Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#639973 - 02/03/21 02:07 PM [User Showcase] One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice)
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

A love story...

Bouzouki, Rhythm SlowWaltz Ev 100
Bass, Electric, PopWaltz Ev 180
Fiddle, Background PopWaltz Ev 180
Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming PopWaltz Ev 180
Royalty Free Loops
Recorded in Logic Pro X
Plug Ins : Nectar 2, Neutron 2, Ozone 8, Tonal Balance, Waves LinMB, Waves, L3-LL Multi Limiter,
Logic Pro Metering, Scuffam Amps S-Gear, Waves Vocal Rider, Waves Bass Rider, Waves NX Ocean Way Nashville

Vocal, Janice Merritt
Harmony Vocal, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Slide Guitar, Lyrics, Mix & Mastering, Tom Adams
Arrangement, Tom & Janice
Lead vocal recording & Spiritual Advice, Bud Merritt

https://soundcloud.com/tommyad/one-minute-more

https://tommyadamsmusic.com/track/2621293/one-minute-more-co-written-w-janice-merritt

One Minute More

He asked for her hand would she like to dance
And led her out on the floor
She hid her eyes being ever so shy
Feeling like never before

Not ever late when out on a date
They followed the rules to a T
Turned out so well it was easy to tell
Forever was meant to be

She said
All I want is one minute more
Please so I can tell him
If given the chance I gladly would dance
I’d do it all over again

years went by fast they looked at their past
And swore it was just yesterday
An innocent glance at a high school dance
Eventually ended this way

They knew in their hearts that there was a part
Where you can no longer pretend
You have to be glad and try not to be sad
When it all winds down at the end
When it all winds down at the end

She said
Please so I can tell him
I’d do it all over again

She said
Please so I can tell him
I’d do it all over again
I’d do it all over again

©2021 Thomas Adams / Janice Merritt

#639976 - 02/03/21 02:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Offline
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
Loved it. You people just keep creating great songs, one after the other. This, I thought, was especially beautiful and Janice's voice just sparkles - to my ears, at least, it's clearer and more communicative than I ever remember hearing it. Great job, everyone.

#640004 - 02/03/21 03:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
WOW! This is radio ready, but all of your songs are. I have run out of adjectives describing how great and professional sounding your songs are. You all are pros!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#640025 - 02/03/21 04:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Very well done. Excellent produced... and the vocal from Janice is just stunning good!

Thanks for sharing!
Will

#640033 - 02/03/21 04:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: MarioD]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Originally Posted By: MarioD
WOW! This is radio ready, but all of your songs are. I have run out of adjectives describing how great and professional sounding your songs are. You all are pros!

Yep ... everything Mario said. He said it about as good as it could be said. I can't add anything more. Just that I think it's superb music and makes me realize I have a long way to go to be even half this good. Best to all of you..

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#640070 - 02/03/21 08:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Beautiful. While excellent in every respect, I found the chorus particularly lovely. With the talent involved I knew this was going to be good even before I hit play and you all delivered exactly as expected.
Regards,
Leon

#640074 - 02/03/21 09:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Janice sounds great, Tommy excellent on the backup vocals.

Love the inner rhyme Given the chance/I gladly would dance.

The instrumentation slowly builds to the first chorus - I didn't even notice the drums were absent until the second listen. Loved the playing on the guitars. The extended fiddle solo worked really well.

Good write - classic country trick of the verse changing the meaning of the chorus the second time around.

My biggest complaint about Waves NX Ocean Way Nashville is that it can't be used for causal listening, so I'm using I'm using the dSONIQ Realphones. I can this close to getting the NX Abbey Roads plugin, because I really miss using my VRM Box. But for $35... tempting.

Anyway, stellar work all around. laugh

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#640117 - 02/04/21 03:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Vocal, Janice Merritt
Harmony Vocal, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Slide Guitar, Lyrics, Mix & Mastering, Tom Adams
Arrangement, Tom & Janice
Lead vocal recording & Spiritual Advice, Bud Merritt

PG Music's version of an 'All-Star' Band!

Always a commercial quality, radio-ready production - providing better quality than today's cookie cutter repetitive song craft. Refreshing and always solid entertainment. Looking forward to what's next from you guys. Whatever it may be, surely it's worth the wait.

#640121 - 02/04/21 04:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Just about as good as it gets I think wink

Excellent write, excellent vocals (of course!), pro mix.

Collaborations are the best, I always enjoy hearing them.

Really enjoyed this one, well done!

#640154 - 02/04/21 07:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Wow! Where to start? That was awesome!

First of all, Janice takes every song out of the park.. they're all home runs as soon as she gets involved!
LOVE the cello in this project... from the first few notes of the song it sucked me into the mood, like a whirlpool for the senses.

I thoroughly enjoyed the instrumental passages between verses. Especially the little bit before the last verse. Very nice use of the musical real estate.

The thought occurs to me as I listen to the lyrics that each generation has its own version of viewing and romanticizing relationships. This song, I would say, portrays my generation's point of view. Romantic songs written by young 'uns are different in a way I haven't yet analyzed well enough to articulate.

Tommy, you have the magic. Every musical idea you touch is brought to perfect fruition. I never hear anything by you that even suggests maybe it could be a little bit better if only you would change this or that. You know how to resolve an idea musically, and that is a wonder to experience.

Hats off to both of you. I'm expecting you'll both be famous any day now.

#640159 - 02/04/21 07:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: SA, Australia
Ghostgum Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: SA, Australia
This is one of those deceptively simple songs that leaves you wondering why nobody ever wrote it before. Everything about the production is balanced and exactly where it should be. Great job.

#640173 - 02/04/21 08:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Such a beautiful vocal and backtrack. It reminded me of an Alison Kraus. Incredible lyrics and production. Well done

#640174 - 02/04/21 08:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: MarioD]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: musician17
Loved it. You people just keep creating great songs, one after the other. This, I thought, was especially beautiful and Janice's voice just sparkles - to my ears, at least, it's clearer and more communicative than I ever remember hearing it. Great job, everyone.

Thanks guys. Tom did a wonderful job putting all this together!

Janice

#640181 - 02/04/21 09:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Tom & Janice (and the ever lurking Bud)...

A sweet love song. It has a "familiar" ring to it, an immediate classic kind of sound, like you've heard this all your life. Nicely written. It has heart. Nice sing-able, slow-dance-able melody.

Beautiful production. The acoustic lead was "just right". Nice "little touches" throughout. The pumping bass was a good interlude. Excellent mix (no surprise there).

Superb vocal (of course). Nice harmony, too.

A wonderful listen.

fj

#640200 - 02/04/21 11:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: MarioD]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: musician17
Thanks for listening and commenting. Janice did a great job on the vocal and melody, Tom
Thanks Mario. We appreciate the kind words,Tom

#640217 - 02/04/21 12:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
Excellent intro...then the space opens for THAT voice.
One of the best bass tracks I've heard from BIAB - I suspect some serious editing created that fit.
Wonderful song - well done all.

#640232 - 02/04/21 01:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Tom and Janice,

What a very nice song this is! A nice solid guitar playing and a very strong voice.
Janice, I think you sounded very bright in this song. Very nice.
In a way the melody reminded me of the Pogues. Not your voice, Janice, you are far in the lead on that!
I enjoyed it a lot,

Hans

Edited by Birchwood (02/09/21 04:37 AM)

#640280 - 02/04/21 05:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: Will Josef]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Very well done. Excellent produced... and the vocal from Janice is just stunning good!

Thanks for sharing!
Will

Thank you Will! Tom certainly handed me a fine lyric.

Janice

#640289 - 02/04/21 07:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: tommyad]
jptjptjpt Offline
Expert

Very well crafted song. Lovely arrangement. I love the melody expressed through the vocals. Outstanding mix. So clear. Good job to everyone. I like that band too.

#640328 - 02/05/21 03:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) [Re: Al-David]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Will Josef

Thanks for sharing!
Will
Thanks for the very nice review,Tom
Originally Posted By: Al-David

Yep ... everything Mario said. He said it about as good as it could be said. I can't add anything more. Just that I think it's superb music and makes me realize I have a long way to go to be even half this good. Best to all of you..

Alan
Alan, thank you for being so supportive and for your thoughtful comments,Tom

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows® Boot Camp: Working with the Newest Features

Take a look at our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows® Boot Camp: Working with the Newest Features

In this video, we demonstrate how to use some of the newest features added with Band-in-a-Box® 2023, including Partial Re-Generation, Undo Track/Song Regeneration, Playable RealTracks, Master Track Automation, and more!

Watch: Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows® Boot Camp: Working with the Newest Features

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 DAW Plugin Version 5.0 is Here!

There are over 40 enhancements to the Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows DAW Plugin Version 5.0, including Drum Stems (separate tracks from the different microphones used during the actual recording sessions), 4 color schemes to choose from, enhanced chord settings, improved undo/redo operation, "Rebuild StylePicker" notification whenever rebuild is required, EZ RealTracks/RealDrums Folder Locations dialog and much more!

The DAW Plugin Version 5.0 is included with all Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows orders - and our 2023 upgrades are ON SALE until December 31st! Until then, save up to 50% - upgrade for as little as $49!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Videos - One-Stop Shopping!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows, we're creating videos summarizing the new features, explaining new features in detail, and showcasing the new Add-ons!

Whether it's a summary of the new features, demonstrations of the 222 new RealTracks, information on the 2023 49-PAK, demonstrations of our new XPro Styles PAK 4 and Xtra Styles PAKs 14 & 15, or detailed tutorials for other Band-in-a-Box® 2023 features, we have you covered!

Reference this forum post for One-Stop Shopping of our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Videos - we will be updating this post as more videos are added!

RealBand 2023 is Here!

Just released - RealBand 2023!

There are over 30 new features to RealBand 2023, including RealChart generation for RealDrums, MIDI Vocoder and Fix Tuning modes for Audio Harmonies, MicroChords (up to 4 chords per beat), RealDrum Stems support, Playable RealTracks to customize the RealTracks performances by adding your own notes, Reverse Audio Effects, easy Tab key navigation on the Chords Window, smoother mouse wheel operation on the Tracks Window, the EZ RealTracks/RealDrums folder locations dialog, and much more!

RealBand 2023 is included with all Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows orders - and our 2023 upgrades are ON SALE until December 31st! Until then, save up to 50% - upgrade for as little as $49!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows is here - and it's on SALE!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows is here, and it includes over 70 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows.

Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!

You don't need to go out and buy a Jukebox - if you're using Band-in-a-Box®, you already have one!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® SGU files within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening pleasure!

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box®, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual, here. Mac too!

Forum Stats
36783 Members
64 Forums
76242 Topics
674087 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
acush, robg, Linus, DWTrue, gypsyJoe2

36783 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 235
MusicStudent 192