Index
#675758 - 10/01/21 07:03 AM [User Showcase] I'm In It For The Minute
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

I'm In It For The Minute on Soundcloud
I'm In It For The Minute on YouTube

This is an original song about how Rock 'n' Roll --music in general-- satisfies our primal desire for elation. Well, actually I'm not sure what it's about, but I now use that description after reading the lyrics I wrote. It's up to your interpretation. One thing I'm sure of is that when I added "I'M In It" to the working title of For The Minute, I got another minute. Hear it? Get it?

Man, ya gotta love those Utility Tracks!
Style is _WAG.STY (Wag Rock & Roll Guitars)
SoloistCustom Synth is Hi-Q 001 01 Piano, Acoustic, Grand Sforzando

Loop in Song: Percussion Loops\Loop132bpm Tambourine Quarters 4 bars.wma
RealTracks in style: ~1549:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountrySwing Sw 110
RealTracks in song: ~938:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm JazzFreddie Sw 110
RealTracks in style: 3780:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RockNRollSweep Sw 120
Loop in Song: Drums\AfucheShakerSw8[single]^01-Swng
MIDI SuperTracks in song: 1799:Piano, Rhythm SouthernRockJohn Sw 120
RealDrums [in style:NewOrleansShuffle^04-a:Kick Shuffle , b:Ride, Shuffle
RealTracks in song: ~763:Clarinet
I added bass and vocals.

I'm In It For The Minute (It's all about alliteration. There are 83 Ts and 69 Ss in the lyrics. That's a sibilance test. Thanks for teaching me how to fix them, RayC et al.)
Comments and suggestions help us grow. Thanks for all you do folks.

CH: I'm in it for the minute. I'm in it for the rock and roll.
I'm in it 'cause you're sending it to me. Tryin' to be neighborly to save my soul.

Can't you see that I love you? Don't you know that it's true?
I like special somethings on Sundays, like sundaes on Sundays and you.
Like the cherry on the whipping, there's the ice in the cream,
So step outside of your slumber, and stare back into your dream. See me? CH

Down the road there's a fire burning out of control.
They're burning all of them lost ol' souls that don't dig rock and roll.
Make a break to relieve them. Teach them all the 3 chords.
Then give each one a pink Cadillac, and let them fill in these words because CH

BR: Baby, don't ya hear the music? Don't it make ya wanna dance?
Rock 'n' Roll is more than music.
It takes this certain feelin', mixes in the reelin',
and sometimes it'll twist you in a trance. SOLO

Situation seeming hopeless? Well, RnR is all ya need
to satisfy that savage soul who sows such sickly seed.
Still the beast deep inside us, the one we met in paradise.
So stay right here beside yourself, and Rock 'n' Roll will suffice. Sing this: CH

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper & Cakewalk

#675787 - 10/01/21 08:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'm In It For The Minute [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Expert

Loc: Illinois
Cool!
You drew me in it!

Nice one!

Fun listen.

moto

https://sites.google.com/view/captainmoto-com/home?authuser=0

#675798 - 10/01/21 10:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'm In It For The Minute [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Illinois, USA
firesong Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Illinois, USA
Marty...great production...the sound was so clean and clear (I'm jealous)...the song was so much fun and your vocals were really nice...and the video was cool and spot-on for the song...so glad you posted this for all to see...really great stuff...Dan

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.

#675830 - 10/01/21 02:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'm In It For The Minute [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
"Teach them all the 3 chords.
Then give each one a pink Cadillac..."

HA! Loved that.

A Big Full BAND sound. That is one fine mix! Fat, Punchy, Clean, Glued-together.

Terrific vocals and BGVs.

You're in it for the long haul, buddy... a gift for us...

fj

#675846 - 10/01/21 04:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'm In It For The Minute [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
Marty,
great melody, good narrative and a BIG band.
I r=that pumping piano in the choruses really sets the era and feel.
You might consider making some space for the kick in that big bass by using a high pass at 100 but it's not really essential.
BIG vibe, big chorus and BIG fun.
Pop on over to The Recording Rebels for positive, honest commentary, critiques and support. https://therecordingrebels.com

#675852 - 10/01/21 05:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'm In It For The Minute [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Hey Marty, this real pro write.
I love it, real catchy.
Excellent lyrics and production.
Pardon me while I tap my foot.
Rob4580

#675854 - 10/01/21 05:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'm In It For The Minute [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Marty, this is one great song! Love the groove and the Benny Goodman lead! Great vocal, backing tracks, and a superior mix. i.e. everything was crystal clear.

Two thumbs up.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#675889 - 10/01/21 06:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'm In It For The Minute [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Great groove and I really enjoyed your exuberant singing on this one. Excellent work!

#675898 - 10/01/21 09:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'm In It For The Minute [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Catchy and toe-tapping.

Honestly, you had me at the title. Great backing tracks with a groove that doesn't stop. Sounds great on my speakers. Your vocal is upbeat and enthusiastic, and the harmonies are a treat.

Really fun! smile

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#675902 - 10/01/21 10:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'm In It For The Minute [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Deej56 Offline
Expert

Loc: Mill Valley, California USA
Marty,

Love the write—and the melody that goes with—you have a nice way of touching that inner toe-tapping self. Great harmonies on that chorus . . . and on that bridge. You are a talented songwriter. And, boy, that clarinet solo just slays. Great stuff!

All my best to you,

Deej

#675934 - 10/02/21 05:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'm In It For The Minute [Re: CaptainMoto]
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Cool!
You drew me in it!

Nice one!

Fun listen.

moto

You're welcome in anytime, moto. Thanks! I love playing along with your blues stuff on Spotify.

Originally Posted By: firesong
Marty...great production...the sound was so clean and clear (I'm jealous)...the song was so much fun and your vocals were really nice...and the video was cool and spot-on for the song...so glad you posted this for all to see...really great stuff...Dan

Thanks a bunch, Dan. Haha. No way YOU can be jealous, man.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
"Teach them all the 3 chords.
Then give each one a pink Cadillac..."

HA! Loved that.

A Big Full BAND sound. That is one fine mix! Fat, Punchy, Clean, Glued-together.

Terrific vocals and BGVs.

You're in it for the long haul, buddy... a gift for us...

fj

Haha. The pink Caddy is more for the cosmetic folks, but it seemed to fit. Thanks. I'm learning a lot here about mixing, so I thank you for your help with that. I minute for the minute is where I get 2 minutes.

#675937 - 10/02/21 06:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'm In It For The Minute [Re: BabuMusic]
justanoldmuso Offline
Expert

Marty.
HOLY MOLY !
one word SUPERB...
loved the use of vocal doubles/harmonies etc etc.
a great song write imho.

loved that tremelo gtr in the background.
and the way you did the ending. lovely last note hold mate.

i mean it sincerely,...
THIS IS A GREAT SONG IN THE VEIN OF THE CLASSICS/GREATS that youve written. VERY CATCHY. this song should be studied in songwriting course 101 re how to build "hooky riffs" in a song.

count me very VERY impressed/happiness.
om

Edited by justanoldmuso (10/02/21 06:23 AM)

#676040 - 10/02/21 09:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'm In It For The Minute [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello Marty,

It's an interesting song.
It's a song just like the time of its birth when rock and roll separates from old jazz.
Nice groove!
Your singing is great.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#676087 - 10/03/21 05:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'm In It For The Minute [Re: rayc]
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: rayc
Marty,
great melody, good narrative and a BIG band.
I r=that pumping piano in the choruses really sets the era and feel.
You might consider making some space for the kick in that big bass by using a high pass at 100 but it's not really essential.
BIG vibe, big chorus and BIG fun.

Hi, Ray. Thanks, and thanks for the idea on the bass drum. I really wish we had separate tracks for the drums to play with in mixing.

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Hey Marty, this real pro write.
I love it, real catchy.
Excellent lyrics and production.
Pardon me while I tap my foot.
Rob4580

Thanks, Rob. I'm glad you caught it. You have my full pardon.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Marty, this is one great song! Love the groove and the Benny Goodman lead! Great vocal, backing tracks, and a superior mix. i.e. everything was crystal clear.

Two thumbs up.

Thanks, Mario. Benny could wow and audience for hours with just him and his clarinet on stage. It's usually difficult to fashion a solo from the RTs, but when they work it's sweet.

#676104 - 10/03/21 06:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'm In It For The Minute [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Just a brilliant song, absolutely one of your best, Marty.

Everything about it just works, outstanding write, great arrangement (love the clarinet), vocals are stellar, good mix.

And to top it off, the video is fabulous.

Love it!

#676105 - 10/03/21 06:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'm In It For The Minute [Re: BabuMusic]
jptjptjpt Offline
Expert

That was damned good. Well played and well written. You found a great melody in that tune. Cool video too.

Golden lyric alert:

"So step outside of your slumber, and stare back into your dream."

Nice.

#676120 - 10/03/21 07:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'm In It For The Minute [Re: BabuMusic]
Frankp Offline
Apprentice

Rock and Roll with a swinging clarinet solo!

I really enjoyed this tune good old-time rock and roll. There is something about this that makes me think of Elvis Costello (perhaps an influence of yours?).

Great melody, your voice sounds great when you jump up to higher pitches during the verse.

The video's great. Where did you get the clips? Really cool lyric sliding around effects, is that hard to do?

Thanks for sharing

Edited by Frankp (10/03/21 07:45 AM)

Some tunes from me and my collaborator: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvGqM6ktMW5ltTnyit1KWPg/videos

Band-in-a-Box Ultrapak 2019, Windows 10, Reaper, Behringer u-phoria UMC404HD, Kali LP-8

#676165 - 10/03/21 01:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'm In It For The Minute [Re: BabuMusic]
vicarn Offline
Journeyman

Sounds like a party, Marty. laugh
I can hear this in a movie.

Vic

#676179 - 10/03/21 04:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: I'm In It For The Minute [Re: BabuMusic]
Gary Weder Offline
Journeyman

Hi Marty.
Great work putting this entertaining track together. Always love the animated enthusiasm of your vocal . Clarinet and R&R , who would have thunk it? But you made it work. "Teach them all the 3 chords.
Then give each one a pink Cadillac, and let them fill in these words because
" Yes-sir-eeeeee!
Band sounds good and the singer is at the top of his game. Fun Fun Fun.
regards
Gary ( I grin it as I spin it)

#676243 - 10/04/21 02:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: I'm In It For The Minute [Re: BabuMusic]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Marty,

This is great - love the song and vocal. The clarinet was an awesome touch!

Excellent!

Bob

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 12 for Band-in-a-Box®!

If you love our existing Xtra Styles PAKs, you'll definitely want to have a listen to our NEW Xtra Styles PAK 12, with 200 more fully-produced styles! 50 each for: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and our new Blues styles option!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 12 Demos

Order this month and save 40%! During our Xtra Styles PAK 12 special, which ends December 31st, all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-12 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? You can purchase our complete library of all 2,000+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-12 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Note: These Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2021 or 2022.

RealBand 2022 is Here!

There are over 30 new features to RealBand 2022, including the ability to install multiple VST plugins from a folder at a time, improved Audio Chord Wizard detection routines, the ability to record mixer movement for the masters/subgroups, new Transpose/Stretch All Tracks dialog lets you transpose/stretch/reduce all tracks and then conveniently save to a new file, the new settings to save selected tracks only and exclude muted tracks when saving all tracks to individual files, the option to save all tracks to a compressed format, and much more.

RealBand is included in ALL Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases – during our special (which ends December 31st) to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in RealBand 2022 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is here! There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks(20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2021 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages during our special, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.

Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!
(November 24)

Don't own a Jukebox? Well, if you have Band-in-a-Box®, you actually do with the Jukebox feature!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® songs within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, Harmony Settings, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening.

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual.
Mac Jukebox details found here.

Tell Us Your Favorite Band-in-a-Box Features

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We'd love it if you shared your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we absolutely LOVE getting feedback!

Take a peak at other posts while you're there - you never know... someone else's favorite feature might become yours too!

RealTracks Artist Pat Martino

We are saddened to hear of the passing of jazz guitar legend Pat Martino yesterday.

Pat was part of our RealTracks Artist "Jazz Pollwinners 2" series in 2014. You can learn about Pat and listen to his RealTracks contribution here.

Pat had been playing guitar since he was just 12 years old, and devoted himself to music in grade ten. On top of years of performing (he began playing professionally in 1961), Pat received many awards for his playing, including the "Jazz Legacy" Award in 2016 presented by Pennsylvania State Senator Vincent Hughes and his wife Sheryl Lee Ralph-Hughes.

Learn even more about Pat Martino when you visit his website, http://www.patmartino.com/.

A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Forum Stats
35195 Members
63 Forums
71650 Topics
624229 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Ysolin75, kittyjkat321, Dange, ShemS76, pbwang1947

35194 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 424
Matt Finley 243