You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#648075 - 03/23/21 06:34 AM [User Showcase] Lovers' Secrets
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

I heard this cool guitar riff and wondered if I could reproduce it.
I used the Ample Martin vst (free).
Once I had it, I thought I might as well write a song with it...

LOVERS' SECRETS

we should have an "our song"
we should have an "our cafe"
"our look" that we exchange each time we touch
we should have that night each week
curled up on the couch, i rub your feet
we watch those movies that we both love so much

things that only lovers have
   things that only lovers do
   moments that only lovers share
   those little lovers' secrets between me and you

a funny story 'bout how we met
a joke that only you and i get
a special place we call our own deep in the park
a look that says it's time to leave
a dream that only we believe
and names we call we other only in the dark

we're not that far away
i know someday soon we're gonna say
we share...

let's share lovers' secrets between me and you

Greg Johnson suggested a bridge instead of the original guitar solo I had.
That worked. Thanks, buddy!

The BAND bits:

RealTracks in song: 3502:Bass, Electric, NashvilleRadioBalladA Ev16 075
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 2066:Piano, Rhythm NewAgeAnswers Ev16 110
(rendered using EZKeys Upright)
RealDrums [in Song:ShakerSlow16ths: a: ShakerSlow16thsb: ShakerSlow16ths
Other single drum hits
Harmonies created in RealBand using Helicon harmony generator. And I sang one.
Acoustic guitar programmed using Ample Guitar M Lite II.

Comments welcome.
Thanks for listening.

fj

#648104 - 03/23/21 09:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lovers' Secrets [Re: floyd jane]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Floyd,
First thing that strikes me is how good your voice sounds in the upper register ( especially with that nice depth the blend of harmonies gives).
The guitar arpeggio is hypnotic in a gentle way and you`ve programmed it very well- wish I could do that- maybe I`ll checkout that Ample guitar thing.
A good write - lots of lines that resonate in the "our"list:

"a dream that only we believe
and names we call each other only in the dark"

Very good!

Robert

#648108 - 03/23/21 10:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lovers' Secrets [Re: floyd jane]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

That's pretty cool. The acoustic VST sounds pretty convincing the way you are using it. Did you mouse the notes in or play them? Or create them some other way? That fingerpicking style is pretty decently convincing to what a real picker would do. It sounds pretty decent in the mix. The song is well done. Nice writing and nice selection of instrumentation. I've noticed you're exploring the softer side of things recently. Cool stuff you're doing there.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#648128 - 03/23/21 12:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lovers' Secrets [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: SA, Australia
Ghostgum Offline
Journeyman

Loc: SA, Australia
Always enjoy your work, but this has to be one of your best. Track, lyrics, vocals, mix - just magic.

#648255 - 03/24/21 06:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lovers' Secrets [Re: Robertkc]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd,
First thing that strikes me is how good your voice sounds in the upper register ( especially with that nice depth the blend of harmonies gives).
The guitar arpeggio is hypnotic in a gentle way and you`ve programmed it very well- wish I could do that- maybe I`ll checkout that Ample guitar thing.
A good write - lots of lines that resonate in the "our"list:

"a dream that only we believe
and names we call each other only in the dark"

Very good!

Robert

Thanks, Robert. I often wonder if that upper register "works". You should definitely try the Ample guitar. It has a great sound. It's not hard to add simple picking patterns manually. And there is a library of pattern (though I have not used any of them).

#648258 - 03/24/21 07:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lovers' Secrets [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Very impressed with that acoustic guitar vst! Sounds real to me. I'm going to check that out shortly.

Vocal sounds great, harmonies too, especially the chorus section.

Another good song, floyd, I'm a fan.

#648287 - 03/24/21 09:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lovers' Secrets [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Expert

Loc: Illinois
Man.............you keep hitting the mark with your songs Floyd!

This has a nice unique groove that makes it so nice to listen to.

You topped yourself with the vocals.

EXCELLENT

moto

https://sites.google.com/view/captainmoto-com/home?authuser=0

#648292 - 03/24/21 09:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lovers' Secrets [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
Man, I admittedly haven't been here in a while. I pop in and use the jukebox; but haven't really "been here."

I thought I would listen to a few throughout the day and happen to see you posted this not long ago! VERY cool!

THEN

I gave it a listen. Man, this song is beautiful in every sense. A lot of what I would say I've said about your other songs. Your attention and application are both at those same high levels, however you manage to have variation at the same time which keeps everything new!

If you haven't sung in your higher register much, you've been squandering a real gift. I absolutely loved it. I'm not just comparing it to your other songs either. If I never heard you sing before, it still sounds fantastic!

You managed to make those harmonies work REALLY well too!

I simply can't write a short reply to your works ever. I am holding back SO much!

I'll just sum it up as this a truly great song in EVERY aspect.

(still wanting to say more...lol)

-C
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#648314 - 03/24/21 11:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lovers' Secrets [Re: floyd jane]
F.M.M. Offline
Veteran

Hi FloyD Wow great vocals on this tune really great job on all of it you really got control of biab you make it work for you so well loved it !!! thanks Eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#648389 - 03/24/21 08:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lovers' Secrets [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
I heard this cool guitar riff and wondered if I could reproduce it.
I used the Ample Martin vst (free).
Once I had it, I thought I might as well write a song with it...

Ha! Sort of like saying "I bought some tires, and I figured I may as well build a car to go with them."

I normally don't like to look at lyrics first, but for reasons uninteresting to this narrative, I read them first this time.

Man, you know how to write solid lyrics. laugh

Clearly sung, with vocals front and center. Yes, even in front of the guitar riff. wink

Jumps right into harmony. It sounded like Helicon, but it had me wondering, because yep - you did at least one of those tracks yourself.

I expected drums on the second verse, but real sparse use of the kick, and the drops out at the start of the final chorus. Making more with less. The hihat gets, what.. four taps? And there's some reverse sound coming in at 3:00?

So - nice attention to details, subtle arrangement to keep everything clear, excellent fj vocal... what a treat. smile

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#648394 - 03/24/21 10:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lovers' Secrets [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Loc: Aichi, Japan
floyd,

Acoustic guitar riffs by Ample Guitar M Lite II are really cool.
Harmonies by Helicon harmony generator are also great.
You are always doing various experiments with your music production.
I'm always impressed with them.
Your vocals are wonderful as usual.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#648400 - 03/24/21 10:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lovers' Secrets [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
floyd

Lovely work. The acoustic is very pretty, and well "programmed".

The harmonies are excellent.

Top notch vocals throughout, beautiful set of lyrics and a wonderful melody.

Another in a long line of top notch songs.

Peter

#648446 - 03/25/21 07:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lovers' Secrets [Re: floyd jane]
Gary Weder Offline
Journeyman

Hi Floyd
Nice.

Edited by Gary Weder (03/29/21 03:12 AM)

#648453 - 03/25/21 07:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lovers' Secrets [Re: Guitarhacker]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
That's pretty cool. The acoustic VST sounds pretty convincing the way you are using it. Did you mouse the notes in or play them? Or create them some other way? That fingerpicking style is pretty decently convincing to what a real picker would do. It sounds pretty decent in the mix. The song is well done. Nice writing and nice selection of instrumentation. I've noticed you're exploring the softer side of things recently. Cool stuff you're doing there.

Thanks, Herb. The acoustic "programming" was done by mouse. Thanks fo r listening.

#648462 - 03/25/21 08:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lovers' Secrets [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Floyd,

A song to to stay silent with. Beautiful!
Only a guitar and these vocals.
I enjoyed the harmonies in the vocals very much.
I read almost everyone wrote this too, so I think you have to believe them all.
Or at least me.

I'm impressed, but I won't say one of your best. That has still to come!

Hans

#648485 - 03/25/21 10:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lovers' Secrets [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
I loved this song Floyd. Super vocal. Very cool lyric. Intro was was excellent. I would have never thought that acoustic was a vst. Was perfect for the song. Well done

#648506 - 03/25/21 01:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lovers' Secrets [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Floyd ...

Hypnotic in the best of ways. Wonderful, delicious vocals!!! The simplicity of the backing tracks gently supports the excellent vocal. And talk about a romantic lyric! This is romantic in the sweetest way. You can make the simplest ideas and thoughts sound so rich and full.

If for some mysterious reason I had to listen to but one song all day ... this would be my choice.

Best to you & yours. Take care ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#648556 - 03/25/21 06:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lovers' Secrets [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Stanwell Park NSW Australia
The 1st question that popped into my mind was "Why program the acoustic when he plays so well?"
Then I figured it was a case of "..because I can..".
That's my little side bar to self.
Lovely song lovely arrangement and texture.
You've focused on the intimate, small moments and things that actually mean a lot to the participants while your vocal brings this listener in from being a voyeur to part of the story.
There was one kick drum hit that seemed odd but it didn't when I re listened.
Excellent.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#648563 - 03/25/21 07:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lovers' Secrets [Re: floyd jane]
jptjptjpt Offline
Journeyman

Another superb song. Such a clear recording You have the process down pat. Lovely song. Well written. Instrumentation is great. I like it.

https://youtu.be/JwblUfdbsEk

My music can be heard at: http://thecracks.bandcamp.com/

#648610 - 03/26/21 04:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lovers' Secrets [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
No doubt, excellence continues to be delivered. Greg's input certainly has been advantageous.

Vocally sensational including the multi-part over-dubs.

The simplistic production within minimal instrumentation gives this song color and depth. A perfect selection. Most excellent indeed.
BIAB & RB2021(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Customers LOVE Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

We've added 200 exciting new RealStyles with the just-released Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - 50 each for Jazz 11, Country 11, Rock & Pop 11, and Half & Double Time 1!

We think you'll love the new RealStyles and MultiStyles added with Xtra Styles PAK 11, which includes new sounds like modern reggaeton, medieval-inspired folk pop, Americana power ballad, speakeasy vocal jazz, R&B and reggae fusion, and more! In fact, here's what people are saying...

I LOVE the double-time comping electric piano!

Everyone should have these!

These are a must have!

Half and double time styles - yes!

Love what I'm hearing! My compliments to the producer that created them.

These are AWESOME!

Nailed it!

Some really great sounding country styles here!

There are some great styles in this XtraPAK.

XTRA STYLES PAKS ARE ON SALE UNTIL MAY 31st!

During our Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Windows special, all our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-11 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? Until May 31st, you can purchase our complete library of all 1,800+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-11 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more and order now.

Interested in a specific genre? These can be purchased for $15 each - pick & choose here.

NOTE: Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition version 2020 or 2021. (Xtra Styles PAK 11 requires the 2021 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition.) Xtra Styles PAKs won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Learn more & listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 11.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 users should install the latest patch update, which includes support for Xtra Styles PAK 11.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows is Xtra Ready!

The latest free patch update for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows readies the program for the just-launched Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Windows (on sale until May 31st - learn more here)!

We've also updated the Song Titles database, resolved user-reported issues for various drum features, and more.

Learn more & download the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 build 833 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Russian for Windows is Here!

Мы хорошо потрудились и добавили 80 новых функций и изумительную коллекцию нового контента, включая 202 стиля RealTracks, новые стили RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, инструментальные этюды (Instrumental Studies), записи профессионального живого исполнения (Artist Performances), поставляемые в качестве бонуса отдельные инструменты RealDrums (RealDrums "Singles"), транскрипции стилей RealDrums, набор мультистилей MultiStyles PAK 1, набор экстра-стилей Xtra Styles PAK 10 и др.!

новых | Пакеты

Just Released - Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

We've added 200 exciting new RealStyles with the just-released Xtra Styles PAK 11 for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - 50 each for Jazz 11, Country 11, Rock & Pop 11, and Half & Double Time 1!

We think you'll love the new RealStyles and MultiStyles added with Xtra Styles PAK 11, which includes new sounds like modern reggaeton, medieval-inspired folk pop, Americana power ballad, speakeasy vocal jazz, R&B and reggae fusion, and more!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 11 Demos for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows

XTRA STYLES PAKS ARE ON SALE UNTIL MAY 31st! During our Xtra Styles PAK 11 special, all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-11 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? Until May 31st, you can purchase our complete library of all 1,800+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-11 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Interested in a specific genre? These can be purchased for $15 each - pick & choose here.

NOTE: Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition version 2020 or 2021. (Xtra Styles PAK 11 requires the 2021 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition.) Xtra Styles PAKs won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Learn more & listen to demos of Xtra Styles PAK 11.

Get To Know the Band-in-a-Box® Song Settings

Want to customize your Band-in-a-Box® song? Head into the Song Settings window to adjust settings for endings, tags, style variations, pushes, rests, chord embellishments, and more!

To access Song Settings in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows, use Ctrl+N or choose the Edit | Song Form | Settings (for This Song) option.

Looking to mix up the styles playing for each chorus? You can do that!

Want Pedal Bass in your middle chorus? You can do that too!

Hoping to fade the ending to your song? Also an option from within this window!

There are additional Ending options, RealTracks options (including half-time/double-time, 'bluesy' solos, Natural Arrangements, etc.), and more!

Learn more about Band-in-a-Box® Song Settings.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Documentation Today!

Download the latest Update for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows to access the updated PDF manual and updated help file.

We've also addressed user reported concerns regarding Plugins Options, Drum Kit window MIDI events, the 2 bar lead-in for exported MIDI files, read-only Audio tracks, and more!

The latest update is available for FREE to all Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Windows users.

Learn more and download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Estamos ocupados e adicionamos 80 novos recursos e uma coleção incrível de novos conteúdos, incluindo 202 RealTracks, novos RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Estudos Instrumentais, Performances de Artistas, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", transcrições de RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 e mais!

Novas Funções | Pacotes

Forum Stats
34383 Members
67 Forums
69433 Topics
597055 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
ccaru, Mikeyjohnsongs, slipperedlobster, documents, Roberto LEO

34385 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 205