Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#646357 - 03/12/21 03:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Edge Walkin' (feat. Peter on guitars) [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Janice, Bud and Peter.

This is such a inspiring song! Everything about it sits so well on the ears. Without any sense of hyperbole, this is first class listening all the way.

Peter, your guitar work is polished and professional. I've never heard you play resonator before. I love the sound of your playing. It's not as overpowering as the Realtrack resonator guitars sometimes are. You've got the knack!

Bud... it's two enthusiastic thumbs up for the mixing. I notice that you used CLA plugins, Ozone 9 and Nectar 3. These are my go-to tools these days, too. Mixing and producing still challenge me. These plugins help keep the blood pressure down. Most important, though, they work a treat.

And Janice... your vocals are truly a joy for the ears. I love all the fill-ins and the harmonies. I don't know how you do it. When I listen, it sounds so easy. But when I try to do this sort of thing, my brain goes haywire. While I can write harmony, I cannot sing it easily at all. As I listened to your vocals on this, there are many lessons for me to learn. I'll definitely be going back for some ideas.

All the best to everyone,
Noel

Noel Thanks for the comments on the guitar and for a wonderful overall review.

Peter

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Classic and classy. A very fine "complaining" lyric that feels universal delivered with that now classic Janice world-weary slip-slide and harmonies. The guitar was exceptionally good. Those turn-arounds had that sweet "fresh, yet inevitable" musicality that feels like home and landed just right to allow the verses to come again. All in a sonically pleasing package of goodness.

Thanks for noting the guitar. It's always a privilege to play on these tracks.
Peter

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Janice, Bud and Peter ...

Love these minor key, classic Blues. And this one just pops. Great lyric ... the very first line promised a great listen. So, who has a better voice than Janice? Very few, that's who. And Peter gets more from six strings and ten fingers than most of us who have picked up a guitar in earnest. Great fretwork! And the mix? Never as disappointment and always a smile with Bud twisting the knobs.

I absolutely loved the walk-down between verses ... stunning in creation and execution.

I also loved the backing vocals Janice did - in places, almost a vocal commentary to the story.

Excellent x big numbers! Take care, folks ...

Alan

You are too kind Alan.
Thanks Peter

#646361 - 03/12/21 04:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Edge Walkin' (feat. Peter on guitars) [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I love the blues and you three have mastered the genre.
Janice sings so well
Peter is an outstanding profession guitarist.
Bub is the perfect producer and mastering engineer.

You are every bit as good as those on Alligator's Blues roster and the songs on blues radio.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#646388 - 03/12/21 06:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Edge Walkin' (feat. Peter on guitars) [Re: Al-David]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Janice, Bud and Peter ...

Love these minor key, classic Blues. And this one just pops. Great lyric ... the very first line promised a great listen. So, who has a better voice than Janice? Very few, that's who. And Peter gets more from six strings and ten fingers than most of us who have picked up a guitar in earnest. Great fretwork! And the mix? Never as disappointment and always a smile with Bud twisting the knobs.

I absolutely loved the walk-down between verses ... stunning in creation and execution.

I also loved the backing vocals Janice did - in places, almost a vocal commentary to the story.

Excellent x big numbers! Take care, folks ...

Alan

Al, you are way too generous with your kind words ... but we’ll take it! smile

Thanks,

J&B

#646397 - 03/12/21 08:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Edge Walkin' (feat. Peter on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
jptjptjpt Offline
Expert

Really good production. Vocals and lead guitar during break are great. Lyrics are the big attraction on this one. Well written tune. Another good one gang!

#646452 - 03/13/21 06:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Edge Walkin' (feat. Peter on guitars) [Re: BabuMusic]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Ah, some of my favorite humans have once again joined forces and produced a masterpiece. A wonderful blues piece to shuffle along to, your songs always make me wanna play along. Flawless execution and the perfect mix.

Thanks. Shuffling is always good!

J&B

#646458 - 03/13/21 07:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Edge Walkin' (feat. Peter on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Janice, Bud, Peter...

Damn Good Music.

What more needs sayin'?

An excellent Blues write. Start to finish...
"So many problems, oh, I need a little distance
Been running ‘bout a quart low on patience
Gonna try that ole path of least resistance"
Nice!!

Perfect BAND (As always).
Great mix (As always).
Killer Vocal (As always).

Peter's guitar and dobro - excellent.

This one sounds like a classic. Right off the bat.

fj

#646538 - 03/13/21 02:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Edge Walkin' (feat. Peter on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Love the turnaround intro to the song. Loved Peters guitar work on the song. Dobro was excellent and his solo was superb. Awesome vocal and call back harmonies Janice. Excellent production on the song. Well done.

#646544 - 03/13/21 02:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Edge Walkin' (feat. Peter on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: United Kingdom
musician17 Online   content
Expert

Loc: United Kingdom
Ooh yeah. That's the way to make my eardrums purr. Love it completely - this kinda of blues just hits the spot. Janice's voice, Peter's guitar ... Bud's production skills ... that's how it's done. Janice sounds at her absolute best here ... more, please! And Peter is just heaven - whereas Bud is a little more laid back, but it wouldn't be the same end product without him. That's the way, folks ... you please carry on, I'm just going to stretch and lie down somewhere round here, so I can hear more of your superb tracks. Thank you :-)

#646627 - 03/14/21 06:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Edge Walkin' (feat. Peter on guitars) [Re: Noel96]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Janice, Bud and Peter.

This is such a inspiring song! Everything about it sits so well on the ears. Without any sense of hyperbole, this is first class listening all the way.

Peter, your guitar work is polished and professional. I've never heard you play resonator before. I love the sound of your playing. It's not as overpowering as the Realtrack resonator guitars sometimes are. You've got the knack!

Bud... it's two enthusiastic thumbs up for the mixing. I notice that you used CLA plugins, Ozone 9 and Nectar 3. These are my go-to tools these days, too. Mixing and producing still challenge me. These plugins help keep the blood pressure down. Most important, though, they work a treat.

And Janice... your vocals are truly a joy for the ears. I love all the fill-ins and the harmonies. I don't know how you do it. When I listen, it sounds so easy. But when I try to do this sort of thing, my brain goes haywire. While I can write harmony, I cannot sing it easily at all. As I listened to your vocals on this, there are many lessons for me to learn. I'll definitely be going back for some ideas.

All the best to everyone,
Noel

Thanks for all you said. And yes those plug-ins are great. Often they make me me feel as though I’m cheating.

I (Bud) remain mystified by Janice’s harmony. It comes to her very quickly and like the lead is most often a single take. She hears it at the same time she’s singing lead — all in her head. And I’ve never used a pitch editor. It would likely explode when she starts her note bending. smile

We appreciate your support.

J&B

#646734 - 03/14/21 06:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Edge Walkin' (feat. Peter on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Team,
Such a nice swinging tune!
Glad I found a time to listen to it in quiet setting. Totally love it. Amazing drive! Melody, vocals, guitars, arrangement everything works so well. There is nothing I would take out, nor add. A refreshing blues tune. Bud, super clear and full mix! I am a big fan of your art & skill. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

#646806 - 03/15/21 05:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Edge Walkin' (feat. Peter on guitars) [Re: vicarn]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: vicarn
Wonderful stuff you 3.
Great guitar sits nice in the mix. Great balanced mix too.

Vic

Thanks!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
J&B,

I love the tempo/rhythm of this tune, it's perfect for the title and lyrics! Love that little descending turn around thing going on! Janice has just the right kind of voice for these songs and gives another flawless vocal for this! The guitar sounds Peter has on this are excellent as well as the playing, reminds me very much of some of the sounds John Fogerty used to get in the CCR years! Perfectly engineered and mastered as far as I'm concerned Bud! T

We much appreciate your supportive and thoughtful comments Torrey!

J&B

Edited by Janice & Bud (03/15/21 09:29 AM)

#646895 - 03/15/21 01:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: Edge Walkin' (feat. Peter on guitars) [Re: Torrey Bliss]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
J&B,

I love the tempo/rhythm of this tune, it's perfect for the title and lyrics! Love that little descending turn around thing going on! Janice has just the right kind of voice for these songs and gives another flawless vocal for this! The guitar sounds Peter has on this are excellent as well as the playing, reminds me very much of some of the sounds John Fogerty used to get in the CCR years! Perfectly engineered and mastered as far as I'm concerned Bud! T

Thanks for the comments on the guitar part Torrey. Bud did a great job mixing and mastering the track.

Peter

#646924 - 03/15/21 02:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: Edge Walkin' (feat. Peter on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
I thought I'd commented on this but have discovered I hadn't. Perhaps it was because I'd been listening via a fb link.
This has a really cool "live" vibe with the snare leading the saunter.
Peter's playing is perfect for the song. The descending riff is an excellent tag/hook too.
The vocals have the weary from walking edge to them that sells the song.

#647035 - 03/16/21 05:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: Edge Walkin' (feat. Peter on guitars) [Re: gruverider]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: gruverider
Top notch! Sultry vocal and Kick-butt guitar! All bedded in a wonderful mix.

Much Enjoyed!

Thanks Lawrence. We always appreciate your comments!

J&B

#647164 - 03/17/21 06:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Edge Walkin' (feat. Peter on guitars) [Re: Gary Weder]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Gary Weder
Janice and Bud.
I always listen in and enjoy your music and high quality mixing and mastering.
cheers
Gary.

Thanks for the spin ... glad you liked it!

J&B

#647168 - 03/17/21 06:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Edge Walkin' (feat. Peter on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

Sounds great! You two are the blues masters!

smile

Hey, I have noticed a lot of people on the forum are singing the blues.

Is there something going on in the world that I missed?? Why isn't everywhere super happy?????? I really haven't been outside my room for an entire year or watched any news at all. My Internet has been down as well. Did something happen while I was gone??

#647283 - 03/17/21 05:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Edge Walkin' (feat. Peter on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Janice, Bud and Peter:

Another total winner. Lyrics really make this one for me, but everything is just top notch, and that lead solo slays. Hard to add to the accolades above—just some steaming blues. Hot!

Keep up the great work!

My best to you all,

Deej

#647324 - 03/18/21 05:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Edge Walkin' (feat. Peter on guitars) [Re: dcuny]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Man - I'm a day late and all the good words have been taken! wink

Love it all the way from the descending turnaround to the long fade on the piano at the end.

In my head, I'm visualizing a 1920's era cartoon, flickering in the screen as characters lope by with a double-bounce walk and rubber-hose animation.

Love the resonator!

Then again, picking any part out in particular means ignoring some other part.

So I'll just cheat and say it's all excellent.

And it's not really cheating if it's true, is it? laugh

We always get a kick outa the toons of that era! No it’s not cheating and we appreciate every word of it!

J&B

#647367 - 03/18/21 08:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Edge Walkin' (feat. Peter on guitars) [Re: Janice & Bud]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

PB&J, The walk down turnaround is especially effective. I like that rest before the final note. The vocal is once again a master class in blues singing and the little call and response was inspired. The reso was perfect for the fills and the guitar solos were right on the money. Really good blues lyric and the mix is impeccable with everything in it’s own space and no crowding. It is obvious that you three are well versed in the blues, Tom

#647456 - 03/18/21 04:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Edge Walkin' (feat. Peter on guitars) [Re: Leon1]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Leon1
Lyrics, production, vocals and guitar - in fact everything about this - absolutely first class. Great stuff. And a nice cover pic. Hope you watched your step on what looks like a slippery edge there, Janice.
Regards,
Leon

Thanks Leon ... we are glad it all worked for you. And I could've used a couple of photos of us riding our mountain bikes on those same boulders Janice is on but that would likely confirm what many suspect ... that we are nuts!

Thanks again,

J&B

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

PG Music News
Getting To Know Your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®

Have you received the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®, and you'd like to learn more about the newest features?

There are a few different resources available to you!

In the program there is a "2023 NEW Features" button that offers quick access to the newest features explanations and tutorials.

We offer video tutorials explaining the new version as well as breaking down specific features. You can access these on our YouTube Channel, or here on our Website on the Support | Videos pages.

There are detailed program manuals available on our Online Manuals page that explains just the New Features in the Upgrade Manual, or combines all the features of the program in our Full Manual. Prefer to access a PDF of the manuals instead? They're available on our Online Manuals page too!

Our Forums are also a great way to learn about the newest features! Not only will you see our videos shared there, you'll join an active community of friendly and knowledgeable program users happy to answer questions and help out!

Of course, you can always ask our team directly too!

It's the Last Weekend to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

Hurry - our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th at 11:59 pm PST!

Order before then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Last Chance to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th! Order by then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Special is Extended to January 15, 2023

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases has been extended to January 15, 2023!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs Special Extended to January 15, 2023!

We've extended the XPro and Xtra Styles PAKS special offers to January 15, 2023!

We're offering XPro Styles PAKs 1-4 and Xtra Styles PAKs 1-15 for just $29 each (reg $49)!

Treat yourself to 100 brand new RealStyles for country, bluegrass, jazz, funk, rock, and pop with the new XPro Styles PAK 4 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022, but why stop there? The new Xtra Styles PAKs 14 & 15 include 17 MultiStyle groups and 200 new styles for Rock, Pop, Jazz, and Country, as well as genres like '80s glam rock, rockabilly, big band, space rock, metal, funk, and more!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs and order now.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs and order now.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3

Learn all about the 25 Songs with Vocals added to our Band-in-a-Box Add-ons with Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3! Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Songs with Vocals 3

This included in the Band-in-a-Box 2023 Free Bonus PAK!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows - 'Twas the Click Before Christmas!

Order any version of Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows and receive your download key right away for use with our One-Click Installer, but don't wait too long... our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special ends December 31st!

Order now to add over 70 new features and amazing new content to your Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

It's a great time to order, with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2022!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Forum Stats
37097 Members
64 Forums
77142 Topics
683952 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
ks88, KNL, dj001, TapNTyme, JameAmenda

37097 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
musocity 159
MarioD 145