Options
Index
#685023 - 11/24/21 02:26 AM [User Showcase] Gloria
Loc: Denmark
Peters Garage Offline
Journeyman

Gloria on Youtube

I just released this track about an ill fated young girl never returning home from a summer party.

BIAB part used are:
Piano - Real Track 887 FolkPopPrairie - converted into MIDI and played back using Waves Grand Rhapsody Piano plugin
Bass - Real Track 2489 BowedHeldSimple - converted into MIDI and played back using Waves Bass Finger plugin
Bass - Real Track 539 ElectricPopSw - Rendered as Real Track

Drums, Synths, Strings, ARPs, Guitars and Vocals are done by myself.

Feed back is always welcome

Lyrics added on request

GLORIA

Gloria is a little pale
She totally lost all control of herself
Gloria slowly fades away
She’s fast asleep to the sound of the bells

It was in her drink
And now in her blood
Who knows if she will pull through?
The powder was placed by someone she knew

Gloria at the break of dawn
She doesn’t react to the call of her name
Gloria senses darkness
Her candle inside has a weakening flame

It was in her drink
And now in her blood

Inside of her mind she’s constantly falling
A grain of dust that falls down the universe
She’s trying to fly but keeps on stalling
The beat of her heart gets weaker from every breath

Gloria she don’t answer
Her friend has texted her a hundred times
Gloria – if someone finds her
She may have a chance to get out alive

It was in her drink
And now in her blood

Gloria is a little pale
You can’t really tell if she’s smiling or sad

Edited by Peters Garage (11/25/21 02:13 AM)
Edit Reason: Lyrics added

Peters' Garage is available on all major streaming services

#685028 - 11/24/21 03:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gloria [Re: Peters Garage]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

interesting song.
There's something strident or grating in your vocal...it may be the treatment used but I suspect it could be be addressed with a little subtractive EQ to give it a more rounded feel & sound.
The sound is most obvious on sibilant sounds.

Good song, good performances though the drums sound like they were overdubbed close to the songs finish.

#685029 - 11/24/21 03:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gloria [Re: Peters Garage]
beatcase Offline

Pretty good

#685121 - 11/24/21 08:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gloria [Re: rayc]
Peters Garage Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: rayc
interesting song.
There's something strident or grating in your vocal...it may be the treatment used but I suspect it could be be addressed with a little subtractive EQ to give it a more rounded feel & sound.
The sound is most obvious on sibilant sounds.

Good song, good performances though the drums sound like they were overdubbed close to the songs finish.

Thank you for constructive feed back.

I did struggle a lot with the whole audio balance in the mastering phase - it had to redo my final mix 11 times, and still with a few things I weren't able to solve - strong sibilants in the vocal being one of them. I had to make "either or" choices in the combination of deEssing and saturation to bring more life to the vocals.

That's the result of editing the Auto Drummer in Logic Pro X....I tried hard to keep it simple (but obviously not hard enough) :-)

#685182 - 11/24/21 11:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gloria [Re: Peters Garage]
Loc: Maryland
TuneMonger Offline
Veteran

Loc: Maryland
Good song, it reminds me of the musical Spring Awakening. The vocals sounded a bit overprocessed to me, but it wasn't a major detraction. A matter of taste, really. Very good effort overall.

#685271 - 11/24/21 06:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gloria [Re: Peters Garage]
rayc Offline
Veteran

If you manually edit the sibilant sounds using a preFX volume envelope, (or the Clip Gain feature), you'll get a better result. You can also look at using the saturation by sending the audio to a saturation track and EQing that saturation track to reduce the sibilant emphasis. In the end I think the saturation may be what's causing the strident/unpleasant edge to your voice which means TOO MUCH saturation added to the track.
The drums aren't over complicated, rather, they seem to be added to instead of being integrated into and that propelling the song.

#685319 - 11/25/21 12:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gloria [Re: Peters Garage]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Sounds nice, Peter. Could you maybe add the lyrics to your post?

Cheers,

Stefan

#685327 - 11/25/21 02:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gloria [Re: Peters Garage]
Peters Garage Offline
Journeyman

Hi Ray and Tune Monger,

so less vocal processing and a more gentle hand on the saturation knob, that's a good takeaway. (unfortunately I already submitted my December release with a similar vocal processing chain - so from 2022 your suggestions should be audible.)

The drums - any suggestion on how these could have been better integrated?

Again thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feed back.

#685390 - 11/25/21 08:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gloria [Re: Peters Garage]
Loc: Finland
jannesan Offline
Veteran

Loc: Finland
Synths create a haunting atmosphere around the dark and very sad story. Introduction of the drums and bass works well, I enjoyed the vocals and the short guitar solo. Interesting chord progression adds to the troubled mood. Would be a good theme song for a Nordic noir TV series.

Janne

Soundcloud
YouTube

#685414 - 11/25/21 10:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gloria [Re: Peters Garage]
Loc: Versmold - GERMANY
PROJECT M Online   content
Expert

Loc: Versmold - GERMANY
Hello Peter
Very well done song
The song structure is really good
I like the melody very much
Great job
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

#685482 - 11/25/21 03:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gloria [Re: Peters Garage]
rayc Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Peters Garage
Hi Ray and Tune Monger,

If you sketch your song in BIAB, structure etc. you'll have a simple/effective drum track. I'd use that drum track to base the drum programming upon. Write with your preferred midi drums starting with the midi from BIAB or referring to the BIAB drum track. Levels and beats particularly. Adding accents will be better in line etc.

#685642 - 11/26/21 11:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gloria [Re: Peters Garage]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Good song, cool sound. The arrangement is a good match to the lyric, and stays interesting throughout.

The doubling of the vocal at 2:00 works really well. Great use of stereo effects as well.

The lyric kept me engaged to the end - all around, really well done.

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#685688 - 11/26/21 01:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gloria [Re: Peters Garage]
Peters Garage Offline
Journeyman

Jannesan, Project M and duchy

Thank you for your kind words, and thank you for taking your time to comment

Cheers
Peter

#685689 - 11/26/21 01:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gloria [Re: rayc]
Peters Garage Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: rayc
Originally Posted By: Peters Garage
Hi Ray and Tune Monger,

If you sketch your song in BIAB, structure etc. you'll have a simple/effective drum track. I'd use that drum track to base the drum programming upon. Write with your preferred midi drums starting with the midi from BIAB or referring to the BIAB drum track. Levels and beats particularly. Adding accents will be better in line etc.

OK - I get your point here - so export the drums as MIDI, and use what ever drum plugin I have and work with it from there. That makes a lot of sense

Cheers
Peter

#685800 - 11/27/21 05:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gloria [Re: Peters Garage]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
Good song, Peter. Your garage sounds like a fun place to play. I really like the build of the song. There is nothing I can add to the other comments here about the mix/production. I kinda like the vocal processed as you did. When I first pushed Play, I noticed it was almost 6 minutes long. When I reached then end, I was disappointed it was over.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 10

#685918 - 11/27/21 04:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gloria [Re: Peters Garage]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hello Peter ...

An interesting song that I liked a lot. A poignant story but a good delivery of the song. Very nice! Nest to you ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#685923 - 11/27/21 04:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Gloria [Re: Peters Garage]
Loc: Virginia USA
Ezekiel's Storm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Virginia USA
I like this!

Some standouts:
Singing
Melody (stays with you)
Instrumentation/production

thanks for sharing

#686043 - 11/28/21 10:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gloria [Re: Peters Garage]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very pretty song. Cool backtrack and vocal. Well done

#687631 - 12/03/21 10:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gloria [Re: Peters Garage]
Peters Garage Offline
Journeyman

Babu, Al-David, Ezekieln and Scott -thank you for your kind replies and thank you for taking the time to list and comment on my track :-)

#687638 - 12/03/21 11:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Gloria [Re: Peters Garage]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina

I like many things about this.

I like the simplicity.

And the sparse feel.

And the choice of instruments.

I like the vocal--the processing to me sounds right for this mix. It would not work as well if it were cleaner.

I like the feel.

All in all I think this is a very successful Indie song and I could hear it in a movie.

The mix is great to me. Subtle.

Wise choices.

More please.

smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Getting To Know Your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®

Have you received the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows®, and you'd like to learn more about the newest features?

There are a few different resources available to you!

In the program there is a "2023 NEW Features" button that offers quick access to the newest features explanations and tutorials.

We offer video tutorials explaining the new version as well as breaking down specific features. You can access these on our YouTube Channel, or here on our Website on the Support | Videos pages.

There are detailed program manuals available on our Online Manuals page that explains just the New Features in the Upgrade Manual, or combines all the features of the program in our Full Manual. Prefer to access a PDF of the manuals instead? They're available on our Online Manuals page too!

Our Forums are also a great way to learn about the newest features! Not only will you see our videos shared there, you'll join an active community of friendly and knowledgeable program users happy to answer questions and help out!

Of course, you can always ask our team directly too!

It's the Last Weekend to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

Hurry - our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th at 11:59 pm PST!

Order before then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Last Chance to Save Up To 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Upgrades!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 special ends this Sunday, January 15th! Order by then and save up to 50% off your Band-in-a-Box 2023 Upgrade and receive a Free Bonus PAK full of great new Add-ons!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows adds over 70 new features and amazing new content to the Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows Special is Extended to January 15, 2023

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases has been extended to January 15, 2023!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs Special Extended to January 15, 2023!

We've extended the XPro and Xtra Styles PAKS special offers to January 15, 2023!

We're offering XPro Styles PAKs 1-4 and Xtra Styles PAKs 1-15 for just $29 each (reg $49)!

Treat yourself to 100 brand new RealStyles for country, bluegrass, jazz, funk, rock, and pop with the new XPro Styles PAK 4 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022, but why stop there? The new Xtra Styles PAKs 14 & 15 include 17 MultiStyle groups and 200 new styles for Rock, Pop, Jazz, and Country, as well as genres like '80s glam rock, rockabilly, big band, space rock, metal, funk, and more!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs and order now.

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs and order now.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3

Learn all about the 25 Songs with Vocals added to our Band-in-a-Box Add-ons with Artist Performance Set 13: Songs with Vocals 3! Band-in-a-Box® 2023: Songs with Vocals 3

This included in the Band-in-a-Box 2023 Free Bonus PAK!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows - 'Twas the Click Before Christmas!

Order any version of Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows and receive your download key right away for use with our One-Click Installer, but don't wait too long... our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows special ends December 31st!

Order now to add over 70 new features and amazing new content to your Band-in-a-Box® collection, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

It's a great time to order, with up to 50% off Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2022!

Plus, there is a Free Bonus PAK automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Forum Stats
37083 Members
64 Forums
77104 Topics
683448 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Ecoxgear, ghess1000, Kelly (Gaynor), pa1000ul, caifang

37083 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
musocity 175
MarioD 156