You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#655939 - 05/17/21 09:15 PM [User Showcase] Come To Me - (Jazzy Blues)
Loc: Christchurch, New Zealand
NigelSpiers Offline
Expert

Come To Me

Hi Folks,

This song was inspired by my first visit to New York and my first view of The Statue of Liberty. It is about America welcoming refugees from Europe following the First World War.
It changes, as songs sometimes do, to a Love Song in the refrain.

The song features the awesome talents of Susan de Jong (vocals) and Carmel Courtney (Sax).

Song written and produced by Nigel Spiers.

From the album US Odyssey Blues And Views

All backing instruments are Band In A Box MIDI Files.

#655962 - 05/18/21 04:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Come To Me - (Jazzy Blues) [Re: NigelSpiers]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
Nice build to the excitement. Love those blues changes with a gospel hint. It seems like I've known this song my whole life. It's written in the soul. Well written there, Nigel. Excellent choice of talent. I reached to pull the slider down on the sax at first. The strings seemed a bit out of place for the style, but turning it into a love song made it work. A lot of folks have come by that statue and turned into a love song.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 9

#656000 - 05/18/21 08:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Come To Me - (Jazzy Blues) [Re: NigelSpiers]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Lovely vocal and lyric. I get the blues gospel vibe as well. Very nice... Got a hint of Mick Hucknal as well..

#656106 - 05/19/21 02:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Come To Me - (Jazzy Blues) [Re: Scott C]
NigelSpiers Offline
Expert

Hi Marty and Scott,

Thanks for your generous comments - much appreciated.

Yes - in hindsight the Sax may be a little loud in the mix.

Best Regards
Nigel

#656111 - 05/19/21 04:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Come To Me - (Jazzy Blues) [Re: NigelSpiers]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
AudioTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
The broadness of the introduction gives a sense of spaciousness and direction right from the start.

The gospel underlying feel add the right direction, right throughout the song.

Susan and others have definitely delivered the goods!
BIAB & RB2022 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#656878 - 05/24/21 10:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Come To Me - (Jazzy Blues) [Re: NigelSpiers]
Chris Dent Offline
Apprentice

Very nice song. How fortunate to have such a great vocalist to work with!

I recognise the homage to Eddie Vinson's 'Person to Person' in the chorus - one of my all time favourite songs that I used to sing with my band in the good old days...

#656880 - 05/24/21 11:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Come To Me - (Jazzy Blues) [Re: NigelSpiers]
NigelSpiers Offline
Expert

Hi Chris,

Eddie Vinson's 'Person to Person'

I never heard that song before but just listened to it - magnificent!

All you folks out there in PGmusic land - listen - this is real music!

Best Regards
Nigel

#656881 - 05/24/21 11:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Come To Me - (Jazzy Blues) [Re: NigelSpiers]
NigelSpiers Offline
Expert

Hi Chris,

Just viewed this Video of him at Monterey - hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5lx5GGb5X4

Best Regards
Nigel

#656883 - 05/24/21 11:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Come To Me - (Jazzy Blues) [Re: NigelSpiers]
Chris Dent Offline
Apprentice

Thanks Nigel, great video. Here's Person to Person https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acrN-CRL-SE

Just coincidence about the theme but your song really reminded me of this song - very fond memories too!

Chris

#677422 - 10/11/21 09:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Come To Me - (Jazzy Blues) [Re: NigelSpiers]
Loc: United States
Sironedragon Offline
Enthusiast

cool

#677423 - 10/11/21 09:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Come To Me - (Jazzy Blues) [Re: Chris Dent]
Sironedragon Offline
Enthusiast

nice

#677426 - 10/11/21 10:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Come To Me - (Jazzy Blues) [Re: NigelSpiers]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
Now that's Cookin' with Sam through the slice n dicer.
A lovely reinvention and interesting lyric given the narrative you describe.
The two featured artists burn it up too.
Well done.

#677469 - 10/12/21 08:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Come To Me - (Jazzy Blues) [Re: NigelSpiers]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Expert

Loc: Illinois
Excellent!

Nice write, Susan on vocals is stellar, Carmel's sax is dynomite!

Couldn't help but hear the similarities to the Peter Green classic " Need Your Love So Bad" Particularly the Gary Moore rendition.

moto

Edited by CaptainMoto (10/13/21 12:50 PM)

https://sites.google.com/view/captainmoto-com/home?authuser=0

#677540 - 10/12/21 04:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Come To Me - (Jazzy Blues) [Re: NigelSpiers]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Veteran

Nigel,
excellent tune in all respects. Composition, sax, vocals, production, everything shines. To my ears, strings make it less intimate, but that is a matter of taste. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

#677544 - 10/12/21 04:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Come To Me - (Jazzy Blues) [Re: NigelSpiers]
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Leon1 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Nice song, Nigel. Reminds me a bit of 'cry to me'. Excellent vocal and sax playing.
Regards,
Leon

#677850 - 10/14/21 09:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Come To Me - (Jazzy Blues) [Re: NigelSpiers]
Loc: Washington State
bluage Offline
Expert

Loc: Washington State
Mr. Spiers...

Your production has a slow-jam R&B feel to it that is reminiscent of the song 'Stay In My Corner', performed by The Dells in 1965. The heavenly strings arrangement adds to that impression.

Ms. de Jong wholly embraces the blues in her heart-felt performance. There is warmth and intimacy in her voice that made the experience of listening to your lyrics even more deeply felt.

Edited by bluage (10/14/21 09:14 PM)

PG Music News
New Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Add-ons are Here!

We're excited to say that we've just released some amazing new RealStyles with XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows or Mac!

XPro Styles PAK 2 includes 100 fresh new RealStyles that will up the utility and fun factor of the Band-in-a-Box® Pro version by adding 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles! XPro Styles PAK 3 goes even further - not only is it packed 100 new RealStyles, it includes 35 RealTracks that are not included with a Pro or MegaPAK purchase - adding even more versatility to what these can do! Sink your teeth into 25 rock/pop styles, 25 jazz/funk styles, 25 country/bluegrass styles, and 25 styles featuring a mix of genres ranging from high energy electro swing to ambient grooves and everything in between.

With the new Xtra Styles PAK 13, we're going to make the number thirteen lucky again! There are 200 new RealStyles for Rock/Pop, Jazz, Country, and Singer-Songwriter. Some examples of what's included: Mellow soundtrack rock, Americana country lullaby, western swing big band, coffee house jazz waltz, jazzy jump blues, songwriter gospel ballad, fast indie rock, vintage clav funk, country pop march, and much, much more!

And they're all ON SALE until July 15th! Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs or XPro Styles PAKs for only $29 per PAK (regular price $49 each)!

Purchase XPro Styles PAKs
Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs
Learn more & watch our video demonstrations

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac is here!

There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 13, XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until July 15, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase a Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages! For more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!), upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

How to: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Did you know that you can have multiple instances of Band-in-a-Box® open on your computer? There was a conversation about this recently on our Forum, so we put together this video explaining how: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

How to: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track (RealBand)

Using RealBand and wondering how to replace a MIDI track with an audio track?

We show you how in our RealBand®: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track
video!

How to: Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Do you want to record your MIDI keyboard into Band-in-a-Box®, but aren't sure where to start? This quick video is what you've been looking for! How to Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows.

User Guide: Working with MIDI

How to: Why Does My Song Keep Looping in Band-in-a-Box®?

Your Band-in-a-Box® song is looping, and you don't want it to - what do you do?

Fortunately, this is a program setting that can be adjusted - see how this is done: Band-in-a-Box®: Why Does My Song Keep Looping?

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

(Additional Song Preferences you might also find useful: Global Song Overrides)

How to: Copy Chords and Song Info from Band-in-a-Box® to a Document

Did you know that you can copy the chords and other details of your Band-in-a-Box song into a document? We show you how in this video: How to Copy Chords and Song Info from Band-in-a-Box® to a Document

Learn more about this feature: Online Manual - Copy/Paste Chords as Simple Text

Forum Stats
36172 Members
64 Forums
74780 Topics
656722 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Gorkin, wshutts, Mindi, ebbot, Blaulichtschutz

36172 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 244