Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I have my eye on a new Dell computer to replace my DAW. But scared to death about how I get all my music and software licenses from current machine to a new machine. Is it really as simple as getting some clone software (Acronis True Image) to do a file transfer?

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Expert
Expert
You quite likely have some software that is aware of its hardware environment and cannot simply be copied over. You may need to uninstall stuff from the old machine before installing on the new. Just keep both machines available until everything shakes out.

DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Well I am looking forward to this:
XPS Desktop 895012th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-12900 (30 MB cache, 16 cores, 20 threads, 2.40 GHz to 5.10 GHz Turbo)
32 GB, 2 x 16 GB, DDR5, 4400 MHz; up to 128 GB (add'l mem sold separately)
1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)

But not looking forward to that:
Quote:
You quite likely have some software that is aware of its hardware environment and cannot simply be copied over. You may need to uninstall stuff from the old machine before installing on the new. Just keep both machines available until everything shakes out.

Thanks

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
Sounds like a nice machine, but as mentioned, it's very unlikely that cloning software will work unless the hardware and all related configurations are identical to the original (and I'll bet they're not cry ).

I suspect that you're going to have to install all of your current software onto the new system. Take note as you probably need to take special action to transfer the license(s) in some cases.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Dan.
Thats a very nice system…but at this budget level , (and i dont wish you to be annoyed at me) might i suggest before a final decision you talk to various custom builders of pc’s for high end recording studios ?. cos this is a serious investment.
I believe also this might address one concern ie installing your software ,....which some builders will do.
ie..you get literally a “turnkey” system ready to go.
Many such custom pc’s are beasts for track and plug in counts.
Huge track and plug in counts. Because high end studios demand such.

Also another benefit of above is the company building the custom recording pc understands lots of the nuances of a recording studio. ..as well as sound devices/win etc etc.

All i’m suggesting is you consider alternatives.
If you do decide to consider this route then the reaper and gearspace recording forums have lots of references on custom builders. Lots of info on google also obviously.

I’m jealous of you lol.

Another alternative i might suggest is to look at refurb HP Z and LENOVO desktop workstations.
These are beasts also , and have been gone over by a MS certified refurbisher,..and go for often around 600 bucks with 1 year warranties. Have ssd’s, loads of ram, and are built like tanks. Many refurbishers will also allow returns within a certain time thus allowing testing etc.
but in this case you will needed to do all installs of your stuff.

I dont know what your max track/plug in counts are anticipated ?

Best/happiness
om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 04/21/22 04:46 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Veteran
Veteran
I'm on the opposite side of OM. I like your Dell setup and I'm a hard core Dell fan. That should be plenty of good power for anything you'll need to do in music. All my Dells have been excellent machines and they do have great service if you have an issue. I've mostly bought Dell refurbs as they have all the same warranty as a brand new machine. You can check out the Dell Outlet for refurbs.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
om
Thanks for recommendation. Yes, I am still concidering alternatives. The off the shelf dell is hitting $2500. I have not paid that much since the 1990's. But I just don't know who could build this for me.

By the way, this is what got me going on this idea.

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Steve.
Maybe there's some misunderstanding. So i’ll clarify.
I have 2 refurb dell pc’s here, that have given me sterling service.
Not one problem. EVER.
One for the net, and one for song development/roughing out ideas on the go.
And certainly if dan considers refurbs dell also has refurbs that are beasts.
But i understand he was concerned bout installation of his stuff, thus the custom recording pc suggestion.

Dan.
ok with that budget that puts you in custom pc territory.
if were me i would go on gearspace.com and reaper.fm
and start a new thread with the title ...
need recommends on builders of custom recording studio
pc's....youll get a ton of replies/recommends.

it would be helpfull to know your max track/plug in counts you would envisage. and do you anticipate useing big sample/orchestral libraries like many big studios ?

best to you both.
om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 04/21/22 05:28 AM.

(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso

it would be helpfull to know your max track/plug in counts you would envisage. and do you anticipate useing big sample/orchestral libraries like many big studios ?

Here is my current Reaper Project - all Orchestration midi. This should give you an idea... grin

Dan

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Capture.JPG (714.88 KB, 16 downloads)

Expert
Expert
FWIW, I think most software now installs on a new machine without too much trouble, but of course there are exceptions that show that's not a perfect statement.

PGM allows activation on three machines and you should deactivate an old license to activate on another machine. That's plenty for most, though I shot myself in the foot by replacing an activation without realising I was to do that. PGM were able to sort me out.

Pianoteq has three licenses, but they can be managed online if necessary.

All of the other music-related stuff I have has just installed and activated OK, including the various packages I have of this machine (Linux or Windows depending on what is my main task today). I presume they have some online verification at activation that allows them to spot gross abusers.

Software producers tend to use all sorts of thing from within the machine environment to verify ... host-name, CPU I/D, hard drive ID, LAN IP address, Ethernet MAC address and so on. I suspect they check that several match up to a maximum number of machines, before bouncing an activation. I also think they try to make that fairly user-friendly to avoid lots of "my software won't work" support calls. Of course none of that guarantees universal success.

Personally I tend to install on a new machine afresh and deal with issues if or when they arise. That means I install a new OS and avoid any legacy dirt, but it also means more work. YMMV.

Edit: All my music software is quite recent.

Last edited by Gordon Scott; 04/21/22 06:55 AM.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Dan.
As i’m vision impaired its difficult to tell.
Only bout 38 traks. Not huge…But if your using heavy cpu plug ins, makes a diff.
As i said i would go on gearspace and the reaper forums and see what people have bought custom pc’s say.
Heres one active vendor of many mentioned on recording forums.

https://www.adkproaudio.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwgYSTBhDKARIsAB8Kuktm4tLmEL5j31P7c6qrnnaR1A-wOySxZbPPIrp8kDs9FCJ1OGCWhLMaAjFxEALw_wcB

And another …..but there are many others….all normally have lots of customer references on their net sites.

https://silentpc.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwgYSTBhDKARIsAB8Kukt4pggtfbsK_jfoN1m0jmavUTfsYKD7om5A8pOEkxJviB7_rEUHSdIaAngxEALw_wcB

Best advice i can give you if you go the custom pc route is to clearly define your needs on paper regarding max trak and plug in counts, as well as the plug ins you want to use , and the sound device you use as well as other items of importance to you….and then share it with the builder so all is clear and unambiguous. Eg if you want the fastest boot rocket ship time…lol..tell them also. Make sure you get a good long warranty also.
Its sorta like when i used to spec out tech with end users, …identify needs, send spec to vendors and get back pricing etc etc. then shortlist and get user references etc etc.

Best
om
ps there are lots of pc daw builds on you tube and the reaper and gearspace forums as well google such.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 04/21/22 08:01 AM.

Veteran
Veteran

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I think not, the cloning of hard drives is done to replace only the hard drive. If you change your pc or specifically motherboard and cpu it is very sure that it will not work and you will have to do a clean installation. Each computer or motherboard has a unique physical MAC address and I think that makes it impossible.

" MAC addresses are made up of 48 bits, usually represented by hexadecimal digits. Since each hexadecimal is equivalent to four binaries (48:4=12), the address ends up being made up of 12 digits grouped in six pairs, usually separated by a colon, although there may also be a hyphen or nothing at all. Thus, an example of a MAC address could be 00:1e:c2:9e:28:6b.

These digits are not random. Three of the six MAC address pairs identify the manufacturer, and the other half identify the device model. For example, the numbers 00:1e:c2 in the address example always belong to the manufacturer Apple Inc, while the last six determine the device model.

If you are curious, you can find specialized search engines to find out the manufacturer of a device depending on the first six digits of its MAC."

Also tell you that if you like to ride and disassembling things, assembling a pc does not require much knowledge as before and you can save or invest more money in it. Surely many of us here could help you if you took the step to build it.
All the best

To the one who gets up early, nobody makes him breakfast.
Journeyman
Online Content
Journeyman
I just went through this to a brand new Dell, similar to your specs. I did a clean install of everything I owned, and I am glad I did as it allowed me to better organize all my stuff. Every single piece of software I own installed with ease and most of them didn't even need anything more than using my existing logins and passwords. I had a couple that were on a USB dongle, and that was as simple as moving the dongle over. I then took out the old hard drives from my old system and using USB docks connected them to the new system, just in case I needed something that I forgot to migrate over etc. Once I was satisfied with all that I wiped those drives and now use them for backup, and storage etc.

It was not difficult, just time consuming. Some of my huge libraries that were download types, I just started the download before bedtime. I have a 1 Gig fiber connection but even with that NI's KOMPLETE takes a few hours to download and install the huge number of instruments, same with IK's Total Max and so on. With IK, you have to keep the install downloads, because after 180 days you can't get them from their website after that time. I use an old PG Music external drive for that!

I am very, very happy with my Dell. I had been an HP guy for years, after I stopped building my own, but I think Dell is the way to go. Customer service is excellent as well.

Good luck!!

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.
Journeyman
Online Content
Journeyman
The system you are describing should run just about anything you want. The more RAM the better when it comes to loading VST Instruments. I have 64GB. 32GB should work just fine for as much as you want to do.

My wife asked if I had seen the dog bowl. I told her I didn't even know he could.
Veteran
Veteran
Reinstalling programs is a lot easier and faster if all of your data, sounds, pictures, etc, are on drives other than your C:/ drive. Just DL the program and swap out your data drive(s). Been there-done that.

You probably already knew this but just in case I had to say it.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Veteran
Veteran
Dan,
Don't try the clone approach. I ain't going to work (but you already know that). There are no shortcuts in what you need to achieve.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks guys. BIAB, Toontracks, NI, Spitfire, MSOffice and on and on and on... (see picture for a few more examples...) This seems a bit challanging but I appreciate the encouragement. I will let you know.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Capture.JPG (145.5 KB, 87 downloads)

Veteran
Veteran
You'll have a fun time. For me it's a matter of keeping track of all my vendor accounts as well as access keys, license, etc. As long as you are on top of that, you should be good. The good thing with starting from a fresh machine is that you can just install stuff as you need it. I do a dump from the old machine/old image of all the "Programs and Features" programs listed. Then when I build the new machine, I just check each program off as it's installed. The method has worked for me for quite a few years. If you use CCleaner Free or paid, you can export the "Programs and Features" as a text file. I import that to a spreadsheet and geek out..... LOL

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
Veteran
Veteran
Dan, I loved the icon display. I think you missed one, though. laugh

For anyone in general, I have a folder named Downloads. In it are folders for each application. In each application folder are at least two or three files:

The install EXE file
A text file with registration codes and account info
Any tutorials, links, instructions, tips etc.

Any files in this Downloads folder are copied each time it is changed, to another computer and to a traveling hard drive.

I’m sure everyone has a similar system, and it’s critical when you need to reinstall.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Dan.
A further thought that might save the expense of a new machine.
(but maybe you want one anyway.)
Let me explain....and bear in mind when i7 was the only beast around/game in town big studios were getting impressive performance i understand.

A lot of studios using sample libs run at least 3 drives.
One for win, one to record/playback multitrack, and one for sample storage.
(Some big studios of course have huge rigs.)

Where sometimes one can get a performance hit IS if win is on same drive as One is recording to. and/or putting massive sample libs on same drive one is using
To record/playback etc. Now with coming of ssd’s its alleviated the contention syndrome somewhat…Depends on the pc config.

THUS if your not running the above 3 drive set up ,ie 2 , i would try a third drive solely for
big sample libs and see how much that affects performance via testing in reaps which has all sorts of performance stats built in.

To go further it might be best to get info on how your drives are set up now.
..WIN on its own drive ?
..Seperate drive for reaps recording/playback ie the tracks. ?
..Seperate drive for sample libs ??
..where do the biab real traks reside ? assuming you use them ??
..just midi with plug ins ?? most pc’s will eat midi alive…with light plug ins.

Heres another vendor of custom pc’s i found on reaps forums.
Notice the testimonials at bottom…

https://studiocat.com/opencart2/

Personally i really like the rack mount powerhouses that many big studios use.
Absolutely massive track and plug in counts…but often expensive.
If you go on gearspace or reaps youll see lots of high performance stats quoted.

Happiness.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 04/22/22 04:48 AM.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley

For anyone in general, I have a folder named Downloads. In it are folders for each application. In each application folder are at least two or three files:

The install EXE file

Any files in this Downloads folder are copied each time it is changed, to another computer and to a traveling hard drive.

I’m sure everyone has a similar system, and it’s critical when you need to reinstall.

Matt, I do the exact same thing. I store that data on external HDs, including the one in my bank's safe deposit box.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, the sub-folders in my separately 'saved downloads' \Music\ folder on a separate drive, includes 40 main sub-folders which include IK Multimedia, Focusrite, BiaB (every version / release / patch / update since 2012), Native Instruments, Melodyne, M-Audio, Roland, Session Keys, Sonar and more currently consists of:
2,366 files, 345 folders, and takes 310Gb or storage
(and many of these are just the licenses to download the full products)

Veteran
Veteran
Matt/Mario/Trevor - Same here. I back up all that stuff to external USB HDDs too.

Steve

Veteran
Veteran
Yep. Nothing new here, just appropriate preventative care.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Journeyman
Online Content
Journeyman

The install EXE file

+1 to this. It is vital to keep the important stuff!

DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Love all the advice. Thanks guys.

I generallly have the original downloads for everything, until I go looking and can't find something. crazy
Otherwise, Regarding HDD Space, not something I currently have a shortage of. But I am looking forward to the SSD in the future. grin

Capture.JPG (21.42 KB, 104 downloads)

Veteran
Veteran
For backup of my downloaded installation files, I actually prefer using a hard disk to an SSD. I think it might be more likely to last longer with failing. That could be wrong.

DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
For backup of my downloaded installation files, I actually prefer using a hard disk to an SSD. I think it might be more likely to last longer with failing. That could be wrong.

I had a non-boot SSD for data some years back. It Failed! Today I have the 6TB HDD - with USB 3.1 Type-C port for external backup. Provides data transfer speeds up to 10 Gbps. Nevertheless, I am planning on a SSD boot drive and hoping things have gotten better.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello!

Our license states that you can only have Band-in-a-Box installed on one computer at a time. However, we understand that customers often have multiple computers, get new machines, or need to travel, so your activation code is good for installation on three personal computers. If you want to free up an activation, we recommend releasing it from the old machine if you won't own it or use it anymore.

As a general rule of thumb, I don't typically recommend copying any program directory to a new location. For a lot of programs, that won't work, as there's usually files stored elsewhere on your computer that tell the program its a legitimate install, but also files or aspects of a program may get installed to different paths or locations that you may not always know where to look for. Some programs even have protection against copying things to prevent sharing it with friends who haven't paid.

In our case, files get installed into different locations, so to ensure that you have a complete and proper install, it's best to install from your original media, be it downloads or a physical copy like a harddrive or flash USB stick. That way you know everything is where it should be.

Cheers,
Ember
Veteran
Veteran
Years ago, I did an upgrade on my business computer. I used cloning software and to my surprise, almost everything came up running nicely. One or two programs required me to reinstall or reactivate with my serial number key.

As with Band in a Box.... quite a few software programs allow you to have only a certain number of activations at a given time. Several other programs I have are similar. You have to go in and manually release the activation in order to reinstall and activate it on a new machine. I forget which program it was but due to issues I was having, I had uninstalled it a reinstalled it several times and I ran out of activations. I had to contact that company and they were able to reset my activations to zero so I could install it and get it running.

It's always best to do clean installs and enter the activation key. If you're over the limit, you can always go back on the original older machine and release that activation cleanly.

Good luck.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
C
C
If you move your NI libraries to an external drive, the Native Access app has a very nice feature that allows you to find your libraries if you move to a new machine. It saves a lot of download time.

DrDan Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ChrisJW
If you move your NI libraries to an external drive, the Native Access app has a very nice feature that allows you to find your libraries if you move to a new machine. It saves a lot of download time.

Thanks for that info. I do believe I have seen that option in the past if I tried to move a library. Good to know it may be my best option come the big transfer.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,485
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195