You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#696651 - 01/07/22 06:52 AM [Other Products FAQ] Dedicated Audio Editor Softare still in use alongside your DAW?
Loc: Germany
ThorstenV Offline
Enthusiast

Hi guys,
I wonder wether you still use a dedicated audio editor like Wavelab, Sound Forge or Audacity alongside your DAW for tasks like mastering or editing a rendered stereo file or use your DAW for all that, too - and if you prefer an audio editor for such finalizing tasks, which one would it be? Some years ago I got myself a budget-priced version of Sound Forge, but I don't like it too much because I dislike Magix and also it looks kind of outdated... Just like Audacity (which is at least free), so only yesterday, I tried Wavelab - and didn't like it at all anymore (I used to use it many years ago); to me, it appears confusing and not in the slightest user-friendly! Also it was crashing numerous times...
So I wondered what other audio editor I could try instead, before I eventually asked myself: Do I need one anyway, being a happy user of Studio One Professional....? So I'd like to forward this question to this forum in order to get a second opinion. Thanks in advance!

#696653 - 01/07/22 07:20 AM [Other Products FAQ] Re: Dedicated Audio Editor Softare still in use alongside your DAW? [Re: ThorstenV]
justanoldmuso Offline
Expert

ive always used reaper and realband for editing.
now with coming of 2022 biab i anticipate i'll also
use biab editor more.
i used to use forge, but no need now.
tween pg products and reaper i can do anything.
reaper is very deep if one is willing to plunge the
depths of its features (see vids at reaper.fm)..
(includeing denoising)
and pg rb has some triks up its sleeve too...check out
vinyl plug in dx sometime.
i recently used rb to "tart up" an old song i did in the tape age that i digitised.
best
om

Edited by justanoldmuso (01/07/22 07:28 AM)

#697509 - 01/10/22 09:49 PM [Other Products FAQ] Re: Dedicated Audio Editor Softare still in use alongside your DAW? [Re: ThorstenV]
Uncle Paul Offline
Enthusiast

I don't do much audio editing, so I cannot realy comment, But...

I have bought iZotopes RX9 Audio Editor, and that may be worth checking out.
I only use it to separate complete mixes into stems (musical balance), which is working fine. This was my sole reason to buy it.
But you have a lot more tools in there. All of those also as a PlugIn within Studio One. Only musical balance is "stand alone".

Being a Studio One user myself, I share your feeling that nothing else is needed.
Notation: Notion 6
Interface: NI Komplete Audio 6
Mic: RØde NT1-A
Controller: Panorama P6/KAWAI VPC1/Atom

#697514 - 01/10/22 10:10 PM [Other Products FAQ] Re: Dedicated Audio Editor Softare still in use alongside your DAW? [Re: ThorstenV]
Loc: Arcachon, France
TheMaartian Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Arcachon, France
I have been using Studio One Pro since v2. I've tried most of the audio editors and really didn't get on with any of them until I bought Acoustica Premium by Acon Digital.

Acoustica

The primary reason I wanted an audio editor in addition to SO Pro was for the spectral editing. That's something that no DAW offers. I work out of my house, not a studio. Lots of background noises of various types that need to be dealt with.

Acoustica is stable and FAST. It loads faster than just about any other app of any type that I own. It's user interface is light years ahead of SpectraLayers, my previous spectral editor.

For BiaB users, the included Remix tool could be very useful. It creates different instrument stems from 2-track stereo recordings.

Acoustica offers a 30-day free trial.

The Premium edition also includes the following:

- Mastering Suite consisting of Equalize 2, Dynamics, Multiband Dynamics, Limit and Dither.

- Verberate 2, our renowned natural sounding reverb plug-in

- Restoration Suite 2 with four plug-ins for audio restoration: DeNoise 2, DeHum 2, DeClick 2 and DeClip 2.

- Extract:Dialogue automatically reduces background noise in dialogue recordings

- DeWind:Dialogue automatically reduces wind noise from dialogue

- DeRustle:Dialogue automatically reduces clothing rustle and microphone bump noise from lavalier
recordings

- DeBuzz:Dialogue automatically reduces buzz and hum noises such as neon light buzz, AC power hum, RF transmission interference from dialogue recordings

- Transfer, an AAX plug-in that makes audio transfers between Pro Tools and Acoustica a breeze.

About the only thing NOT included is their Deverberate plugin; that's a separate purchase.

EDIT: I may need to walk back my comment re no DAW supporting spectral editing. Studio One v5.5 is due to be released today (11 January). It's 7h30 here in France, but it's not up yet. A screen shot looks like spectral editing of some type.

Edited by TheMaartian (01/10/22 10:39 PM)

#697869 - 01/12/22 03:14 PM [Other Products FAQ] Re: Dedicated Audio Editor Softare still in use alongside your DAW? [Re: justanoldmuso]
ThorstenV Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
ive always used reaper and realband for editing.
now with coming of 2022 biab i anticipate i'll also
use biab editor more.

Realband for editing?? "Biab editor"??? I'm confused...

Originally Posted By: Uncle Paul

I have bought iZotopes RX9 Audio Editor, and that may be worth checking out.

That's funny 'cause I actually already have RX! I just haven't installed it yet as it was part of the "Holiday Bundle" which I purchased about two weeks ago; need to migrate my system first onto a bigger SSD and plan to install all the Bundle's software (and it really is a lot!) in one go then.

I thought RX is a specialized program for restauration jobs, which is great, of course - but I can do all the "basic" stuff with it, as well??

Originally Posted By: Uncle Paul

Being a Studio One user myself, I share your feeling that nothing else is needed.

No-no, that's not what I said; I said - or at least meant - I'm not sure about it. wink And considering the benefit of probably quicker results when it's about simple tasks like less space in the beginning or volume balance and things like that I think I actually might need an editor (again).

Originally Posted By: TheMaartian

Sounds good! But I don't think I need these things you listed since I owe all that great iZotope stuff from the Holiday Bundle (as mentioned above). But maybe the standard version...? That one is only 59€, right?
But maybe I don't need that either... I guess I just have to check out RX which I already owe anyway! grin

Moderator:  Blake - PG Music 
PG Music News
Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows!

Here's what they're saying about Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows

"2022 is a true game changer, the biggest thing since the first RealTracks."
"Hands-down the best upgrade!"
"I always know I will love the RealTracks and this year is no exception. Some truly beautiful stuff in there."
"MicroChords is worth the upgrade alone. 4 chords per beat!"
"One of the most exciting upgrades to BIAB since I've been using the program and certainly the most fun to me!"
"Playable RealTracks + micro chords...WOW!"
"The new installer also makes it a breeze to download and install."
"Looks like everyone is in for a treat this year."
"I owned 2020 and now bought upgrade to 2022. New version is fantastic, I like the new features and styles!"
"I absolutely love the MC (microchords) up to 16 chords on a bar."
"There is something for everyone in the new version 2022!"
"This is a phenomenal update - really a game-changer!"
"Playable RealTracks are a game changer! Very powerful. Something we never thought could be done."
"One of the best Upgrades!"
...and more!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows - Special Ends This Weekend!

It's almost over!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows special ends on Saturday, January 15th!

Save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade by 11:59pm this Saturday!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows includes over 50 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.

XPro Styles PAK 2 - Special Ends January 15th!

Our special is over at 11:59pm on January 15th!

We've added 100 new RealStyles more to our XPro Styles collection with the just-released XPro Styles PAK 2!

These fresh new RealStyles will work with the Band-in-a-Box® Pro package contents! In fact, these will work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows package!

The brand-new XPro Styles PAK 2 expands your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 style library with 100 fully-produced arrangements including 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles.

Our XPro Styles PAKs are ON SALE UNTIL January 15th! Add XPro Styles PAK 1 or 2 to your collection for only $29 each... that's 40% off our regular price of $49! Want them both? Order the XPro Styles PAKs 1 & 2 Bundle for just $49!

Watch our Demos video, or pick and choose the demos you want to listen to when you visit our XPro Styles PAKs page.

Note: XPro Styles PAK 2 requires RealTracks from Band-in-a-Box® 2022 or higher and is compatible with any package, including Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows - Special Extended to January 15th!

You didn't miss out on great deals.... we've extended our special to January 15th!!

Save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows includes over 50 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! During our special (which ends Jan 15th), the Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Video: Producer Secrets- Mixing Drum Stems with Band-in-a-Box® 2022

New with Band-in-a-Box® 2022 - Drum Stems! These are separate tracks from the different mics in the RealDrums recording. We've included RealDrums Stems Set 1 and RealDrums Stems Set 2 in our 2022 Bonus PAKs, which means if you've purchased your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 this month (December), you have access to this exciting new feature!

There's now a detailed video tutorial on mixing drum stems in Band-in-a-Box®, which includes tutorial files to follow along with: Producer Secrets - Mixing Drum Stems

Currently, drums stems are available for 50 RealDrums, but there are more to come!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during December, and you'll receive a Free Bonus PAK*!

What does the Free Bonus PAK include?
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 34: Blues Piano and Organ (9 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 16: Fusion Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 11: Songs with Vocals volume 1 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 1 (20 RealDrums stems)
-MIDI Styles Set 84: Look Ma! More MIDI 7 (complete, 15 styles)
-Over 400 playable RealTracks (sfz sforzando files)
-RealCombos Booster PAK (30 New RealStyles, 26 Existing RealStyles, 109 RT's/RD's)

Want even more? Boost your Free Bonus PAK to the 49-PAK for $49 to add:
-60 Bonus RT/RD (20 more than in previous years)
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar (5 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocals volume 2 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 2 (20 RealDrums stems)
-Look Ma! More MIDI 8 (complete, 15 styles)

Learn more...

*excluding the $49 version upgrade purchase.

Band-in-a-Box® - 'Twas the Click Before Christmas!

Order any version of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows (on sale until December 31st!) and receive a download key right away for use with our One-Click Installer.

Make it a musical Christmas!

Looking for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac? Version 2021 is available, and can also be downloaded right away when you receive your order confirmation if purchasing from us directly!

Forum Stats
35553 Members
63 Forums
73007 Topics
636807 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
jeverist, jipjuan, RRBE Sound, smartkelly, Giospa

35552 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 238
Mark Hayes 233