous New year. Warmest thought from both of us ...

Alan & Di

Edited by Al-David (12/20/20 05:31 PM)

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#631586 - 12/20/20 07:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas Eve Alone (one more Xmas song!) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Hi Greg,

Fabulous track... it almost made me cry because I lost the one this year that I wanted to share the Christmas with...

Your voice is so great... your musical talent is amazing... I'm happy that you share it with us, so we can enjoy your wonderful songs!

Will

#631590 - 12/21/20 12:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas Eve Alone (one more Xmas song!) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Thanks for another Christmas present! smile

Loved it - you continue to knock them out of the park.

As usual, you continue to be the commanding presence in the gjohnson category. wink

(Listening to your songs convinced me to finally track you down and find your interview on KDRT from last year).

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#631604 - 12/21/20 04:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas Eve Alone (one more Xmas song!) [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada

Alan pretty much summed it up perfectly I think!

Just wonderful in every way!

Wishing you and yours the very best for the holiday season, Greg smile

#631616 - 12/21/20 05:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas Eve Alone (one more Xmas song!) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
Hey, who you callin' a formulate? Ah, I don't care what you call me, Greg. I saw it was a song by you and pushed Like while the ad was playing. Hope Soundcloud doesn't take that the wrong way. This is one of my favorite Christmas songs already. It pushed so many others down the list. Your voice drips like a dry martini, and, man, great choice of the soprano solo. Love it! Merry Christmas to you and yours, Greg.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper & Cakewalk

#631656 - 12/21/20 09:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas Eve Alone (one more Xmas song!) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Greg,

Few people can write a truly good, original Christmas song. You just pump them like it's nothing.

AMAZING.

A great write. A great vocal. Simply gorgeous.

You should record an entire album of original Greg Johnson Christmas and push it hard every year until it becomes the classic that it deserves to be. Sitting right beside that Mathis fellow...

Merry Christmas, buddy!!

fj

#631837 - 12/22/20 07:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas Eve Alone (one more Xmas song!) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Greg,

I listened to this one just after listening to Christmas Lights. I can’t say anything else that wouldn’t be redundant, so I’m just going to say, “Ditto”. Excellent tune from first to last note!

Have a Merry Christmas,

Deej

#631901 - 12/22/20 01:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas Eve Alone (one more Xmas song!) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Doubling down on Christmas songs, eh?

The forum is better for it!

Great bass and sax to back up a fine, fine vocal.

Classic sound all the way around and wrapped
up in a excellent mix package!

J&B

#631916 - 12/22/20 03:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas Eve Alone (one more Xmas song!) [Re: Greg Johnson]
beatmaster Offline
Expert

Nice ! ,,a bit of work here and there and I can almost hear buble doing his stuff with this,

The start made me feel I was jumping in to the song and not hearing the intro , apart from that the lyrics are flowing and a very commercial feel.

Great write and your vocals do a great job on delivering the song so well .

Thanks

Edited by beatmaster (12/22/20 03:43 PM)

#631924 - 12/22/20 04:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas Eve Alone (one more Xmas song!) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Windsor, Ontario
Marty Ricciotti Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Windsor, Ontario
Very smooth and nice Greg. Great work

#631925 - 12/22/20 04:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas Eve Alone (one more Xmas song!) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
Wonderfully done. I don't know what else to say. A fine performance. A fine write.

#631973 - 12/22/20 09:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas Eve Alone (one more Xmas song!) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Great Xmas jazz ballad, you're working double time to get this kind of output. Terrific voice, have I said that before, LOL? The little mistletoe story stood out for me. Happy holidays to you and thanks for the great tracks throughout the year.

#632099 - 12/23/20 12:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas Eve Alone (one more Xmas song!) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Beautiful Greg. Perfect timing.

Merry Christmas

#632107 - 12/23/20 01:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas Eve Alone (one more Xmas song!) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Absolutely Wonderful Greg, ol´friend !

This a masterpiece and I
would not be surprised if
it turned up on records and
performances by other
world renown top artists !:))

WOW !

....and have yourself
a most Merry Christmas
and a Happy New Coronafree Year 2021 !

Cheers
Dani

#632236 - 12/24/20 08:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas Eve Alone (one more Xmas song!) [Re: Greg Johnson]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

This is another great example of your mastery of the genre. It sounds like an all time classic. You are so good at this. Perfectly executed in all ways, Tom

#632300 - 12/24/20 01:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas Eve Alone (one more Xmas song!) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Macedonia
Gemini Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Macedonia
Merry Christmas man!!! I Love your song and vocals <3

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Hello, formulates. Wrote another song this Xmas that I wanted to share. Like the last, it is from the era before me. Will post the tracks soon. Wanted to wish everyone tidings of peace, love, comfort and joy! Merry Xmas all!! Take care. Greg

https://soundcloud.com/gjohnson-2/christmasevealone

Christmas Eve Alone

It’s almost too much to believe
That I’d drop by on Christmas Eve
And find you here, I was so sure you wouldn’t be at home
Probably nothing for me in Santa’s sleigh
But this must be my lucky day
No on should spend Christmas Eve alone

I should have called ahead, but hey
I didn’t know just what to say
I thought I’d leave a note or something to wish you Christmas cheer
I know it’s been so many years
I wasn’t sure you still lived here

I know no one lives without regret
But you’re the one I can’t forget
Ain’t met another like you yet
And I probably never will
Yet, here we are, this could be fate
My heart says it’s not too late
I truly feel that love might fit the bill

So let’s talk a while, we’ll take it slow
Just in case, I brought some mistletoe
I can pull it from my pocket if you’re feeling so inclined
You know I’m not the optimistic kind
But I’ve got romance on my mind

#632517 - 12/26/20 06:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas Eve Alone (one more Xmas song!) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Belgium
Derochette Offline
Expert

Loc: Belgium
Hi Greg,
Cozy atmosphere in this holiday atmosphere of the end of the year. The mix is ​​well done and the volume of the voice is perfectly integrated. Pleasant. Well done.

Happy New Year and take care of yourself.

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

#632655 - 12/26/20 07:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas Eve Alone (one more Xmas song!) [Re: Greg Johnson]
jptjptjpt Offline
Expert

Nice recording. Yes, it's like from a different era (one in which most of the great secular Christmas carols were written). Sweet sounds coming from the band too.

Merry Christmas.

https://youtu.be/JwblUfdbsEk

My music can be heard at: http://thecracks.bandcamp.com/

#632691 - 12/27/20 02:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: NEW SONG POST: Christmas Eve Alone (one more Xmas song!) [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Scottish Highlands
furry Offline
Veteran

Loc: Scottish Highlands
Love this song Greg, sheer perfection all round. As others have said it like a lovely old school Christmas song .. Thank you for posting and stay safe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® - Boxing Clever - Sound on Sound #TBT

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® is more than 30 years old? I stumbled across this 1990 magazine article explaining the relatively new program, and think it's an enjoyable read for any Band-in-a-Box user - it really shows that we are always listening to user feedback when developing our program!

Read the article: Boxing Clever: Band-In-A-Box Software

A few of my favorite statements:

"The intention of PG Music's Band-In-A-Box package is to couple that speed and convenience with the improved flexibility of the personal computer. Versions are available for the Atari ST, Mac, and PC compatibles. Have the programmers succeeded? And can they rid themselves of the stigma of the auto-accompaniment section? Given the above state of affairs, the first hurdle that the program has to overcome is one of acceptance and, frankly, a name like 'Band-In-A-Box' is a bad start."

(I think our name was a great start!)

"The final results are, to say the least, impressive. Band-In-A-Box achieves something that most hardwired auto-accompaniment sections have never been able to do - inject a degree of feel into the music. It really does sound more human than so many of the computer generated pieces I've heard."

"...I'm quite convinced that PG Music will have a winner on their hands. This is one piece of software that you can get more out of than you put in."

#TipTuesday Convert RealDrums to MIDI!

Did you know that you can convert RealDrums to MIDI?

VintageGibson shared this tip to our Tips & Tricks forum, which is a great place to look for program tips from other Band-in-a-Box users!

Read this handy trick.

Have a program tip or trick of your own? Share it on our Tips & Tricks forum today!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Italian for Mac is Here!

Abbiamo lavorato tanto e abbiamo aggiunto 80 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi Strumentali, Performance degli Artisti, Bonus RealDrums "Singoli", trascrizioni RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAKs 10 e 11, e altro ancora!

Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Export / Print a List of Selected Styles (Band-in-a-Box®)

Did you know that you can export a list of your Styles from Band-in-a-Box®?

Head to this forum post in our "Tips & Tricks" forum, where VideoTrack shares another handy tip for Band-in-a-Box® users!

Band-in-a-Box® Chord List Resource

Ever wonder which chords are supported in Band-in-a-Box®? Access the information from the Help file in the program, or read through the list with our Online Manual!

Chord List - Mac Online Manual
Chord List - Windows Online Manual

Review the other Reference topcs while you're there - with explanations of the different menus and the Keystroke Commands (Hot Keys), you'll definitely learn something new!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 contient quelques 80 fonctionnalités inédites!

Nous avons beaucoup travaillé pour offrir à Band-in-a-Box® 2021® cette étonnante panoplie de quelques 80 fonctions inédites et sa collection de contenus originaux à savoir : 202 RealTracks, des RealStyles inédits, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes Instrument, des Performances Artiste, un Bonus RealDrums "Solo", des transcriptions RealDrums, les MultiStyles PAK 1, les Xtra Styles PAKs 10 et 11, et bien plus encore!

Achat | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

VIDEO: Band-in-a-Box® Works Great in Windows®11!

Here's an introductory look at Band-in-a-Box® running on the preview version of Windows® 11!

Watch the video.

Forum Stats
34879 Members
66 Forums
70859 Topics
613504 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
CRAZY6SYRINGS, Best grade, John Norgaard, it1776, Zoviet

34879 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 178