You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#675632 - 09/30/21 02:11 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie
Loc: Victoria, BC
Callie - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Nick Kellie recently got his hands on the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac, and put together this video showing off just how easy it is to make backing tracks in Band-in-a-Box®!

#675634 - 09/30/21 02:36 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Nice tutorial and very professional presentation. Thanks for posting.

Charlie

#675682 - 09/30/21 07:47 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie [Re: Callie - PG Music]
swingbabymix Offline
Expert

NICE!

Hope to have a video of using bbvst to make songs.

#675811 - 10/01/21 12:35 PM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie [Re: Callie - PG Music]
shlind Offline
Apprentice

This is a very good instruction video on how to make a general backing track with Band in a Box. It is very easy.

It would also be very useful to have a demonstration/video on how to best make a backing track that emulates as close as possible the backing used I a specific recording by the recording artist for a particular song.

I think many users would find that very interesting. Maybe to have some type of competition forum on how to make the closest and best matching backing track to match the feel a specific recording.

I think many users like myself would find that very useful.

As shown in the video above It is very easy to use Band in a Box to make a general backing track and pick some interesting style and make a mix to have as a backing track to practice playing against.
But I think many of us want to be able to create a backing track that are very -very close to the original recording to practice against.

I am not sure if it is possible. I have yet not been able to make such a backing track. Sometimes a got a bit close and near the feel of the backing that I want, but mostly not close at all.

There is song title search in the style picker that suggests best matching styles for a song. But the styles that comes up in the search are mostly not at all close to the feel of the original song that I am trying to make a backing track for.

I have earlier seen some other posts in this forum mentioned this issue as well.

So maybe there would be of interest to have a forum topic “Who can make the best matching backing track to an original recording of a song” and also to provide a video on the process used.

#676704 - 10/07/21 06:08 AM [Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh] Re: How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie [Re: Callie - PG Music]
Loc: Valdese, NC
Tony Lee Glenn Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Valdese, NC
I love to make my backing tracks and mix them on the fly using the BIAB mixer as I capture the video and audio with Camtasia software. In this video I improvise over a backing track that I mixed on the go as I listened to a BIAB demo. If you have a nice screen capture program you can do this as easy as falling off a log. Makes a cool jam-track to challenge you! https://youtu.be/Qe3730TkvlA

PG Music News
It's the Last Weekend to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

Hurry - our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th at 11:59 pm PST!

Order before then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Last Chance to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th! Order by then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Special is Extended to January 15, 2023

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases has been extended to January 15, 2023!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs Special Extended to January 15, 2023!

We've extended the XPro and Xtra Styles PAKS special offers to January 15, 2023!

We're offering XPro Styles PAKs 1-4 and Xtra Styles PAKs 1-15 for just $29 each (reg $49)!

Treat yourself to 100 brand new RealStyles for country, bluegrass, jazz, funk, rock, and pop with the new XPro Styles PAK 4 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022, but why stop there? The new Xtra Styles PAKs 14 & 15 include 17 MultiStyle groups and 200 new styles for Rock, Pop, Jazz, and Country, as well as genres like '80s glam rock, rockabilly, big band, space rock, metal, funk, and more!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs and order now.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs and order now.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3

Learn all about the 25 Songs with Vocals added to our Band-in-a-Box Add-ons with Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3! Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Songs with Vocals 3

This included in the Band-in-a-Box 2023 Free Bonus PAK!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows - 'Twas the Click Before Christmas!

Order any version of Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows and receive your download key right away for use with our One-Click Installer, but don't wait too long... our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special ends December 31st!

Order now to add over 70 new features and amazing new content to your Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

It's a great time to order, with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2022!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Over 70 New Features and Enhancements!

Learn all about the 70+ new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2023 with video: Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®: Over 70 New Features and Enhancements!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows.

Forum Stats
37064 Members
64 Forums
77046 Topics
682781 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
GregSm, Kireonfire, Dcarter, Seq, Nergllawdia

37064 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
musocity 180
Matt Finley 149