Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#668560 08/14/21 01:46 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Folks.
Not me again! Here is my new tune deposited to the PGmusic vault. Just having fun. It was an interesting project to work on phrasing. Unfortunately my accent stands in a way of lyric clarity. (That is why Hiogi fans sound like coyote pants) Working on it smile Critical comments are always (!) welcomed. Thank you for giving his time.

Playing Sitar

He  walked out when it was raining, he came back when the sun was shining high in the sky.
Memories fading, no tears left to cry,  but he can:
hear the mice running around, feeling the snowflakes fall to the ground, talking to the stray dogs, jumping in the wood clogs,
laughing at the funerals,  grieving at the weddings.
Flying on the rug. Catching shadows with bare hands dancing with  Hiogi fans playing sitar.

She came when the show was over and the whole town was drunk,
even bees could not find the clover,  only the atheist argued with monk.
She was deaf to the words flying like arrows, she put on her paper sombrero.
Walking on the tall hills made of Damascus steel. Laughing at the sunset crying at fiesta.
Flying on a rug. Catching shadows with bare hands dancing with Hiogi fans playing sitar.

They met when the bullets were flying,
Earth was rattling like drums.
While  everybody was hiding, they stood upon miserable slums.
Hearing the music of electric wires, swaying tongues of a hungry fire,
whispers of the embers, prayers of pretenders,
laughing at eternity, crying over spilled milk. Flying on the rug. They were playing sitar.

Tech stuff:
BIAB:
3556:Bass, Electric, DancehallClassicAB Ev16 090
1155:Organ, B3, Rhythm Reggae Ev16 100
1154:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Reggae Ev16 100
3377:Mandolin, BackgroundSoloist OldTimeBonfireAndy Ev16 110
2622:Organ, Rhythm FunkSwing16 Sw16 085
 2669:Pedal Steel, Background CountryRockBoogie Sw 110
RealDrums  Classic w Ribbon Crasher 
--

Synths of Kontakt, recorded in Cakewalk. I played small parts on melodica. lyrics, vocals, arrangement - me

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Misha,
you teased me...I was waiting for a sitar to appear in the mix.
Once I was passed the lack of that I was pulled into the song and story.
Hiogi? I looked it up and it seems to have a variety of connections and meanings and I, initially, though it was fans of Hiogi then twigged that fans of fans is the plan.
I thought your pronunciations was great and I heard those two words as written.
The two vocal extremes at the end were fun...you do the craggy, deep voice really well.
That was fun and I learnt a thing or two in the process.
No nits, no picking - loved it.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Misha

Another example of your incredible creativity.

Wonderful work - thoroughly engaging.

Excellent all round (could have done with a sitar solo..... smile )

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is organized chaos and I love it.
Good fun.
Rob4580

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
That's so much fun, Misha. Really outstanding in many ways. As far as I can hear, your diction is superb --maybe even too good for many genres. Right from the first downbeat I was enthralled by the reggae feel that sounded more Eastern, Then, by the time you sing "...wedding," I became entranced by all the cool stuff you add, especially with your voice. A really fun listen.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Ray,
Thank you for listening and your feedback! I am waiting for Sitar too smile I tried do keyboard play some sitar sections, but came out too weak. I will have to revisit R. Shankar. Hiogi fan- Japanese wooden fan. Was thinking of Kabuki motif.
--
Peter,
Thank you for kind words! Yes, excellent idea on solo! Some sitar music I have heard deals with a "conversation" of one instrument to another (example: tabla-sitar-tabla), B3 is kind of dense, it might be tricky to inject something that will work, but I will give it a shot.

---

Rob,
Thank you for listening and your positive feedback here and on SC.

---

Marty,
Thank you for giving this time, your support and kind feedback!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Misha,

This song has such drive and power.

Outstanding vocal and overall production.

Excellent!

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Misha,

I had the same expectation as Ray wrote. I thought a sitar would steal the show, but as Rob described it, it was organised chaos, but beautifully performed!
I also looked up what Hiogi fans are. Now I know it is a very old Japanese fan meant for special occasions. It goed back to the 14th century, I read. So how on earth can you come up with this? I am pleasantly amazed!

The lyrics are very well written and constructed. Love it. But I had to read them several times to understand what bursted out of your mouth. And your way of singing is -for me- always very pleasant to listen to.

On my earphones the bass / drums were a little too loud, so that sitar was a bit covered.
But the exotic sphere was so nice to listen to.
Very well done!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Misha,

You are an artist.

Simple as that.

"Catching shadows with bare hands dancing with Hiogi fans playing sitar."

Your lyrics are original, exotic, colorful!!

Your productions are filled with big splashes of color and subtle shading. Extraordinary.

The mix on this is excellent.

MUSIC. Beautiful. Marvelous.

fj

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Unfortunately my accent stands in a way...

Quite the contraire my friend. You accent only adds highlight to the well produced tune(s), including this one. I thought it was going to be a chaotic mess at first only to find that that very chaos was the foundation to the tune. The lyrics (and accented vocals) fit the music perfectly. Nice one.

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
User Showcase
W
Expert
Expert
W
Hi Misha,

You have so many good ideas... and this track/song showcases some of them.

Very well done, my talented friend!

Will

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Bob,
Thank you for giving this time and your support!

--

Hans,
Thank you for listening and your generous feedback! I thought of adding "Kabuki dance" in the line, but "Hiogi fans" was a better fit and inline with idea. Thank you for noting drums and bass! I am in the process of adding Sitar, possibly with a collaborator, so will pay attention to drums/bass when re-mixing.

--

FJ,
that is way generous feedback. Thank you for your support!

--
jptjptjpt,
Thank you for listening and your kind words!

--

Will,
Thank you for giving this time and your kind comments!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool tune.... Your accent adds an interesting flavor to the tune.... With as interesting and creative as the lyrics are.... coyote pants fits right in.

Good one.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Misha,

This is a super production in all aspects! What a cool tune!

I love the diverse selection of instrumentation used! You've brought all together in cohesive package!

You are a talented contributor here and I appreciate your work! Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What a nice flight on the rug around the world, different places in the story and horn of plenty in musical styles and chord progression.
Enjoyable reggae/ska rhythm, many nice effects
Good vocals with nice nuances and scatting
Good selection of instruments, everything works
Another excellent song from a multi-talented songwriter smile

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow Misha! Don't beat yourself on the accent issue, I have one myself, some days worst than others and I don't sweat it. This is a heck of example of ways to be creative using BIB sounds. Very interesting mix indeed. Worked perfectly!

Mike B.

Music should be part of your life
http://www.soundclick.com/blackcatjazzcafeband
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Misha great song loved it you have great talent and very creative lots of nuggets in this thanks for sharing Eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
As often as you like, Misha. Always a pleasure to listen to your songs. This is another wonderful flight of fancy.
Regards,
Leon

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
As Janice was navigating a pretended flight with her arms she said, "thank you for the magic carpet ride."

No need to parse out a few favorite lines as it's packed full of great ones. Simply stunning imagery.

We have no idea whether you use styles or roll your own but you invariably have a great band to showcase your add-in's and BiaB. And a great mix to go with it all.

Your accent has always added nothing but character to your vocals ... no coyote pants smile

Creative and entertaining to the max!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Misha, you are a very clever musician. Mixing a sitar in a raga groove while holding a Japanese fan while expertly singing some very intriguing lyrics is brilliant.

Loved it

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,550
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199