Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
vicarn Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi all.
The muse has left me so far this year so I decided to build a shed instead while I contemplated my navel.
Then John Vaughan sent me a song he'd had recorded by a lady on "Fiver".
It was really muddy and indistinct with just two acoustic guitars so he asked if I could re mix it and add some instruments. I liked the song so I just took the vocal and tried to make it clearer with EQ, then deleted the guitars.
The hardest part was trying to work out the chords and then I added cajon, bass, 2x electric and 1 acoustic guitars from BIAB.
Took me 3 days of cussing but finally it came out sounding ok. (I think)

Any thoughts?

https://soundcloud.com/vic-arnold/blue-and-yellow

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I think this song tuned out great. The vocal was very captivating. Really keeps you engaged. Guitars were excellent as well. Really cool listen.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Vic,
Excellent tune. Liked it on many levels.
I think backing track, except for vocals and solo/lead guitar can come up a little. Maybe somebody with better ears can phrase it better. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I think you really delivered a quite remarkable result.

Interesting combination of melody and vocal and it really works. A fresh difference.

This song demonstrates excellent musical creativity and construction.

Frankly, this is a keeper.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very nicely done. I've worked a few tunes through the years where all I had was the vocal track(s) and had to reverse engineer the band from there. It's a challenge at times but once you get it worked out, it's worth it.

Nicely done.

The guitars are nicely done. Good tone selection, and tasty editing. I'd be curious to know what BB/RTs are being used. Personally, I would have brought in a nice drum kit about halfway through and made it big. But your choice to not do that worked well too.

I did have a bit of trouble understanding the vocals and what was being said. I moved to my ear buds and could pick out a bit more. The low vocals and airyness of them fits well for the overall groove of this song but also combined with the reverb, make the vocals indistinct in quite a few places. Posting the lyrics might certainly be useful to the understanding.

In spite of not being able to clearly understand the words, this is a pleasant song and I enjoyed it.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Vic...stellar job constructing or should I say reconstructing a track worthy of a great vocal...very powerful and haunting...I do this a lot with my older songs and it is a daunting task but well worth the effort...the track fits the vocals like a glove...BRAVO!!

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2023, Steinberg Cubase Pro 12, Wavelab 11.1, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
The nameless voice really pulled me into this... shades of Billie Eilish, or Julee Cruise. Moody music well made and well produced, and I appreciate how challenging this kind of compositing can be.

Last edited by Mark Hayes; 04/08/22 11:42 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I'm with Mark here - the vocal is what sells the song, and so as long as the arrangement supports the vocal, it's a success.

As other noted, the vocal is indistinct in places. I'd like to have had it closer in front, but it fits the mood.

The cajon seems off-beat in some places, and is so quiet, it doesn't really seem to be adding to the mix.

Still, very musical and kept my interest throughout.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
vicarn Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thank you Scott.
Much appreciated.

Vic

User Showcase
vicarn Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks Misha.
I upped them a little.

Vic

User Showcase
vicarn Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi AudioTrack.
Thanks for your encouragement.

Vic

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Great job with the backup... I love the singer and the song... Who is she..?

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Win-11; BiaB-2024-latest Beta;
Cakewalk; Melodyne-5; Scaler 2; NI Komplete:
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

User Showcase
vicarn Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Guitarhacker.
Yes, challenging but fun when you "get it".
I tweaked the vocal as much as I dared and was not able to get it any clearer.
I would have preferred to work with the dry track but that was not forthcoming.

"Drums" I did think about but I didn't want anything too busy. Maybe just a kick, hat and ride. I was thinking of dropping that part completely too.

Thanks for the suggs and for listening. More to consider.

Vic

User Showcase
vicarn Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Cheers, Firesong.
Glad you enjoyed it.

Vic

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Such a wonderful listen, Vic. A very good mix that adds so much interest to this already wonderful song. Contemplating your navel is a good way to reconnect with your creativity, Vic. Well, that and building a shed.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

I think this turned out great.

Very spell-binding.

User Showcase
vicarn Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thank you Mark. I just found out the singer is called Megan Ennenbergh.

Vic

User Showcase
vicarn Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thank you David.
Yes I agree about the cajon. I may ditch it. I picked it because I wanted a simple beat.
As for the vocal it was written in stone. Already had effects on it when I received it although I asked for dry stems but they weren't forthcoming.

Vic

User Showcase
vicarn Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Bloc-head.
Thanks. I found out today she is called Megan Ennenbergh.

Vic

User Showcase
vicarn Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks Marty.
Not sure which creativity is just a hobby at the moment.

Vic

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,462
Members38,439
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
MIX-I-MUSIX 2.0, Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195