Index
#688327 - 12/05/21 02:28 PM [User Showcase] Funked Up Friday
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Funked Up Friday

Somewhat In The Style of Marco Parisi

Something a little different. I like just about all genres and styles of music. About a year ago I was playing around with some of the Modern Jazz RTs and styles. I came across this one and liked it. After a couple days of playing around with it, this is what I came up with.

I certainly don't claim this is of the same complexity as some of the funky Jazz Mr. Parisi plays, but it is, in my opinion, of a similar style. Perhaps Marco Parisi Extra-Light.

Anyway, hope some of you enjoy it. Yes, it's a slight bit busy in a few places. But when I removed the "offending" tracks, it sounded somewhat empty, so I left them.

I also like the little tag BIAB gave me at the ending!

Song Summary

File:Funked Up Friday.SGU
Key=F , Tempo 120, Length (m:s)=2:16
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,
Style is _HONCHO.STY (Honcho Electronic Groove)

RealTracks in style: 3683:Bass, Synth, FunkJeff Ev 110
RealTracks in style: 3337:Piano, Electric, Rhythm FunkJeff Ev16 110
RealTracks in style: 3249:Guitar, Electric, Background ModernFunkSingleNotesBob Ev16 110
RealTracks in song: ~1438:Piano, Electric, Soloist JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110
Loop in Song: Drums\WoodblocksEv[single]^01-Clve32LH
RealDrums [in style:ElecFunkJeffEv^1-a:Simple, Kick , b:BusySync, Kick

(c) 2021 Alan D. David, BMI

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#688382 - 12/05/21 05:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Funked Up Friday [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Christchurch, New Zealand
NigelSpiers Offline
Expert

Loc: Christchurch, New Zealand
Hi Alan,

That's two really good Funk songs in one day on this forum.

Keep up the good work you guys.

Best Regards
Nigel

#688501 - 12/06/21 06:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: Funked Up Friday [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
BabuMusic Offline
Expert

Loc: Dallas, PA, USA
Sweltering, Alan. Emphasis on the swell. I wasn't offended by any of the tracks. Very interesting to listen to the individual players in the ensemble. That electric piano is wild. It creates a visual of rhythm in mayhem. Nah, "mayhem' holds too much destruction, and there is way too much creativity here to use that word. Very enjoyable, but so short.

Babu Music on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDrsXTXfShgnGalQZ0ElQw
Me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub

My website: http://martystraub.com/

using Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 9

#688521 - 12/06/21 07:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Funked Up Friday [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Illinois
CaptainMoto Offline
Expert

Loc: Illinois
Busy?......Yes but, pleasantly so.

You managed to keep everybody in their own lane while headed down the multi-lane highway.

Deluxe!

Moto

https://sites.google.com/view/captainmoto-com/home?authuser=0

#688522 - 12/06/21 07:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Funked Up Friday [Re: NigelSpiers]
Loc: Germany
Crossroads Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Ho, ho, ho - Santa Al is coming to town. And look what he's got in his sack: Hily Crappola, THAT WAS ONE HECK OF A SURPRISE !!!!!!

Alan, Mr Know-them-all, that is just awesome. It may not be everybody's cup o' tea, but it sure is my cup. Cup? Ha, mug. Bucket. Vat. Silo. Pool.

I am really thankful that you posted this one, Alan - it's so encouraging to have a look at those hidden RT pearls.

Just soooooo good !!!

Take care and please give Di a big hug,

Stefan

#688536 - 12/06/21 07:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Funked Up Friday [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Alan,

You always do impressive instrumentals. Well thought it, musical.

Excellent mix.

Good listen.

fj

#688704 - 12/06/21 06:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: Funked Up Friday [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
That was a fun bit of rapid-fire playing! laugh

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#688889 - 12/07/21 02:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Funked Up Friday [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Alan another creative turn in your creative pallet. Very cool song. Loved the mix. Well done

#688974 - 12/07/21 08:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Funked Up Friday [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
rayc Offline
Veteran

Loc: Cooran Queensland Australia
This is very cool but the "movement" of the lead keys across the stereo image was a little weird..id doesn't seem to follow the tonal layout of the Rhodes.

#689037 - 12/08/21 03:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Funked Up Friday [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Versmold - GERMANY
PROJECT M Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Versmold - GERMANY
Hello Alan
Cool funk song
Good band selection
But really great is the end
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

#689040 - 12/08/21 03:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Funked Up Friday [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Queensland, Australia
mkg50 (Mike G) Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Queensland, Australia
Nice band you've got there Alan.
I could listen to this stuff all day.
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Mike

https://soundcloud.com/user-952388172

#689752 - 12/09/21 09:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Funked Up Friday [Re: NigelSpiers]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Hi Alan,

That's two really good Funk songs in one day on this forum.

Keep up the good work you guys.

Best Regards
Nigel

Hi Nigel ...

Thanks for the listen and very nice comments. It's a genre that doesn't get a lot of attention on the pages, but one I like a lot. Not everybody's cup of tea for sure.

Take care ...

Alan

#689753 - 12/09/21 09:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Funked Up Friday [Re: BabuMusic]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Sweltering, Alan. Emphasis on the swell. I wasn't offended by any of the tracks. Very interesting to listen to the individual players in the ensemble. That electric piano is wild. It creates a visual of rhythm in mayhem. Nah, "mayhem' holds too much destruction, and there is way too much creativity here to use that word. Very enjoyable, but so short.

Hey Marty ...

Thanks for the visit! Well, call it as you might (mayhem is ok!), it's a wild sound that appeals to me. I love just playing around in the halls of BIAB and seeing what's behind each door and what other doors have complimentary offerings.

Glad ya liked it! Thanks for letting me know!

Take care, my friend ...

Alan

#689754 - 12/09/21 09:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Funked Up Friday [Re: CaptainMoto]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Busy?......Yes but, pleasantly so.

You managed to keep everybody in their own lane while headed down the multi-lane highway.

Deluxe!

Moto

Hey! thanks so much for dropping in for a listen. Much appreciated. I'm delighted it all sounds good to you. Yeah, I had to put in a few traffic lights here and there to keep everybody in their appointed place.

Many thanks. Take care ...

Alan

#689755 - 12/09/21 09:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Funked Up Friday [Re: Crossroads]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Ho, ho, ho - Santa Al is coming to town. And look what he's got in his sack: Hily Crappola, THAT WAS ONE HECK OF A SURPRISE !!!!!!

Alan, Mr Know-them-all, that is just awesome. It may not be everybody's cup o' tea, but it sure is my cup. Cup? Ha, mug. Bucket. Vat. Silo. Pool.

I am really thankful that you posted this one, Alan - it's so encouraging to have a look at those hidden RT pearls.

Just soooooo good !!!

Take care and please give Di a big hug,

Stefan

Stefan ...

My great friend...

You are always much too kind. But that's okay! I can live with it.

Nope, not everyone's cup of tea. But like you, I could drink a barrel of it and be real happy. So gflad you liked it!

By the way, that promised email is almost finished and will be coming your way in about 2 hours.

#689756 - 12/09/21 09:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Funked Up Friday [Re: floyd jane]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

You always do impressive instrumentals. Well thought it, musical.

Excellent mix.

Good listen.

fj

Many thanks for all that, Floyd. I just enoy playing around inside BIAB and see what happens. Sometimes something good comes of it.

Appreciate the nice words. Take care ...

Alan

#689757 - 12/09/21 09:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: Funked Up Friday [Re: dcuny]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dcuny
That was a fun bit of rapid-fire playing! laugh

Hey David ...

Yeah, rapid-fire for sure. Glad ya liked it!

Take care ...

Alan

#689758 - 12/09/21 09:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: Funked Up Friday [Re: Scott C]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Alan another creative turn in your creative pallet. Very cool song. Loved the mix. Well done

Hi Scott ...

Well, sometimes something good happens from just playing around. I'm delighted this playing around works for you.

Take care ...

Alan

#689759 - 12/09/21 09:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Funked Up Friday [Re: rayc]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: rayc
This is very cool but the "movement" of the lead keys across the stereo image was a little weird..id doesn't seem to follow the tonal layout of the Rhodes.

Hi Ray ...

I'll take "cool" any day! As far as the movement of the keys, I apparently don't hear quite as much of it as you do. But when you're almost 75 freaking years old, your ears lie to you a lot! Or, on the other hand, they just don't tell ya much of anything!

Regardless, though, it's all in the way BIAB recorded in their studio. Any movement of that sort is out of my control. But, all in all, no real complaints about BIAB.

Glad ya liked it anyway!

Take care ...

Alan

#689761 - 12/09/21 09:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: Funked Up Friday [Re: PROJECT M]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hello Alan
Cool funk song
Good band selection
But really great is the end
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Hi Andi ...

Thank you very much. Glad you liked it! And yeah, I like that tag at the end, too! Thanks for the very nice comments!

Ich wünsche dir nur das Allerbeste.

Alan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
New Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Add-ons are Here!

We're excited to say that we've just released some amazing new RealStyles with XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows or Mac!

XPro Styles PAK 2 includes 100 fresh new RealStyles that will up the utility and fun factor of the Band-in-a-Box® Pro version by adding 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles! XPro Styles PAK 3 goes even further - not only is it packed 100 new RealStyles, it includes 35 RealTracks that are not included with a Pro or MegaPAK purchase - adding even more versatility to what these can do! Sink your teeth into 25 rock/pop styles, 25 jazz/funk styles, 25 country/bluegrass styles, and 25 styles featuring a mix of genres ranging from high energy electro swing to ambient grooves and everything in between.

With the new Xtra Styles PAK 13, we're going to make the number thirteen lucky again! There are 200 new RealStyles for Rock/Pop, Jazz, Country, and Singer-Songwriter. Some examples of what's included: Mellow soundtrack rock, Americana country lullaby, western swing big band, coffee house jazz waltz, jazzy jump blues, songwriter gospel ballad, fast indie rock, vintage clav funk, country pop march, and much, much more!

And they're all ON SALE until July 15th! Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs or XPro Styles PAKs for only $29 per PAK (regular price $49 each)!

Purchase XPro Styles PAKs
Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs
Learn more & watch our video demonstrations

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac is here!

There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 13, XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until July 15, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase a Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages! For more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!), upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

How to: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Did you know that you can have multiple instances of Band-in-a-Box® open on your computer? There was a conversation about this recently on our Forum, so we put together this video explaining how: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

How to: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track (RealBand)

Using RealBand and wondering how to replace a MIDI track with an audio track?

We show you how in our RealBand®: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track
video!

How to: Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Do you want to record your MIDI keyboard into Band-in-a-Box®, but aren't sure where to start? This quick video is what you've been looking for! How to Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows.

User Guide: Working with MIDI

How to: Why Does My Song Keep Looping in Band-in-a-Box®?

Your Band-in-a-Box® song is looping, and you don't want it to - what do you do?

Fortunately, this is a program setting that can be adjusted - see how this is done: Band-in-a-Box®: Why Does My Song Keep Looping?

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

(Additional Song Preferences you might also find useful: Global Song Overrides)

How to: Copy Chords and Song Info from Band-in-a-Box® to a Document

Did you know that you can copy the chords and other details of your Band-in-a-Box song into a document? We show you how in this video: How to Copy Chords and Song Info from Band-in-a-Box® to a Document

Learn more about this feature: Online Manual - Copy/Paste Chords as Simple Text

Forum Stats
36172 Members
64 Forums
74780 Topics
656726 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Gorkin, wshutts, Mindi, ebbot, Blaulichtschutz

36172 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 245