Options
Index
#657710 - 05/29/21 07:30 AM [User Showcase] Nice Time After All
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Hi everyone,

I was away from the forum for some time, but see...
I'm back again! I made severall songs in the meantime. Some sad, one funny.
And I want this last one introduces my 'come back'. I hope you like it.
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130/nice-time-after-all

I also see a lot of songs from all of you. You weren't waiting for me. That's a very good thing!
I try to listen to most of them, but give me some time to do this.

My song was meant to become a sad song too, but than I changed everything. All those sad songs...

The lyrics are on my SoundCloud page (see the link).
The style is Outpoor. Key E and bpm 115.
Ohh, it starts with a harmonica...

Let me know what you think of it,
Hans

#657722 - 05/29/21 09:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Nice Time After All [Re: Birchwood]
Rustyspoon# Online   content
Veteran

Hi Bluezman Hans!
Cool tune. Harmonica yes! That was a perfect vegetable in the dinner you cooked! Too bad she decided to stay home...
Maybe she was trying to lose weight, and that was her polite excuse?
Mix is great, vocals are a bit loud, but not sss'y (which is a good thing). Solid production and that delay FX was great. Definitely of your better ones. Thank you for sharing.
Misha.

#657765 - 05/29/21 02:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Nice Time After All [Re: Birchwood]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Hans that was fantastic! Great intro and ending with some outstanding vocal work in between! Super harmonies and lyrics. I thought the mix was spot on!

Great work

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#657784 - 05/29/21 05:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Nice Time After All [Re: Birchwood]
Loc: Washington State
bluage Offline
Expert

Loc: Washington State
Hello, 'Birchwood'...

With this song, Nice Time After All, I believe you accomplished two things that most songwriters would like to claim for themselves: 1) You composed some blues music that is actually upbeat in its feeling, and made it swinging enough to get people up and onto the dance floor, I'm sure, and, (2) You wrote lyrics that told a story about a familiar problem in relationships, which is that lovers sometimes don't possess the courage, honesty and maturity to tell you directly to your face, "I'm not in love with you anymore," but instead act out these little passive/aggressive behavior dramas such as making dates and breaking them at the last minute with a sorry excuse. In short, you combined some good-time music with some bad-times romantic scenarios that both come together to make one heck of a song that is humorously topical and musically irresistible. I guess you got your creative batteries charged when you stepped back from the forum for a while, eh? Not a bad way to work!

Edited by bluage (05/29/21 05:40 PM)

#657912 - 05/30/21 11:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Nice Time After All [Re: Birchwood]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Ice the hear from you Hans. What a cool into. Made me sit-up in my chair :-)

Cool vocal. Loved the backtrack. Absolutely love that harp. Well done

#657921 - 05/30/21 01:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Nice Time After All [Re: Birchwood]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Janice immediately said it reminded her of the Traveling Wilburys ... a good thing.

Three stars here -- the vocals (love the fx), the write and the harp.

Tell that harp guy to hang around ... some of the best we heard from BiaB.

Welcome back.

Great re-entry to the forum!

J&B

#658074 - 05/31/21 08:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: Nice Time After All [Re: Rustyspoon#]
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Hi Misha!

You are the first I heard after the break...

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Hi Bluezman Hans!
Cool tune. Harmonica yes! That was a perfect vegetable in the dinner you cooked! Too bad she decided to stay home...
Maybe she was trying to lose weight, and that was her polite excuse?

It couldn't be my cooking. That is famous in the whole city of Haarlem!
So it's a mysterie why she acted like that And she was slim... I only know when it is over ;-)
Actually I made a very sad song. You can see a bit of that in the last chorus. It was nearly finished, but then I decided to change all that into a fun story.

But thanks a lot for listening and your compliments.
And the loudness of my voice? That was on purpose.
Hans

#658205 - 05/31/21 10:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Nice Time After All [Re: Birchwood]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Veteran

Loc: Maryland
Cool tune with good vocal and great harmonica. Which harmonica RT did you use? Good work!

#658209 - 05/31/21 10:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: Nice Time After All [Re: Birchwood]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hans

Nice work. A good mix, strong vocal - nice chorus and a good choice of RT's.

Most enjoyable.

Peter

#658245 - 06/01/21 03:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Nice Time After All [Re: Birchwood]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Man! I typed out a complete review and was about to press submit and it vanished frown

This is great, Hans, love the harmonica. I always like your vocal, and I really like the FX you used on them, very effective.

Good song, well mixed. Enjoyed!

#658251 - 06/01/21 04:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Nice Time After All [Re: Birchwood]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
AudioTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
This certainly is a great delivery, from every angle.

Lots of drive, lots of fun, top harmonica work throughout.

Everything has been slotted together really well. You made a sad song become a fun song in so many ways.
BIAB & RB2022 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#658253 - 06/01/21 04:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: Nice Time After All [Re: Birchwood]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
Hi, Hans. Not sure if my previous comment was removed or I didn't hit Submit button properly, but I'm back to annoy you with more accolades. I particularly like how you swing through the chorus, and the harmonica is a nice touch. Excellent vocal, and really cool dynamic moments.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 10

#658258 - 06/01/21 05:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Nice Time After All [Re: Birchwood]
Loc: SA, Australia
Ghostgum Offline
Journeyman

Loc: SA, Australia
Overall effect is very pleasing. Catchy song, great harmonies and interesting vocal fx. Shots and held chords perfectly placed. Love it.

#658273 - 06/01/21 06:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Nice Time After All [Re: Birchwood]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Hans,

You hit a home-run here. Everything about this is good.

A truly interesting write - with some nice humorous touches.

Excellent backing tracks. Good arrangement and a good mix.

Your best vocals ever. Love the effects.

Nice way to return to the forum.

Your best, I think. Much enjoyed!!

fj

#658302 - 06/01/21 09:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Nice Time After All [Re: Birchwood]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
Based on hearing it and loving it, my vote is that the harmonica was a hit! All the way around a song that has a bouncy groove. Very very cool!

Keep these coming! smile
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#658323 - 06/01/21 01:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Nice Time After All [Re: Scott C]
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Hi Mario, Bluage and Scott,

It is nice to hear from you again after my 'break'.
Just like it was yesterday.
Thanks very much for your replies and nice compliments.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Hans that was fantastic! Great intro and ending with some outstanding vocal work in between! Super harmonies and lyrics. I thought the mix was spot on!
Great work

The harmonica nearly didn't make it to this song. I had some guitars doing the solo's but I thought it would keep the song a bit dull.
Than I heard that guy with a huge burnout playing that harp. I had to do a lot of rendering before it sounded acceptable. Still, I removed it again, but then missed it. That's how the harp reached the final stage of this song. It is an old RT: nr. 685. Try it!

Originally Posted By: bluage
Hello, 'Birchwood'...

With this song, Nice Time After All, I believe you accomplished two things that most songwriters would like to claim for themselves: 1) You composed some blues music that is actually upbeat in its feeling, and made it swinging enough to get people up and onto the dance floor, I'm sure, and, (2) You wrote lyrics that told a story about a familiar problem in relationships, which is that lovers sometimes don't possess the courage, honesty and maturity to tell you directly to your face, "I'm not in love with you anymore," but instead act out these little passive/aggressive behavior dramas such as making dates and breaking them at the last minute with a sorry excuse. In short, you combined some good-time music with some bad-times romantic scenarios that both come together to make one heck of a song that is humorously topical and musically irresistible. I guess you got your creative batteries charged when you stepped back from the forum for a while, eh? Not a bad way to work!

Wow Bluage, that is some nice comment! I showed it to my sons, but they thought I wrote that myself. Terrible kids!
And to be honest about my batteries, no not really. But that had nothing to do with the forum. But I am happy to be back, that's for sure. Thanks for asking.

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Ice the hear from you Hans. What a cool into. Made me sit-up in my chair :-)
Cool vocal. Loved the backtrack. Absolutely love that harp. Well done

Hi Scott, I'm happy the song made you sit right up in that lazy chair of yours. As I wrote to Mario (above) the harp nearly didn't make it. But I'm glad it did.
Thanks for the nice comment. I think my next song will make you lie in your bed for the whole day...

Hans

#658411 - 06/01/21 11:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Nice Time After All [Re: Birchwood]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Hi Hans,

that's indeed pretty different than your other songs... I LOVE IT!

That harmonica blew me away right from the start - great rocking music, oerfect choice of backing tracks, really good lyrics and well sung. Fantastic choice of solo parts - brilliant!

Take care,

Stefan

#658420 - 06/02/21 02:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Nice Time After All [Re: Birchwood]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hey Hans ...

Welcome back! I, too, was absent for about three weeks. But, like you, I'm back.

This is a great song to reintroduce yourself. Loved everything about it. I think this is your very best vocal ... at least of the ones I've heard. Great way to put a little humor. And the harmonica was simply great! Congrats on a truly terrific song! Best to you ...

Alan

PS: Like several others have commented, I left comments on 5 or 6 songs 2 days ago and half of them disappeared. Hope this one stays.

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#658428 - 06/02/21 02:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Nice Time After All [Re: Birchwood]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
Hans,
each new song has your vocal performance taking giant steps forward.
Still a few too many effects but the strong voice carries the day.
It's a fun/sad story.

I notices as the song progressed that the 1st two lines of each verse and chorus had a REALLY strong melody that grabbed my attention.
Good mix - though the 2nd solo seemed to end abruptly - and a good choice of players.
Well done!

Edited by rayc (06/02/21 02:44 AM)

#658553 - 06/02/21 04:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Nice Time After All [Re: Birchwood]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Virginia USA
Welcome back, Hans!

Love that harmonica.

Your vocal is strong and sounding good!

The chorus really stands out.

Good song and production!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows® Boot Camp: Working with the Newest Features

Take a look at our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows® Boot Camp: Working with the Newest Features

In this video, we demonstrate how to use some of the newest features added with Band-in-a-Box® 2023, including Partial Re-Generation, Undo Track/Song Regeneration, Playable RealTracks, Master Track Automation, and more!

Watch: Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows® Boot Camp: Working with the Newest Features

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 DAW Plugin Version 5.0 is Here!

There are over 40 enhancements to the Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows DAW Plugin Version 5.0, including Drum Stems (separate tracks from the different microphones used during the actual recording sessions), 4 color schemes to choose from, enhanced chord settings, improved undo/redo operation, "Rebuild StylePicker" notification whenever rebuild is required, EZ RealTracks/RealDrums Folder Locations dialog and much more!

The DAW Plugin Version 5.0 is included with all Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows orders - and our 2023 upgrades are ON SALE until December 31st! Until then, save up to 50% - upgrade for as little as $49!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Videos - One-Stop Shopping!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows, we're creating videos summarizing the new features, explaining new features in detail, and showcasing the new Add-ons!

Whether it's a summary of the new features, demonstrations of the 222 new RealTracks, information on the 2023 49-PAK, demonstrations of our new XPro Styles PAK 4 and Xtra Styles PAKs 14 & 15, or detailed tutorials for other Band-in-a-Box® 2023 features, we have you covered!

Reference this forum post for One-Stop Shopping of our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Videos - we will be updating this post as more videos are added!

RealBand 2023 is Here!

Just released - RealBand 2023!

There are over 30 new features to RealBand 2023, including RealChart generation for RealDrums, MIDI Vocoder and Fix Tuning modes for Audio Harmonies, MicroChords (up to 4 chords per beat), RealDrum Stems support, Playable RealTracks to customize the RealTracks performances by adding your own notes, Reverse Audio Effects, easy Tab key navigation on the Chords Window, smoother mouse wheel operation on the Tracks Window, the EZ RealTracks/RealDrums folder locations dialog, and much more!

RealBand 2023 is included with all Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows orders - and our 2023 upgrades are ON SALE until December 31st! Until then, save up to 50% - upgrade for as little as $49!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows is here - and it's on SALE!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows is here, and it includes over 70 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows.

Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!

You don't need to go out and buy a Jukebox - if you're using Band-in-a-Box®, you already have one!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® SGU files within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening pleasure!

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box®, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual, here. Mac too!

Forum Stats
36786 Members
64 Forums
76272 Topics
674359 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
firesoundwave, D rose, salvomado1, acush, robg

36786 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 248
MusicStudent 196