Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#665951 - 07/27/21 04:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: Robertkc]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Peter & Leon,
I enjoyed the contrast between the weary feel of the lyrics with the warmth of Leon`s vocal.
The turn into Greek mythology was a bit of a surprise, but its one guy`s rambling on life, so it fits.
Really nice harmonies on the chorus and sweet slide from Peter.
Very good!

Robert

Appreciate the review Robert.

Peter

#666006 - 07/28/21 09:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool tune guys. I can see sitting around the fire with guitars and singing this tune. Loved the acoustics. Slide was excellent Peter.

#666036 - 07/28/21 03:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: BlueAttitude]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Hi Peter and Leon,

"Some nights I can’t sleep
Though I’m tired to the bone
Some nights I crave a little company
At times I’m glad to be alone"

Nice!

Great vocal, and great harmonies too.

Nice dynamics, I like the way the track builds. And always love hearing Peter on the slide.

Good one guys!

Thanks a lot Dave.

Peter

#666037 - 07/28/21 03:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: floyd jane]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Leon & Peter,

Excellent write. Really like it.

Terrific tracks, nice arrangement/production. Really like that, too. Nice slide, Peter...

Good vocal (as always).
I'm listening in headphones (varies from day to day) and I found the vocal to be a bit too bright and, perhaps a bit too "out front". With that backing, and the subject matter, I thought they (the vocal) could use a little more "warmth". (But, no one else mentioned anything about that, so it might just be the 'phones I'm using...)

I like it. A lot.

fj

Appreciate all the comments floyd.

Peter

#666040 - 07/28/21 04:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Peter & Leon, Love it!

Great vocal, outstanding lyrics and mix.

Loved the intro.

Two thumbs up

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#666200 - 07/29/21 02:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
"Some days are diamonds
Some days are coal
Some days you’re reaching for the stars
Some days you’re deep down in the hole"

Diamonds in the sky and coal dug from down in the hole...what great references and overall write!

"Some memories are like old friends
So glad when they emerge
Missed chances, though, and old regrets
Are best left undisturbed"

Wow!

"I’ve had days that never seemed to end
Some days blink and you miss them"

Double Wow!

Terrific write, lead vocal, harmony, slide and mix.

The harmony blend is excellent.

Wonderful arrangement from the acoustic intro to the drum build to the slide outro.

Excellent guys!

J&B

#666232 - 07/29/21 07:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: jannesan]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Excellent title to get noticed. Great lyrics very easy to relate to, I've been there - many times. I was going to quote some lines, but I noticed that I would have to quote the whole song. Many great observations, truths and philosophical thoughts. The interpretation is excellent, really enjoyed the vocals. The build up by introducing new instruments is great, the ending solo could have been longer.

Janne

Thanks a lot Janne I'm sure Leon appreciates the comments on the lyrics.

Peter

#666238 - 07/29/21 10:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Really enjoyed this!

Lots of elements that are excellent, but kudos especially on the lyrics and vocals - nice write, and the vocals really do it justice.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#666338 - 07/30/21 06:47 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
Rustyspoon# Offline
Veteran

Leon & Peter

Nice work! Lyrics are very strong on this tune. Leon, your poetry is always inspiring, but this stands out. Excellent phrasing and vocals. Rolls very smoothly. Good mix and fun slide playing! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

#666354 - 07/30/21 09:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Peter,

I had listened to this a few days back, but didn’t have a chance to post feedback . . . which is all good, because I got to get to listen to this one again. Love the arrangement on this . . . those stops and harmonies in the chorus are brilliant. Leon does a lovely job on the vocal . . . pretty harmonies. I think my favorite from you boys—well done, gents!

All my best,

Deej

#666359 - 07/31/21 02:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: Tangmo]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Love that chorus. It describes at least 6 out of 7 days every damn week these days. Great build in the band that never runs completely away. You phrasing has big hints of Dylan...a bit rushed and conversational...really effective. Sounds good too.

Thanks appreciate the Dylan comment.

Peter

#666360 - 07/31/21 02:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Sweden
Alexander Paul Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Sweden
Good song with a fitting arrangement. I like how quickly you get into the song after the short intro and how the focus stays on the vocals.

#666366 - 07/31/21 03:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: PeterF]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
Nice, nice, nice.
Well done Leon & Peter.
My ony crit is that the accent cymbal seems to hit a little early in relation to the vocal.
Harmonies & slide fit the song like they were conceived in the writing.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#666500 - 07/31/21 10:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: Derochette]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi PeterF,

Superb reflection by your lyrics on the life we ​​live. Beautiful suite of chords. The chorus with this double voice is really well done. I appreciated.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Thanks a lot.

Peter

#666501 - 07/31/21 10:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: Will Josef]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Some songs are diamonds
Some songs make you reach the stars

Masterpiece!
Will

Too kind.

Peter

#666611 - 08/01/21 09:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: justanoldmuso]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
excellent lyrics.
so many lines in the song are true about life.

nice
om

Appreciate the comments.

Peter

#666612 - 08/01/21 09:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: Birchwood]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Leon and Peter,

On SoundCloud I wrote "thoughtful and sensitive", because that is what this song is.
And is it beautifully performed by the both of you, packed in a very nice melody.

It was very enjoyable listening to (and think about),
Hans

Thanks Hans

Peter

#666613 - 08/01/21 09:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: Scott C]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool tune guys. I can see sitting around the fire with guitars and singing this tune. Loved the acoustics. Slide was excellent Peter.

Thanks Scott - sounds like a fine idea.

peter

#666732 - 08/02/21 06:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: MarioD]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Peter & Leon, Love it!

Great vocal, outstanding lyrics and mix.

Loved the intro.

Two thumbs up

Thanks Mario

Peter

#666733 - 08/02/21 06:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Some Days Are Diamonds [Re: Janice & Bud]
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"Some days are diamonds
Some days are coal
Some days you’re reaching for the stars
Some days you’re deep down in the hole"

Diamonds in the sky and coal dug from down in the hole...what great references and overall write!

"Some memories are like old friends
So glad when they emerge
Missed chances, though, and old regrets
Are best left undisturbed"

Wow!

"I’ve had days that never seemed to end
Some days blink and you miss them"

Double Wow!

Terrific write, lead vocal, harmony, slide and mix.

The harmony blend is excellent.

Wonderful arrangement from the acoustic intro to the drum build to the slide outro.

Excellent guys!

J&B

Bud & Janice

Thanks for the lovely review we both appreciate the support.

Peter

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® - Boxing Clever - Sound on Sound #TBT

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® is more than 30 years old? I stumbled across this 1990 magazine article explaining the relatively new program, and think it's an enjoyable read for any Band-in-a-Box user - it really shows that we are always listening to user feedback when developing our program!

Read the article: Boxing Clever: Band-In-A-Box Software

A few of my favorite statements:

"The intention of PG Music's Band-In-A-Box package is to couple that speed and convenience with the improved flexibility of the personal computer. Versions are available for the Atari ST, Mac, and PC compatibles. Have the programmers succeeded? And can they rid themselves of the stigma of the auto-accompaniment section? Given the above state of affairs, the first hurdle that the program has to overcome is one of acceptance and, frankly, a name like 'Band-In-A-Box' is a bad start."

(I think our name was a great start!)

"The final results are, to say the least, impressive. Band-In-A-Box achieves something that most hardwired auto-accompaniment sections have never been able to do - inject a degree of feel into the music. It really does sound more human than so many of the computer generated pieces I've heard."

"...I'm quite convinced that PG Music will have a winner on their hands. This is one piece of software that you can get more out of than you put in."

#TipTuesday Convert RealDrums to MIDI!

Did you know that you can convert RealDrums to MIDI?

VintageGibson shared this tip to our Tips & Tricks forum, which is a great place to look for program tips from other Band-in-a-Box users!

Read this handy trick.

Have a program tip or trick of your own? Share it on our Tips & Tricks forum today!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Italian for Mac is Here!

Abbiamo lavorato tanto e abbiamo aggiunto 80 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria collezione di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi Strumentali, Performance degli Artisti, Bonus RealDrums "Singoli", trascrizioni RealDrums, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAKs 10 e 11, e altro ancora!

Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Export / Print a List of Selected Styles (Band-in-a-Box®)

Did you know that you can export a list of your Styles from Band-in-a-Box®?

Head to this forum post in our "Tips & Tricks" forum, where VideoTrack shares another handy tip for Band-in-a-Box® users!

Band-in-a-Box® Chord List Resource

Ever wonder which chords are supported in Band-in-a-Box®? Access the information from the Help file in the program, or read through the list with our Online Manual!

Chord List - Mac Online Manual
Chord List - Windows Online Manual

Review the other Reference topcs while you're there - with explanations of the different menus and the Keystroke Commands (Hot Keys), you'll definitely learn something new!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 contient quelques 80 fonctionnalités inédites!

Nous avons beaucoup travaillé pour offrir à Band-in-a-Box® 2021® cette étonnante panoplie de quelques 80 fonctions inédites et sa collection de contenus originaux à savoir : 202 RealTracks, des RealStyles inédits, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes Instrument, des Performances Artiste, un Bonus RealDrums "Solo", des transcriptions RealDrums, les MultiStyles PAK 1, les Xtra Styles PAKs 10 et 11, et bien plus encore!

Achat | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

VIDEO: Band-in-a-Box® Works Great in Windows®11!

Here's an introductory look at Band-in-a-Box® running on the preview version of Windows® 11!

Watch the video.

Forum Stats
34882 Members
66 Forums
70864 Topics
613642 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Alex Di Carvalho, Ane Atsuko, tizzacd70, KeithJL, CRAZY6SYRINGS

34882 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 186