Shadow Dancer

The Band:

Chris Spruit: Piano, Vocals, BGV
Marty Straub: Bass, BGV
Dave Bell: Acoustic and Electric Guitars, BGV

2558:Cello, Background SlowSwing Sw 065

EZDrummer2

Mixed in Reaper, mastered with Ozone9

We will do a video for this song as we do for all of our songs, but probably not in time to update the song description here. The last few videos have all had performance elements which makes them more fun IMHO.

Check out the YouTube link in my signature if interested.

Shadow Dancer (2021, Christiane Spruit)

Waiting to set on, my whole life
those shadows moving, blind

I am running wild
can't cross the line

My eyes are scaling up the sky
kaleidoscoping, wide
The breaking sunlight is giving sight
In our boundaries
we are satellites

Like shadow dancers
born to surrender
trying to live a life within / between the lights
Yearning
that we are all returning
not fading like shadows in the night

All comments welcome!

#640149 - 02/04/21 06:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Shadow Dancer [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
very nice Dave! Hats off to the whole team on this one! An easy song to like! Love the vocals! Really all the parts fit together perfectly. The cello real track is a nice addition

#640165 - 02/04/21 07:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Shadow Dancer [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: SA, Australia
Ghostgum Offline
Journeyman

Loc: SA, Australia
Lyrics, vocals blend well with the track. Quite haunting.

#640176 - 02/04/21 08:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: Shadow Dancer [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Beautiful vocal. Loved the backtrack and your chord progress. A sense of sadness. Awesome guitar work Dave. Well done

#640180 - 02/04/21 09:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: Shadow Dancer [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

BlueAttitude never falters. A solid band sound with everyone doing their part - and doing it well.
Marty's bass.
Dave's guitars.
Chris' write, vocals, piano.
The band's BGVs.

Y'all have developed a terrific sound. Consistently good. Always an enjoyable listen. One more cut for the next album...

Good mix.

Nice.

fj

#640198 - 02/04/21 11:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Shadow Dancer [Re: BlueAttitude]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Dave, Chris & Marty, you definitely have kept your high bar intact with this song. The vocal delivers the lyric perfectly. The guitars and bass are played with great expertise as expected. Very well produced. Nicely done, Tom

#640207 - 02/04/21 11:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: Shadow Dancer [Re: BlueAttitude]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Dave, Marty & Chris,
A beautifully restrained arrangement that fits the song`s mood... which to my ears begins with a slightly eastern feel and builds into a bluesy spiritual affirmation.
Everything sounds right- no surprise!- another fine fine song from you.

Robert

#640238 - 02/04/21 02:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Shadow Dancer [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Dave, Chris and Marty,

A very intriguing song. Just like the title suggests; dark and with tension. I like that.
It is different from a lot of your songs. Not a typical Blues. The 'heavy' sound of the piano in (some) contrast to the beautiful vocals gave it that intriguing sphere.
You never disappoint me with your songs!

Hans

#640249 - 02/04/21 02:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Shadow Dancer [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Hello Dave. This is really a great production.
Good choice of the band and the singer is faultless.
Congrats to all involved.
Rob4580

#640266 - 02/04/21 04:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Shadow Dancer [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
WOW! This is outstanding. You three make one hell of a band!
Loved this from the git-go. The mix is spot on. The vocal is outstanding as are the guitar parts. Marty's bass fits like a glove and oh so good.

This is definitely a winner and IMHO your best to date.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#640269 - 02/04/21 04:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Shadow Dancer [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Blue Attitude

A lovely song, well performed and produced.
Exceptional playing and singing throughout makes it a pleasure to listen to.

Great team effort.

Peter

#640286 - 02/04/21 06:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Shadow Dancer [Re: BlueAttitude]
jptjptjpt Offline
Expert

Haunting. A very good team effort. A good job to all. Cool lyrics. I like it.

#640343 - 02/05/21 05:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Shadow Dancer [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
Yes, haunting right from that masterful guitar opening. Chris is flawless on so many levels. I particularly enjoy how the song develops from the far corners of the globe in spite of the language differences. It's a great example of music being the International Language. Let's do the video, Dave.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper & Cakewalk

#640365 - 02/05/21 08:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Shadow Dancer [Re: BlueAttitude]
F.M.M. Offline
Veteran

awesome guys perfect vocal loved it great job all of you really well done thanks Eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#640375 - 02/05/21 08:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Shadow Dancer [Re: Scott C]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
very nice Dave! Hats off to the whole team on this one! An easy song to like! Love the vocals! Really all the parts fit together perfectly. The cello real track is a nice addition

The cello was a last minute addition, I felt the song needed something to kick the chorus up a notch. Thanks, Pat!

Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
Lyrics, vocals blend well with the track. Quite haunting.

Appreciate the listen and comments!

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Beautiful vocal. Loved the backtrack and your chord progress. A sense of sadness. Awesome guitar work Dave. Well done

I tried a bunch of different things with the guitar but ended up using the less is more approach. Nice to get a comment like that from a fellow guitarist I respect, thanks, Scott! wink

#640399 - 02/05/21 12:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: Shadow Dancer [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Belgium
Derochette Offline
Expert

Loc: Belgium
Hi BlueAttitude,

It's really a beautiful composition both in terms of the arrangement and the sublime voice of Christiane Spruit as well as the very engaging lyrics. Very nice demonstration of your talents. I really appreciated.

Kindly regard
Take care of yourself
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

#640473 - 02/05/21 05:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Shadow Dancer [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Expert

Loc: Illinois
Absolutely fantastic!

Well done everyone.

moto

https://sites.google.com/view/captainmoto-com/home?authuser=0

#640483 - 02/05/21 06:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: Shadow Dancer [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Really nice - it's immersive like a Pink Floyd song.

I never seem to remember the actual lyrics of your songs, because I'm so caught up on the mood and sound.

It's as much an "experience" as a song. laugh

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#640499 - 02/05/21 07:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Shadow Dancer [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
BlueAttitude,

Man, what a great vocal—Chris sounds outstanding on this . . . actually the entire production is top notch. Just resonates; totally professional sounding cut. Love the lead guitar work. Brilliant work on this one.

All my best,

Deej

#640526 - 02/06/21 02:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: Shadow Dancer [Re: Robertkc]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
BlueAttitude never falters. A solid band sound with everyone doing their part - and doing it well.
Marty's bass.
Dave's guitars.
Chris' write, vocals, piano.
The band's BGVs.

Y'all have developed a terrific sound. Consistently good. Always an enjoyable listen. One more cut for the next album...

Good mix.

Nice.

fj

We have a blast working on these songs together, most fun I have ever had with music including when I used to gig.

Very kind of you floyd, thanks!

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Dave, Chris & Marty, you definitely have kept your high bar intact with this song. The vocal delivers the lyric perfectly. The guitars and bass are played with great expertise as expected. Very well produced. Nicely done, Tom

Appreciate the listen and comments, thanks Tom!

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Dave, Marty & Chris,
A beautifully restrained arrangement that fits the song`s mood... which to my ears begins with a slightly eastern feel and builds into a bluesy spiritual affirmation.
Everything sounds right- no surprise!- another fine fine song from you.

Robert

"bluesy spiritual affirmation", I like that! Thanks, Robert wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
How to: Replace a RealTrack with a MIDI Track in Band-in-a-Box®

Starting with a RealStyle in Band-in-a-Box®, and want to make one of your tracks a MIDI track? See how this is done using the MIDI Track Picker dialog with our video How to Replace a RealTrack with a MIDI Track in Band-in-a-Box®.

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

Band-in-a-Box® Tuba RealTracks

Today (May 6) is International Tuba Day!

Celebrate your love for the Tuba today - add one of our Tuba RealTracks (available in Sets 143, 162, and 248) played by either Brad Muirhead or Philip Santner.

Already have a Band-in-a-Box® song with a Tuba? Share it here!

How to: Search for RealTracks in Band-in-a-Box®

Looking for a specific RealTrack for your song? See how easy it is to search by keyword or file name when you watch our latest video, How to Search for RealTracks in Band-in-a-Box®.

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Today!

Using Band-in-a-Box 2022 for Windows? Great news! We've released a free update that enhances many of the MIDI features and Drum Stems tracks, updates the program manual and documentation, and resolves a few user reported issues.

This free update includes additional enhancements to the DAW Plugin, and updates it to version 4.5.33.

Make sure you download this free update today!

Learn more...

How to: Capturing and Adding a Screenshot to the PG Music Forums

The PG Music Forums is packed with an incredibly active community, always happy to discuss and share Band-in-a-Box tips, help with any questions other users have, and of course share their songs!

Want to know how to add a screenshot to your forum post? Follow the steps in our helpful video tutorial.

Band-in-a-Box® Utility Tracks User Tip

#TipTuesday

Utility Tracks were added to Band-in-a-Box® with version 2021. With this feature, there are now 16 editable Utility tracks in Band-in-a-Box®, which can be used for audio and/or MIDI! Generate RealTracks, RealDrums, MIDI tracks, and you can even record or import existing Audio or MIDI files to these tracks!

See how forum user justanoldmuso utilizes this feature to streamline their workflow with their recent post, Side benefit of biab added utility tracks.

How to: Capturing and Adding a Screenshot to Live Chat Support

The Live Help feature on our website is a great way to get in touch with our team for any assistance you may need with our programs. Not only can you have a conversation with us explaining your situation, you can include screenshots too!

We show you how easy it is with these videos:

Capturing and Adding a Screenshot to Live Chat Support at PG Music.com - Windows

Capturing and Adding a Screenshot to Live Chat Support at PG Music.com - MacOS

Forum Stats
36030 Members
64 Forums
74373 Topics
652517 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
slelekacs, Stu312, YeeL, aworsley, jcallaway5

36029 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 138