Options
Index
#665415 - 07/23/21 09:01 PM [User Showcase] Some Days Are Diamonds
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Some Days Are Diamonds

(Not the John Denver song - which came up when I was searching around).....

Leon - Lyrics and vocals.
I sang a bit of harmony and played a little bit of slide near the end.

(There is a bit of noise in the intro guitar RT that I couldn't get rid of but I liked what he played).

The Band
RealTracks in song: 2938:Bass, Fretless Electric Slow12-8Rene Sw 065
RealTracks in style: ~529:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 065
RealTracks in style: 2931:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SongwriterSwingColin Sw 075
Loop in Song: Drums\Pop128^3-Brushes,Ride
RealTracks in song: 2047:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment CountrySwingJohn Sw 085
RealDrums [in Song:ShakerSwing8ths: a: Shaker b: ShakerSwing8ths

Some days are diamonds

Some days nothing comes
Try as you might
Dive down into the depths
Nothing comes to light
Some days it all makes sense
It all falls into place
But on a day like this
That’s not the case

Some days are diamonds
Some days are coal
Some days you’re reaching for the stars
Some days you’re deep down in the hole

Some nights I can’t sleep
Though I’m tired to the bone
Some nights I crave a little company
At times I’m glad to be alone
Some memories are like old friends
So glad when they emerge
Missed chances, though, and old regrets
Are best left undisturbed

Some days are diamonds
Some days are coal

Some days the fates are with you
The wind is in your sails
Then hope turns to ashes in your mouth
Every venture doomed to fail

You know the story of Prometheus
Bound and chained to his stone
Every night the eagle tears out his liver
Come the day it has regrown
Time doesn’t flow like a river
Some say time is an illusion
Time is fluid, time is relative
That only adds to my confusion

I’ve had days that never seemed to end
Some days blink and you miss them
I’ve heard ideas that caused my mind to bend
Never easy to dismiss them

Some days are diamonds
Some days are coal

Edited by PeterF (07/23/21 09:03 PM)

#665431 - 07/24/21 04:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Peter & Leon,

Love this... Great world-weary delivery and some great writing. Excellent mix as well.

Bob

#665442 - 07/24/21 05:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
I'm not familiar with the Denver one, but I love this one, Peter. Great build, and I love the lyrics. It's cool how you come up with the changes and melody and Leon adds the words that make it all come alive. Leon's vocal is always top-notch. Man, you have a wonderful gift for lyrics, Leon. Each verse is a new gift, and the chorus brings it all together. Outstanding collab guys.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 10

#665444 - 07/24/21 05:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Gulf Coast
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Loc: Gulf Coast
Peter & Leon, Love it! I'll ditto +1 Bob's comment above and add that you two write so well together.
I'd like a few days that are diamonds - I've spent too many days deep down in the hole. grin
My new fav of yours.

Josie

#665467 - 07/24/21 08:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
Loc: United States
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: United States
Peter,

Great job on this! Kind of a melancholy tune that the backing suits really well!

"Missed chances, though, and old regrets
Are best left undisturbed" ... Amen to that!

Nice vocal and bgvox! Slide part fits just right and sounds good! Thanks, Torrey

#665473 - 07/24/21 09:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
F.M.M. Offline
Veteran

Hi Peter and Leon excellent work guys love the lyrics, really well done and peter you always put the right guitar work in. it always complements the songs you do, so well done guys Eric
AMD (TM) 8150 3.60 GHz Eight Core Processor 64 bit windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card delta 1010 pci card 500 ssd drive 3 other drives guitars 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100 pedal Carvin SRS Studio reference series

#665509 - 07/24/21 02:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: rsdean]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Peter & Leon,

Love this... Great world-weary delivery and some great writing. Excellent mix as well.

Bob

Thanks Bob

Peter

#665516 - 07/24/21 03:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Peter & Leon,
I enjoyed the contrast between the weary feel of the lyrics with the warmth of Leon`s vocal.
The turn into Greek mythology was a bit of a surprise, but its one guy`s rambling on life, so it fits.
Really nice harmonies on the chorus and sweet slide from Peter.
Very good!

Robert

#665588 - 07/25/21 04:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hi Peter and Leon,

"Some nights I can’t sleep
Though I’m tired to the bone
Some nights I crave a little company
At times I’m glad to be alone"

Nice!

Great vocal, and great harmonies too.

Nice dynamics, I like the way the track builds. And always love hearing Peter on the slide.

Good one guys!

#665610 - 07/25/21 07:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Leon & Peter,

Excellent write. Really like it.

Terrific tracks, nice arrangement/production. Really like that, too. Nice slide, Peter...

Good vocal (as always).
I'm listening in headphones (varies from day to day) and I found the vocal to be a bit too bright and, perhaps a bit too "out front". With that backing, and the subject matter, I thought they (the vocal) could use a little more "warmth". (But, no one else mentioned anything about that, so it might just be the 'phones I'm using...)

I like it. A lot.

fj

#665611 - 07/25/21 08:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
Excellent title to get noticed. Great lyrics very easy to relate to, I've been there - many times. I was going to quote some lines, but I noticed that I would have to quote the whole song. Many great observations, truths and philosophical thoughts. The interpretation is excellent, really enjoyed the vocals. The build up by introducing new instruments is great, the ending solo could have been longer.

Janne

Soundcloud
YouTube

#665628 - 07/25/21 11:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
Tangmo Offline
Expert

Love that chorus. It describes at least 6 out of 7 days every damn week these days. Great build in the band that never runs completely away. You phrasing has big hints of Dylan...a bit rushed and conversational...really effective. Sounds good too.
BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground

#665633 - 07/25/21 12:00 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Belgium
Derochette Offline
Expert

Loc: Belgium
Hi PeterF,

Superb reflection by your lyrics on the life we ​​live. Beautiful suite of chords. The chorus with this double voice is really well done. I appreciated.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

#665668 - 07/25/21 02:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: BabuMusic]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
I'm not familiar with the Denver one, but I love this one, Peter. Great build, and I love the lyrics. It's cool how you come up with the changes and melody and Leon adds the words that make it all come alive. Leon's vocal is always top-notch. Man, you have a wonderful gift for lyrics, Leon. Each verse is a new gift, and the chorus brings it all together. Outstanding collab guys.

Thanks Marty - wasn't familiar with Denver myself.
Appreciate the comments.

Peter

#665677 - 07/25/21 04:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Denmark
Will Josef Offline
Expert

Loc: Denmark
Some songs are diamonds
Some songs make you reach the stars

Masterpiece!
Will

#665685 - 07/25/21 05:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: Will Josef]
justanoldmuso Offline
Expert

excellent lyrics.
so many lines in the song are true about life.

nice
om

https://soundcloud.com/user-302791555/tracks

#665810 - 07/26/21 03:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: Sundance]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Peter & Leon, Love it! I'll ditto +1 Bob's comment above and add that you two write so well together.
I'd like a few days that are diamonds - I've spent too many days deep down in the hole. grin
My new fav of yours.

Josie

Thanks Josie. Hopefully more Diamond days.

Peter

#665811 - 07/26/21 03:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: Torrey Bliss]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Peter,

Great job on this! Kind of a melancholy tune that the backing suits really well!

"Missed chances, though, and old regrets
Are best left undisturbed" ... Amen to that!

Nice vocal and bgvox! Slide part fits just right and sounds good! Thanks, Torrey

Appreciate the comments Torrey.

Peter

#665847 - 07/27/21 03:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Birchwood Offline
Expert

Loc: Netherlands, Haarlem
Hi Leon and Peter,

On SoundCloud I wrote "thoughtful and sensitive", because that is what this song is.
And is it beautifully performed by the both of you, packed in a very nice melody.

It was very enjoyable listening to (and think about),
Hans

#665950 - 07/27/21 04:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: F.M.M.]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
Hi Peter and Leon excellent work guys love the lyrics, really well done and peter you always put the right guitar work in. it always complements the songs you do, so well done guys Eric

Thanks a lot Eric.

peter

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows® Boot Camp: Working with the Newest Features

Take a look at our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows® Boot Camp: Working with the Newest Features

In this video, we demonstrate how to use some of the newest features added with Band-in-a-Box® 2023, including Partial Re-Generation, Undo Track/Song Regeneration, Playable RealTracks, Master Track Automation, and more!

Watch: Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows® Boot Camp: Working with the Newest Features

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 DAW Plugin Version 5.0 is Here!

There are over 40 enhancements to the Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows DAW Plugin Version 5.0, including Drum Stems (separate tracks from the different microphones used during the actual recording sessions), 4 color schemes to choose from, enhanced chord settings, improved undo/redo operation, "Rebuild StylePicker" notification whenever rebuild is required, EZ RealTracks/RealDrums Folder Locations dialog and much more!

The DAW Plugin Version 5.0 is included with all Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows orders - and our 2023 upgrades are ON SALE until December 31st! Until then, save up to 50% - upgrade for as little as $49!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Videos - One-Stop Shopping!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows, we're creating videos summarizing the new features, explaining new features in detail, and showcasing the new Add-ons!

Whether it's a summary of the new features, demonstrations of the 222 new RealTracks, information on the 2023 49-PAK, demonstrations of our new XPro Styles PAK 4 and Xtra Styles PAKs 14 & 15, or detailed tutorials for other Band-in-a-Box® 2023 features, we have you covered!

Reference this forum post for One-Stop Shopping of our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Videos - we will be updating this post as more videos are added!

RealBand 2023 is Here!

Just released - RealBand 2023!

There are over 30 new features to RealBand 2023, including RealChart generation for RealDrums, MIDI Vocoder and Fix Tuning modes for Audio Harmonies, MicroChords (up to 4 chords per beat), RealDrum Stems support, Playable RealTracks to customize the RealTracks performances by adding your own notes, Reverse Audio Effects, easy Tab key navigation on the Chords Window, smoother mouse wheel operation on the Tracks Window, the EZ RealTracks/RealDrums folder locations dialog, and much more!

RealBand 2023 is included with all Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows orders - and our 2023 upgrades are ON SALE until December 31st! Until then, save up to 50% - upgrade for as little as $49!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows is here - and it's on SALE!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows is here, and it includes over 70 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows.

Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!

You don't need to go out and buy a Jukebox - if you're using Band-in-a-Box®, you already have one!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® SGU files within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening pleasure!

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box®, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual, here. Mac too!

Forum Stats
36786 Members
64 Forums
76273 Topics
674368 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
firesoundwave, D rose, salvomado1, acush, robg

36786 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 248
Matt Finley 197