Add-ons and UserTracks for Band-in-a-Box
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Download https://www.autohotkey.com/
If you have Biab running As Administrator go to the install folder
C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey and set AutoHotkey.exe to Run As Administrator.
Remove the .mp4 from Random Style Picker.ahk.mp4 unzip and run.
Demo GIF

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Random Style Picker.ahk.mp4 (3.95 KB, 79 downloads)
Random-Style-Picker-AHK.png (9.1 KB, 232 downloads)
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
One thing I forgot was Open Style Picker
Actions > Copy List to Clipboard
this will save to "C:\bb\Data\StyleListTabDelimited.Txt"

you can set it to another folder in the script:
txt := "C:\bb\Data\StyleListTabDelimited.Txt"

Also Actions > Set Dialog Options > Show Current Style... Never

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
UPDATE: When it the Tempo Range was set to All it would not search.
remove .mp4 Random Style Picker.ahk.mp4

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Random Style Picker.ahk.mp4 (3.98 KB, 59 downloads)
BB21-Style-Picker-Save-List.png (35.72 KB, 160 downloads)
BB21-Style-Picker-Random-Setting.png (33.97 KB, 160 downloads)
J
Expert
Expert
J
Had nothing better to do this morning so I installed this and was amazed how well it worked.

Now what would really make this a 5-star addition would be to have the ability to not only pick the type of track, time signature and feeling but if we could choose the Genre of the track as shown in the Category pull-down menu in style picker. For example, if I had a jazz song, we could narrow down the choice to Jazz, Rock song could be narrowed down to Rock and so on.

catagory.jpg (151.65 KB, 128 downloads)

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
So do you just want a dropdown list with all the names in the Genre column, so the random choice will be from the particular genre ?

Code:
Name	Type	TSig	EvSw	Tempo	Long Name	Genre	Group	Date*	Set#	#Instr	#substyles	Other Genres	->Debug Order	GenScore	Priority	RDsub	RTsub	Fav	Rec	nr	NA	Pack	8/16	Instruments		

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
These are the Genre in the list, * only 1 or 2 styles

*Acoustic Guitar Ballad
Ballad
Bluegrass
Blues
Celtic
Classical
Country
Folk
Funk
*Gospel
Heavy Rock
Hip Hop
Jazz
Latin
Lite Pop
Medium Rock
*New Age
Pop
*Power Ballad
R&B
Reggae
*Ska
Soul
Synth Pop
World
*Worship

J
Expert
Expert
J
Pipeline:

I the everything BIAB package so I have all existing styles and my style count is 9,451

I ported those over into Excel and sorted by Genre and Group.

Of these, there are only 3 groups listed, Country, Jazz and Pop but those also contain many multiple sub-styles, Groups would not be a good choice to randomly choose from as that would not take into consideration the many sub-styles available.

After sorting the list by Genre, I see the following choices:

Ballads, Bluegrass, Blues, Celtic, Classical, Country, Disco, Doo Wop, Folk, Funk, Heavy Rock, Hip Hop, Jazz, Latin, Lite Pop, Medium Rock, Modern Pop, Pop, R&B, Reggae, Soul, Synth Pop and World.

Those have multiple choices thus there is a large grouping of random styles to choose from.

There are a few other Genre's but the choices are very low and I would not consider them worth doing a random choosing.

My opinion would be to use the following as random choice groups in the Random Style Picker. And those choices would be in a drop down list.

Ballads
Bluegrass
Blues
Celtic
Classical
Country
Disco
Doo Wop
Folk
Funk
Heavy Rock
Hip Hop
Jazz
Latin
Lite Pop
Medium Rock
Modern Pop
Pop
R&B
Reggae
Soul
Synth Pop
World

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
LOL have not got Doo Wop Modern Pop but will add it:

Random-Style-Choice.png (18.09 KB, 105 downloads)
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P

Random Style Picker.ahk.mp4 (7.63 KB, 18 downloads)
J
Expert
Expert
J
Pipeline:

Your talents are really shining today.

Tried it the 1st thing in the morning while having coffee and I am amazed how well it worked.

Since it is looking for styles in the generated BIAB text file, for those few odd-ball genres that were not included so I just modified the existing text file to make them more aligned to the existing parameters.

For example, I took my 4 existing styles that had the Genre listing of Acoustic Guitar Ballad and just renamed them to Ballad in the text file to match the other 262 Ballad Genre styles I had.

Did the same for the 4 Country Ballad genre styles and renamed them to Country.

I guess I could take my 3 Folk Rock genre styles and rename them to either Folk or one of the Rock genres. I could even duplicate the 4 styles in the text file and name the other 4 styles to Folk so either genre would be randomly picked for those Folk Rock styles.

The possibilities are endless if someone wants to do the editing.

That way the odd-ball genre styles will be included in the lotto drawing.

The only thing you would have to be aware of is if you regenerated the style list, BIAB will over-write your edited list so I made a directory called AHK Data File in the BB directory and modified the pointer in Random_Style_Picker.ahk to that location. That way the original will not be overwritten.

Last edited by jcland; 01/31/22 03:01 AM.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
You can add them to the dropdown but if you only have a few it will take a lot longer to find one randomly.
If it's working good for you post it in the main forum as others might find it helpful.

Code:
Gui, Add, DropDownList, gCheck5 vGenreChoice Choose1 x80 y220, All|Ballad|Bluegrass|Blues|Celtic|Classical|Country|Country Ballad|Disco|Doo Wop|Folk|Funk|Hip Hop|Jazz|Latin|Pop|Pop Lite|Pop Modern|Pop Synth|R&B|Reggae|Rock Heavy|Rock Medium|Soul|World

Check5:
if (GenreChoice = "County Ballad")
{	
    genre := "Country Ballad"
}

Action01:
else if (var7 = "Country Ballad") and (genre = "Country Ballad")
{
	match := 1
}

Veteran
Veteran
Here's an updated version:
Biab-Random-Style-Picker.zip (contains script and ReadMe)

Install www.autohotkey.com V1 then set C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey.exe to Run As Administrator by right click if you are running Biab As Administrator.

*Before first use, go into The Style Picker, "Clear Filter", then Actions > "Copy List to clipboard" this may take some time. You will then have StyleListTabDelimited.Txt in C:\bb\Data.

Also Actions > Set Dialog Options > Show current style in list even... > "never"

Open the ahk script with NotePad or text editor, set it to your paths then save:

txt := "C:\bb\Data\StyleListTabDelimited.txt"

You can run the script from anywhere or create a folder C:\bb\Scripts

Biab-Random-Style-Picker.png (10.89 KB, 179 downloads)
Veteran
Veteran
Updated with Play Stop Inject buttons. Shortcuts Alt+R Alt+P Alt+S Alt+I. Auto Play option added. Added Long Name.
Biab-Random-Style-Picker.zip (contains script and ReadMe)

Install www.autohotkey.com V1 then set C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey.exe to Run As Administrator by right click if you are running Biab As Administrator.

*Before first use, go into The Style Picker, "Clear Filter", then Actions > "Copy List to clipboard" this may take some time. You will then have StyleListTabDelimited.Txt in C:\bb\Data.

Also Actions > Set Dialog Options > Show current style in list even... > "never"

Open the ahk script with NotePad or text editor, set it to your paths then save:

txt := "C:\bb\Data\StyleListTabDelimited.txt"
STYdemos := "C:\bb\RealTracks\Data\Style Demos Audio\"

You can run the script from anywhere or create a folder C:\bb\Scripts

Biab-Random-Style-Picker2.png (13.33 KB, 70 downloads)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,550
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199