Go To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
TRYUK #641344 02/10/21 05:32 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
TRYUK Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I have just installed pre release Version 2020 (422) as I do not rely on the software for my living.

1. The purple stuff has gone, it seems a lot quicker, and the lag seems to have gone.

2. From a quick check Lead sheets and Piano roll appear to be working.

If anyone wants me to check anything in particular before they install let me know.

I do not use a lot of the functions so some of it may be new to me. Describe what didn't work (what didn't happen) and I will check it

Tim.

TRYUK #641354 02/10/21 06:08 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I have problems with the Lead Sheet... the first sheet has always a grey background....The rest no problem

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)

2019 16-inch 32gb 1TB
Ventura 13.5
BIAB Version 2023 (706)
64 bit application
TRYUK #641369 02/10/21 07:40 AM
Expert
Expert
So far, I'm not finding issues in Big Sur 11.2. I don't use Lead Sheets so I'll check that.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5
Mike Halloran #641370 02/10/21 07:41 AM
TRYUK Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I’m on 11.2.1 and it seems to be ok so far.

Pipeline #641397 02/10/21 10:46 AM
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Originally Posted By: CrvsCrx
For all?

2020 for the time being

Originally Posted By: Pipeline
If you had an alternate universe where Mac has Rosetta, it runs the same 32/64 bit apps on all updates n upgrades.
Would you get users complaining ?:
"WTF I went to run a 32 bit app and it worked, this is no good, I don't want this !"
"I upgraded and all the apps still worked, this is totally unacceptable, can we stop this from happening some way ?"
"I clicked on a ppc app and it ran, WTF is going on here, how do I stop this ?"

NO you wouldn't because that alternate universe would be heaven.

It's easy saying it's not a problem but if you are one of the many programmers that have to actually fix these issues all the time it's another story.
All these posts here and all the pressure is on the programmer !, NOT apple !
I think you guys should give the empathy to the programmer and copy paste all these post to the apple forum. You don't want to allow them to get away scot free from any of the responsibility.

It's not a football team rivalry where you say that team is bad this team is good, it's just truth.
How many of you have spoken out and said anything at all to apple rather than to me ? The more you speak up and tell the truth the more likely this will bring about change, sure you might get censored on fb or twitter but you've gotta try.

Thank you Pipeline. On one side, I think it's inevitable that Apple will need to remove certain functionality for future progress, like removing 32-bit support in Catalina and jumping from OS9 to OSX - imagine the coding nightmare if macOS still had compatibility with OS9 apps and earlier!

On the other side, software developers like us have great difficulty when we have to chase down issues that crop up due to Apple "progress". Case in point - Apple made an update to their MobileDevice.framework in Mojave and High Sierra that automatically installs when an iPhone is plugged in, and the "update" removes all 32-bit functionality from that particular framework despite the fact that Mojave supports both 32 and 64-bit apps. This update causes BIAB 2018 and earlier to not start, and fixing it on our end requires a complete rewrite of BIAB as a 64-bit app (much like we did going into the 2019 version).

Realistically though, Apple isn't gonna change how they operate unless we all vote with our wallets, and I know most of us won't.

Last edited by Simon - PG Music; 02/10/21 10:47 AM.

I work here
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Thanks Simon, well said.
The good thing is Mac uses Windows hardware so if anyone else gets fed up they can easily install Win10 on the hardware.
You can even extract all the drivers out of the BootCamp pkg.
I loved Mac and would rather use it but this issue just put me off it, I don't need anymore stress in my life frown
You can only multiboot so many different version of Mac on your machine or so many VirtualBoxes.
I think apple takes users for granted, but PG don't.

Pipeline #641431 02/10/21 02:49 PM
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
The good thing is Mac uses Windows hardware

Not for much longer, thanks to the new M1 chip - although some enterprising individuals have figured out how to load Windows 10 for ARM onto the new M1 Macs and apparently it's quite fast - though of course BIAB still requires Intel/x86-64.

Last edited by Simon - PG Music; 02/10/21 02:51 PM.

I work here
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
You can't really throw all the Intel Macs in the garbage even though that is what apple want you to do to "buy" their new hardware that is made in China at cost to them of $5. It will be way cheaper and no more problems like we have here on a regular basis, to install Win10 on them, END OF THESE PROBLEMS.
Windows Biab 2021 RealBand 2021 they are old news here smile
Last Weeks Apple

Pipeline #641468 02/10/21 08:21 PM
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
They just ALL work and keep working:

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BB2007-2021.png (320.63 KB, 123 downloads)
Pipeline #641504 02/11/21 04:44 AM
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Pipeline.
lol.
i DO HOPE the big guys switch to high end macs etc etc.
that means more cheap intel refurbs flooding the market for us poorer musicians.
best to stay behind the tech curve imho.
i'm seeing great deals on refurb xeon beasts from earlier generations. both on the apple and on the win side.
under 600 buks. lots of deals.
even seen refurbs for 150 buks, plenty good enough to run bb.
ive found the ssd's make a big diff in daw work.

best
muso.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
TRYUK #641532 02/11/21 07:44 AM
Veteran
Veteran
We thoroughly enjoy our cloistered Apple world ... two iPhones, HomePod, Apple TV, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple Play in the vehicle and two Macs.

I resided in the PC environment from the early 80’s until 2011. And I never look back.

Just wanted to mention that we aren’t all Apple haters smile

TRYUK #641549 02/11/21 09:21 AM
V
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
V
« Just wanted to mention that we aren’t all Apple haters« 
+1
For information, I had a « Big Sur » problem with my notation software, but it was corrected in a few days...

justanoldmuso #641582 02/11/21 11:53 AM
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
...that means more cheap intel refurbs flooding the market for us poorer musicians.
best to stay behind the tech curve imho....

For sure as apple tell the followers these are now last weeks models, get rid of them they are now worthless, there will be too much shame involve if you are seen with one.
Apple fined for slowing down old iPhones
A good idea is don't allow users a panel to upgrade ram/hard drive/cpu make it real difficult to open same with iPhone don't allow users a panel to replace the battery we want them to "buy" a new iPhone.
I use iToiletPaper now.

TRYUK #641655 02/11/21 11:33 PM
P
PLS Offline
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
P
I love windows and I'm fortunate to have several at my house as they allow for natural light to shine on all my Apple equipment!

PLS #641680 02/12/21 02:34 AM
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Pipeline #641715 02/12/21 05:48 AM
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
i dont hate apple.
i just wish their pricing schemes were more friendly towards
poor musicians that often struggle with very low/no budgets for gear.
as to phones, my wife has a motorola hyper that was cheap.
she loves it, it seems to do everything but shine ones shoes. lol. great camera on it also. does everything we ever want.

i send out lots of good wishes/mojo for a great songwriting and healthy year to all mac pg users. peace and love to all.
best.
muso.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 02/12/21 05:49 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
TRYUK #641716 02/12/21 05:50 AM
S
S
Notation window is working?

S
S
I was planning to update to BIAB 2020 but I won't until this issue is solved.
Notation window doesn't work. Neither the daw plugin, even with GarageBand.
Do you have an idea when this thing will be solved?

Regards

scostudio #641738 02/12/21 08:54 AM
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
They just ALL work and keep working:

Just wait until Windows 11 comes out. I'm not saying that things will stop working, but things will stop working.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We thoroughly enjoy our cloistered Apple world ... two iPhones, HomePod, Apple TV, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple Play in the vehicle and two Macs.

I resided in the PC environment from the early 80’s until 2011. And I never look back.

Just wanted to mention that we aren’t all Apple haters

Despite Apple taking away the ability for me to upgrade my Ram or replace my battery, I'm still an Apple user myself. Got a Mac Pro, Macbook Pro, iMac, and iPhone SE, and there's no way I would want to trade that for Windows and/or Android. Low latency audio simply works on Apple, where we have to jump through hoops for Windows, and I'm not paid enough to deal with that on a regular basis.

Originally Posted By: PLS
I love windows and I'm fortunate to have several at my house as they allow for natural light to shine on all my Apple equipment!

I also have some great windows! Mine are all east-facing so my Apple equipment gets a lot of morning sun!

Originally Posted By: scostudio
I was planning to update to BIAB 2020 but I won't until this issue is solved.
Notation window doesn't work. Neither the daw plugin, even with GarageBand.
Do you have an idea when this thing will be solved?

Regards

We are not aware of any Big Sur related issues with the DAW plugin, what issue are you having? Perhaps contact support and we should be able to get that going for you. The notation window issue is resolved now, and the patch for 2020 is available here: https://www.pgmusic.com/support_macintoshupdates.htm#2020_422

I work here
TRYUK #641763 02/12/21 11:05 AM
C
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
C
Thank you Simon and everyone at PG Music for getting us up and running on Big Sur. Now we can all quit [*****] and now I can move over to the iMac from my dual booted MacBook.

One final [*****]... I had a thought about Apple making changes constantly, I think that is the price we pay for progress and security. Just imagine wanting to stay with last years car model because it worked just fine. How many would be driving an Edsel, or a Model T? Technology is moving at lightspeed, it is hard to keep up. I used Windows machines at work in engineering, mostly graphics and spreadsheet computation. It was so nice to come home to my Macs. To be honest I finally decided to try BIAB in 2020 after writing it off for decades, the only reason I have it now is because of the lockdown, up to this point I had never had a problem with any program because of Apple updates, and BIAB is the only program I am running that was not compatible out of the gate with Big Sur. I am not saying other companies were not behind the curve, I have looked at the compatibility lists online.

Thanks again PG Music.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,304
Posts731,333
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213