Options
Index
#657833 - 05/30/21 12:27 AM [User Showcase] You - Featuring Di
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

You (Remix) - Featuring Di

Di and I wrote this back in 2011 for an opportunity. It got selected - made all of $600.00 for the license. It was originally created on a different music program. I redid the music in BIAB a couple of days ago and mixed in the vocal earlier today. The description of what the buyer wanted included "... mid-tempo Bossa Nova. Make it sweet and simple. Looking for a mid 1960s sound." The lyric is barely shy of cheesy, but it got the job done.

Although the music tracks were created in BIAB 2021, Di's vocal is the original recording from 2011. Her current health issues don't make it possible for her to sing at an acceptable quality. She rarely has the strength to sing a complete song. She says "Hi!" to everyone.

For the first time, I used Soundcloud's mastering option. I get either 3 or 4 (not sure which) songs mastered free every month with my upgraded plan. I was very pleasantly surprised with the improvement.

Been away from the site for quite a while. Life sometimes hijacks your premade plans. Will be over to catch up an few recent posts over the weekend. Will see some of you then.

You

© 2011 Alan D. David, BMI / Diana Randall, BMI
(v1)
You, light up my stars at night
You, make everything so right
I don’t know what I’d do
If you ever went away

(v2)
You, lift my spirits high
You can always make me sigh
I pray to God each night
That you’ll always want to stay

CHORUS
If you ever said goodbye
I don’t know what I’d do
There would be nothing left
Of me without you

Instrumental Verse

(v3)
You, are the life of me
You set my spirit free
Without you I’d never be
The woman I’ve become

(v4)
You, you’ll never know how much
You can thrill me with your touch
It’s like magic when we kiss
When our hearts melt into one

Repeat Chorus

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Key=B Tempo 109, Length (m:s)=3:13

Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,

Style is _ARVORES.STY (Arvores Bossa Trio Rhythm Guitar)

RealTracks in style: ~921:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 110
RealTracks in song: ~925:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Bossa Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 710:Guitar, Nylon-Elec, Rhythm Bossa Ev 140 (B:energetic)
Loop in Song: Drums\BossaBrushesPerc^1-congas,perc
RealTracks in song: 704:Flute, Soloist Bossa Ev 140
RealDrums [in style:BossaBrushes: a: Sidestick Brushes b: Sidestick, Ride

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#657863 - 05/30/21 06:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: You - Featuring Di [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Christchurch, New Zealand
NigelSpiers Offline
Expert

Loc: Christchurch, New Zealand
Hi Alan,

I love a good Bossa and this is a beauty!

Vocals - Great
Backing - Very nice
Song - Excellent
Lyrics - I like the different rhyming patterns in the verse and chorus.

You've inspired me to write a Bossa tune.

Best Regards
Nigel

#657867 - 05/30/21 06:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: You - Featuring Di [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
Hi Di!! This is great Alan & Di. What a gift of talent to be able to deliver such a treasure on demand. I, too, love the feel of bossa and you guys carry it out as easily as a palm tree played by a breeze. I'm swaying to my 2nd play and already know I'm gonna push play again as soon as it stops because I miss the sound that much. Thanks for taking the time to share it, Alan. Stay well.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 9

#657876 - 05/30/21 06:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: You - Featuring Di [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
AudioTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
David and Di, 'You' together have collectively delivered an extremely pleasant production.

There's lots to like about this. A perfect tempo, quality vocal, excellent selection of instrumentation.

The mix is superb. Yes, no question, a great production.
BIAB & RB2022 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#657915 - 05/30/21 12:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: You - Featuring Di [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Nice to hear Di signing. Lovely song. Alan. Well done

#657943 - 05/30/21 02:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: You - Featuring Di [Re: Scott C]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
WOW Di was a fantastic singer!

This is a winner for sure, super groove, great vocal, all in the perfect mix.

Al you did a fantastic job mixing and older vocal track with today's BiaB.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#657959 - 05/30/21 03:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: You - Featuring Di [Re: NigelSpiers]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Hi Alan,

I love a good Bossa and this is a beauty!

Vocals - Great
Backing - Very nice
Song - Excellent
Lyrics - I like the different rhyming patterns in the verse and chorus.

You've inspired me to write a Bossa tune.

Best Regards
Nigel

Hi Nigel ...

Many thanks for the very kind comments. Looking forward to hearing your Bossa! Glad you enjoyed it. Take care. Best to you.

Alan

#657961 - 05/30/21 03:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: You - Featuring Di [Re: BabuMusic]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Hi Di!! This is great Alan & Di. What a gift of talent to be able to deliver such a treasure on demand. I, too, love the feel of bossa and you guys carry it out as easily as a palm tree played by a breeze. I'm swaying to my 2nd play and already know I'm gonna push play again as soon as it stops because I miss the sound that much. Thanks for taking the time to share it, Alan. Stay well.

Hey Marty ...

Great to hear from you. So happy you enjoyed the song. The next 4 or 5 songs I post will be spec songs ... written, of course, on demand. We've had pretty good success, over the past year or so, with licensing a few songs here and there. Can't live on it, but it's made a few car payments and bought a couple of steak dinners!

Sure do appreciate those multiple listens. Wishing you nothing but the very best.

Alan

#657962 - 05/30/21 03:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: You - Featuring Di [Re: AudioTrack]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
David and Di, 'You' together have collectively delivered an extremely pleasant production.

There's lots to like about this. A perfect tempo, quality vocal, excellent selection of instrumentation.

The mix is superb. Yes, no question, a great production.

VT ...

You are much too kind. But ... don't stop; we can take it! Very pleased you appreciate the various aspects of the song. Many thanks for letting us know. Best to you.

Alan

#657963 - 05/30/21 03:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: You - Featuring Di [Re: Scott C]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Nice to hear Di signing. Lovely song. Alan. Well done

Thanks so much, Scott. The vocal was done about 10 years ago, but the BIAB tracks are fresh - a couple of days old. Thanks for the listen and very kind words. Wishing you everything good. Take care ...

Alan

#657965 - 05/30/21 03:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: You - Featuring Di [Re: MarioD]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
WOW Di was a fantastic singer!

This is a winner for sure, super groove, great vocal, all in the perfect mix.

Al you did a fantastic job mixing and older vocal track with today's BiaB.

Hello Mario ...

So nice to hear from one of my very favorite upstate New Yorkers. Many thanks for the really nice comments. The most difficult part of integrating the vocal track with the new BIAB tracks was getting the timing as close to perfect as possible. It took a lot of repeats on the track alignment to get it done, but it all worked out okay. Thanks again! Best to you.

Alan

Edited by Al-David (05/30/21 11:47 PM)

#657984 - 05/30/21 06:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: You - Featuring Di [Re: Al-David]
Loc: United States
Ronnie Fields Offline
Journeyman

Loc: United States
Reminds me of a time when I played bass in a 4 piece combo, and we played company parties and such as that, what a wonderful reminder, great song.

#658007 - 05/30/21 10:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: You - Featuring Di [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Washington State
bluage Offline
Expert

Loc: Washington State
Hello, 'Al-David' & Ms. Di...

You really think the "lyric is barely shy of being cheesy" ??? Okay, then, show me where the 'cheesy' lyrics are, please. In that verse? In this one? Where?

Mr. David and Ms. Di, I don't hear anything but the sound of fresh, pure, exuberantly exposed, unapologetic words of eternally regenerative L-O-V-E floating on the wings of music from one giving heart and into the eternally grateful and accepting heart of another! Your selection of the ARVORES.STY Real Style was stunning in that its perfectly languid tempo combined with your flowing, subtle chordal progressions to throw the widest spectrum of romantic hues and shades over the song. In turn, Ms. Di obviously infused the essence of your lyrics into her soul of souls and responded to them with heartfelt emotion. The vibrato in her voice was as warm, as sweet, and as clear as birdsong in the morning.

I don't care how long ago this song was created. You and Ms. Di have graced this User's Forum with a timeless thing of beauty and a simple affirmation of the taste and feel and the touch of true love. Nothing "cheesy" about that!

Edited by bluage (05/30/21 10:07 PM)

#658047 - 05/31/21 06:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: You - Featuring Di [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Di & Alan...

Always good to see/hear you back this way again...

Beautiful vocal, Di!

Nice tracks.

"...barely shy of cheesy"... HA! that works for this - nicely!!

Good mix.

A pleasure to listen to. (needless to say...)

fj

#658064 - 05/31/21 08:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: You - Featuring Di [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Way to go! Great to hear one of your songs again. Di has a lovely voice and great phrasing. Your audio production almost always sounds radio ready and professional quality.

Great to see you both back in the forum.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#658170 - 05/31/21 05:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: You - Featuring Di [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Expert

Loc: Virginia USA
You hit the target on the mark with this song... spot on with the period genre.

I really enjoyed the composition, production, and performance.

Wonderfully done Al and Di!

#658188 - 05/31/21 09:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: You - Featuring Di [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
That's a jazzy vibrato and a half on Di. I could listen to that for hours. Great work converting it to BIAB, I'm usually not successful with tasks like that. What a treasure the two of you are!

#658199 - 05/31/21 09:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: You - Featuring Di [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
Great to hear from the pair of you.
Ace song and a wonderful vocal. the updated BIAB backing is really well arranged.
Clever fellow.
Well done all round.

#658216 - 05/31/21 10:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: You - Featuring Di [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Alan & Di

Lovely song beautifully sung and "remixed".

A pleasure from start to finish.

Peter

#658231 - 05/31/21 11:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: You - Featuring Di [Re: Ronnie Fields]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Ronnie Fields
Reminds me of a time when I played bass in a 4 piece combo, and we played company parties and such as that, what a wonderful reminder, great song.

Hi Ronnie ...

Thank you so much! And yeah, I remember those days of playing live all the time.! I sure do miss them ... but my wife's health precludes me from being away from her more than a few hours at a time.

Glad you enjoyed the song ... thanks for letting us know! best to you ...

Alan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
New Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Add-ons are Here!

We're excited to say that we've just released some amazing new RealStyles with XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows or Mac!

XPro Styles PAK 2 includes 100 fresh new RealStyles that will up the utility and fun factor of the Band-in-a-Box® Pro version by adding 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles! XPro Styles PAK 3 goes even further - not only is it packed 100 new RealStyles, it includes 35 RealTracks that are not included with a Pro or MegaPAK purchase - adding even more versatility to what these can do! Sink your teeth into 25 rock/pop styles, 25 jazz/funk styles, 25 country/bluegrass styles, and 25 styles featuring a mix of genres ranging from high energy electro swing to ambient grooves and everything in between.

With the new Xtra Styles PAK 13, we're going to make the number thirteen lucky again! There are 200 new RealStyles for Rock/Pop, Jazz, Country, and Singer-Songwriter. Some examples of what's included: Mellow soundtrack rock, Americana country lullaby, western swing big band, coffee house jazz waltz, jazzy jump blues, songwriter gospel ballad, fast indie rock, vintage clav funk, country pop march, and much, much more!

And they're all ON SALE until July 15th! Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs or XPro Styles PAKs for only $29 per PAK (regular price $49 each)!

Purchase XPro Styles PAKs
Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs
Learn more & watch our video demonstrations

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac is here!

There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 13, XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until July 15, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase a Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages! For more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!), upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

How to: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Did you know that you can have multiple instances of Band-in-a-Box® open on your computer? There was a conversation about this recently on our Forum, so we put together this video explaining how: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

How to: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track (RealBand)

Using RealBand and wondering how to replace a MIDI track with an audio track?

We show you how in our RealBand®: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track
video!

How to: Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Do you want to record your MIDI keyboard into Band-in-a-Box®, but aren't sure where to start? This quick video is what you've been looking for! How to Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows.

User Guide: Working with MIDI

How to: Why Does My Song Keep Looping in Band-in-a-Box®?

Your Band-in-a-Box® song is looping, and you don't want it to - what do you do?

Fortunately, this is a program setting that can be adjusted - see how this is done: Band-in-a-Box®: Why Does My Song Keep Looping?

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

(Additional Song Preferences you might also find useful: Global Song Overrides)

How to: Copy Chords and Song Info from Band-in-a-Box® to a Document

Did you know that you can copy the chords and other details of your Band-in-a-Box song into a document? We show you how in this video: How to Copy Chords and Song Info from Band-in-a-Box® to a Document

Learn more about this feature: Online Manual - Copy/Paste Chords as Simple Text

Forum Stats
36173 Members
64 Forums
74781 Topics
656757 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Encelia, Gorkin, wshutts, Mindi, ebbot

36173 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 246