Go To
#756260 03/03/23 06:41 AM
User Showcase
olemon Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Tell Me Now

Another one from years ago, 1988, which was the year I met my Wife. At some point during those first few months we were going together this tune started playing in my head. I just recently added the bridge and called it done.

It was always an upbeat sort of rocker of the 80's vibe I suppose, though I didn't envision quite this dense of a mix. So thankful for PG Music and those Real Tracks. I tried many including Held variations - fairly sure the list is correct. I also created two additional BiaB Songs, one for generating Lead Guitar parts and one for generating the Oohs/Aahs. Those arrangements were simpler with fewer chord changes minus the Pushes and so on.

My loudness target for the SoundCloud master was -10 LUFS.

Appreciate any and all comments and feedback.

Style: Proxy Poppy Alt Rock Guitar
RD: Rock Texas ^5

Bass: 1523
Pianos: 1275, 1690, 2023, 2046

Ac Gtrs: 1596, 3936

Elec Gtrs: 1169, 1260, 2636, 2688

BGV Oohs/Aahs: 2676, 3552, and Nectar 2

The Riff: My Tele

olemon #756287 03/03/23 09:31 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Scott, man this came out well. I can hear that 80's vibe you speak of, but I think it lends itself well to current music too. I have a tendency to listen to music through "country ears", and could see how this song could fit well in that genre too. I thought it was a good, strong write, but I really like your arrangements and production too. Your use of different guitars and their placement was really cool. I "liked" it so I can more easily reference it on any future projects I may have. Well sung too. Enjoyable all the way through!

Brad

olemon #756290 03/03/23 09:46 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Scott, as most of your songs have, this one has an outstanding vocal. Good idea to have a signature lick. It works well. Nicely produced and a very good write. I liked it a lot and will return to listen again,Tom

olemon #756355 03/03/23 02:23 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Scott, this is fantastic.
Great groove that like Brad said fits well into both the 80's and the Nashville Country genres.
Super vocal and outstanding chops!
Love that backing band.
Great mix.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
olemon #756599 03/05/23 03:56 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Yeow, top-notch composition and production, Scott. Such a good vocal and harmony. You sure have a knack for squeezing the best out of BiaB tracks. So glad you polished this one off and gave it such an entertaining facelift.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
olemon #756607 03/05/23 04:46 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Awesome, Scott! Great structure to the song and use of the lead guitar to fill and swell the spaces! My only suggestion is to post the lyrics either in the song description in SoundCloud or in the BIAB forum post.

olemon #756614 03/05/23 06:11 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Scott, I could tell from the first 3 bars that I would like this; and I do.

Great arrangement and I can understand your vocals clearly without the lyrics.

Good job man.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
olemon #756631 03/05/23 08:41 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ah, so you're another User who makes up 2 or more SGUs for the same song to get all your 'extras' in.
One day they'll fix Utility Tracks so they conform to F5 demands like the others do.
In the meantime - I think this is a great Rocker. Super full sound and good vocals too.
Bests
Ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
olemon #756634 03/05/23 09:08 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Scott,
Neat tune. Super vocals, and guitar parts that you play. Great showcase of your BIAB skills. Clear mix & good drive.
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

olemon #756642 03/05/23 10:02 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Yep, nice happy 80s vibe from when they still had guitar solos smile
I like it.

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
olemon #756937 03/07/23 09:41 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice one, Scott.

Good riff-y production. Cool guitars.
the drums sound like they are "missing" some high EQ (they seem a bit "dull").
Excellent vocals. (I actually thought that they were "too clear", too-up-front for the style)
Great to see you posting again.

fj

floyd jane #756993 03/08/23 12:53 AM
User Showcase
olemon Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks for the feedback, Floyd.

I agree about the vocal being too loud. I kept turning it down and thought I had it, but it's still not right. The reverb could use a tweak too I think, maybe a gate or just a little less on the Send.

As for the drums, I was trying to tame that hi-hat and may have gone too far.

Thanks again.

Scott

olemon #757010 03/08/23 04:32 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Scott,

I enjoyed this very much.

Good vocals
Excellent choice of guitarist real tracks and phrases
Good mix and good light and shade all the way through

"I agree about the vocal being too loud. I kept turning it down and thought I had it, but it's still not right. The reverb could use a tweak too I think, maybe a gate or just a little less on the Send."

Yes I agree also - the vocal is a touch too loud in the opening verse and a slightly longer reverb. All this comes right later in the song when the lead guitarists are going for it and the vocal harmonies are present. Easily and quickly fixed.

You have a good country voice for these Southern America Rock Songs and I thought I was listening to Lynard Skynard when the two guitarists were going for it panned hard left and right.

Multiple BIAB songs - yes I often have to create multiple BIAB songs and then meld them together in my DAW. Easy to do and gives you all the control you need.

Great work - look forward to the next song.

Best Regards
Nigel

Nigel Spiers
Christchurch, New Zealand
info@nzacoustics.com
olemon #757575 03/12/23 06:13 AM
User Showcase
olemon Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Update 3/12/23:

I made a few adjustments to the track per comments/suggestions. Link in OP is to new version.

Also, someone recommended I include the lyrics:

Tell me now
When I see you look at me
In your eyes
Is it love I see

When we dance
The two of us
Does your heart skip with each touch
Tell me now

Tell me now
I've been waiting day by day
For the one
Who's love will stay

Is it you
Do I rush in
And give my heart away again
Tell me now

Chorus:

Tell me now I need to know
Do I let this new love grow
Tell me now before I fall
Just to find it wasn't love at all
Tell me now

Bridge:

Am I what you want or just the guy next door
Have you ever felt like this before

NigelSpiers #757576 03/12/23 06:15 AM
User Showcase
olemon Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thanks, Nigel. I tried to fix the problems and uploaded the adjusted track.

Scott

olemon #757733 03/13/23 08:54 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This great country rocker gave us a joyous nostalgic feeling!

Excellent vocals and the band and melody fit the urgency of the fine lyric very well.
Those extra sgu’s for the solos worked a charm and that snare pop is great!

We love an open airy mix, irrespective of genre, and this fits that notion to a T.

Enjoyed it!

olemon #757776 03/13/23 01:14 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Good song with a melody that has staying power. Excellent strong and clear vocal. Good arrangement and production. I like the panning of the different guitar bits.

olemon #757784 03/13/23 01:51 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice one.
The empty channel (L) in the 1st verse seemed a bit odd.
The slight borrowing of the Won't Be Fooled Again riff is well deployed.
Good voice.
I'm not sure the disjointed solo worked though.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,662
Posts735,548
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173