Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Post your own Tips and Tricks here
Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
I wasn't sure where to start this thread, so this seemed appropriate as it shows starting with EZkeys VST2 in BIAB.
Please share other 3rd party MIDI content that works well with EZKeys (or other EZ products if you prefer)
The pack I am auditioning is Piano Sentiments by Frontline Producer that is available from loopmasters (on sale at the time of posting this video. (I am not affiliated with them)

Veteran
Veteran
There is a ton of helpful midi files in BIAB. I downloaded some Bass midi from Groove Monkey and paid $12 but, it was very simple and not so useful.

I downloaded my old copy of Sonar from the old Cakewalk site. It was still there after 12 years.
There was midi in Sonar from Session Drummer, but only a few that I listened to that I thought would be useful.

So...as of late, I have been forced to play midi bass on my keyboard or bass guitar to use in EZBass and or Trillian.

I have EZDrummer2 and Superior Drummer from Toontracks, which have almost anything you would need. I also have Addictive Drums, which has better midi for rock. Good drum midi is not hard to find. I also have a drummer friend in Australia who does live tracks for me on midi drum kits or acoustic kits that midi triggers.

Toontracks Suppeor Drummer is a complex drum program to use but provides the ultimate in function.

For EZKeys, there is what can be had from Toontracks at $29 each and sometimes on special for as low as $10. I have a lot of it, some really good and other packs I bought I did not like. The midi was well done; I just did not like the style. There are a ton of midi piano tracks in BIAB that you can play out in EZKeys.

In searching for midi for certain cover songs, I found that a difficult process.

The best possible midi comes from shilled keyboard players. Best to marry one...lol

99% of the free midi was worth just about what it cost. There is a small amount of good midi I have found from sorting through a zillion karaoke songs but what a PITB. I had a hard drive that had about 2000 karaoke songs but it died and to tell the truth, I am glad it is gone.

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo
S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S
I have EZDrummer3, EZBass, EZKeys (just upgraded to 2), and EZmix2.

I mostly use the Midi packs from Toonetracks and trying to buy them during the various sales periods.

For EZDrummer3 I have found some useful 3:rd part midi packs from Groove Monkey, Oddgrooves and Platinum samples.

For EZBass and EZKeys I have not yet found anything useful 3rd party midi.

(mostly traditional styles in genres like country, blues, rock, pop, ballads and like)

Veteran
Veteran
Here is my DEMO using 3rd party Midi in EZKeys 1.

I agree, there is not a lot of 3rd party midi avialable for EZKeys. No necessaryily a bad thing since EZKeys sales some very good content. In this example, I doubt that this 3rd party content was actually written with EZkeys in mind, but it does work well in this case.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Dan,
Your 3rd party guy has nice sets. Thank you for the demo! I will likely pick up a couple when they go on some deep sale.

Veteran
Veteran
How much midi is in Biab ?
Super Midi Tracks to Toontracks

This is just so easily done in RapidComposer way more that what EZKeys can do
Watch: Biab-RapidComposer4-2.mp4

Biab RapidComposer VST

Veteran
Veteran
Don't forget you have Guitar Pro Tabs (thousands), if you don't have Guitar Pro you can use TuxGuitar that will convert to midi it also has a batch converter under the Tools menu.
And as mentioned you can load Guitar Pro Tabs in Ample VST's and the free Ample and drop the phrases into RapidComposer and it will play all the GP articulations over any chord or octave.

You have Midi Mutator that is included in RapidComposer or separate.

Drop a MIDI pattern on MIDI Mutator to start transforming it into a new original pattern! Fully replace or slightly modify the rhythm with a single click. Experiment with other chord voicings, or replace the chords. Bass lines, chord patterns work equally well. The new MIDI sequence can be dragged directly to your DAW, or stored with a single click.

• regenerate the rhythm using 6 rhythm generator algorithms from RapidComposer, plus a new one that preserves exact note and rest lengths, suitable for modern genres
• use rhythm from another MIDI file
• slice a pattern, then rearrange slices randomly
• displace notes randomly, randomize note positions and/or lengths
• extend, widen, randomize chord voicings, replace the chord progression
• change the beat positions to change the feel
• replace or randomize accents
• increase/decrease polyphony
• randomize pitches
• for monophonic phrases: change the contour, add connecting notes.
• simple activation. No internet connection is required for activation or operation

Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Not sure how RC relates to 3rd party Midi packs for EZkeys...

Veteran
Veteran
Re: SuGgEsTiOnS welcomed
Whatever Midi you Mutate you can add to EZKeys Library, all these things work together.
Did you try the EZKeys Library I uploaded and see the folder structure and naming.
All this allows you to create up 3rd party libraries, can you dig it ?
This is not just limited to EZK you can do it for EZB and EZD.
See the bass and percussion generators ?
Don't wait for more years to pass until it dawns on you.
I know I post things that may be hard to get your head around but trust me they will become common place or even added as features in Biab down the track as they have been.
Where was everyone when I was posting Playable RealTracks all those years ago ?? Where were they when I was posting midi chord tracks for virtual instruments ?
Where were they when I was posting info on Biab chord track in EZKeys.
The best thing to do is go to this little unknown hidden spot but look through it all going way back and you will soon see how this relates
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=31&page=1
There must of been a time when you never knew about Biab.

Veteran
Veteran
I came to a bit of an epifiany regarding the use of midi in EZKeys. When I did my video above I mentioned, "...I don't know how this does what it does". So I have been looking at it closer.

It turns out ANY midi file can be used in the EZKeys midi library. I inserted a BIAB folder containing a slew of midi content from all my scratch files over the past year into the EZKeys midi browser menu. Every .mid file in the folder then appeared as a selection to be used as part of the Browser Midi provided in EZKeys. If I pulled that selection to the EZKeys timeline, it would act as a midi player and show the chord names and play them as is. But if I used that selection as "Browser Midi" to rewrite the song blocks it would morph the midi to play the new chords in the groove and manner of the whatever is in the library selection.

Easy to reproduce this all yourselfs to see what it is doing. So I think musocity is pointing out that any and all of the BIAB midi content is fair game to be inserted into EZKeys as "3rd party" midi.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Dan, you probably were not following "VST>VST" EZkeys thread in "Recording" closely. I have mentioned this:

"EZkeys, while tailored for their "own" synths, as a program itself is just a fancy and convenient arpeggiator/phrase player with bunch of other features.
So... You can use MIDI phrases in EZkeys that were meant for completely different instruments (Strings, flutes, etc.) and since it has MIDI OUT function, you can hook it up to any other VST that has these Strings, flutes, etc. And you will get completely new usage out of EZkeys."

This will work in BIAB by dragging out timeline from EZkeys to empty track and re-voicing with any other VST of choice.
But a better way would be to have EZkeys MIDI "out" send data directly to synth of choice. Unfortunately this is not available yet in BIAB. (*Having a conversation with my self)

If I understood intentions correctly, Musocity "suggestion", has to do with EZkeys VS RC. Which is not a bad conversation, just doesn't seem to fit the theme of this thread.

Veteran
Veteran
If I had VArranger and someone said to me about Biab I would go and check it out, then I might end up with Biab and I would be thankful for that user mentioning Biab and not just keep on subject about VArranger.
If users read the post and think wow I might buy EZD but then later find RC and think wow this does all that and more for the same price why did I buy EZK ?

Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Musocity,
my hope for this thread was that people would share info on 3rd party Midi packs that would work nicely with Ezkeys. Hopefully non mechanical, melodic, swing, rhythmical with interesting twists, etc.

So far only Dan and I provided leads...

Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Here is my DEMO using 3rd party Midi in EZKeys 1.

I agree, there is not a lot of 3rd party midi available for EZKeys. No necessarily a bad thing since EZKeys sales some very good content. In this example, I doubt that this 3rd party content was actually written with EZKeys in mind, but it does work well in this case.

Do you have a link to Todd's website to purchase his MIDI files? I had no luck trying to find it via Google search. Thanks in advance.

ThinkPad i9 32GB RAM 7TB SSD; Win11 Pro; PreSonus Studio 1810c; BiaB 2024 Ultra
Studio One 6 Pro; MuseScore 4; Melodyne 5 Studio; Acoustica Premium 7; Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 5; NI S61 MK3; Focal Shape 65; Beyerdynamic DT 880 & 770
Veteran
Veteran

Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
Musocity, what are we looking at? Shooties lib?
Have you tried any of these with EZKeys? What would be your recommendation?

As I understand the ghosthack and "niko" were briefly discussed within context of EZkeys and seems not worth the game (I double that opinion)

Veteran
OP Online Content
Veteran
TheMaartian, here is Dan's guy: mediamusicmasterystore.com
If you stay on site for few minutes (and have your pop-up blocker turned off) you should get a window to sign up for newsletter... and get a free MIDI pack. You can get it, to see if it works for you.

Veteran
Veteran
I looked at the packs and you have from 10-20 loops (10x phrases, many :45 to 1:00) at a slow tempo there's not much playing.
You have an absolutely massive PG midi library of midi.
You have the RealCharts from the Yamaha acoustic/midi piano.
There is so much more playing with the PG it's not short bits n pieces midi loop library. That's why I suggested to PG to create some Toontrack libraries from their midi.
I went through all this with audio loop packs (and midi) they are so limited in the playing compared to PG.
Lot of chords but little playing:
https://www.sessionbandloops.com/royalty-free-jazz-loops-sessionband-jazz-volume-1/

Veteran
Veteran
Why RC ?

Quote:
good point! I am working on copying/pasting controller events. I expect this implemented in a few days in the next beta version.

Thanks,
Attila

things asked for are implemented and release in a very short time, yes a few days, not years.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musocity

You have an absolutely massive PG midi library of midi.
You have the RealCharts from the Yamaha acoustic/midi piano.

OK, so where are the BIAB super midi content (.mid) located? In what folder? I don't think that exists for us. Are you suggesting we extract the midi from the hundreds of .sgu files? Then put those into a folder so they could be used in EZKeys?

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,612
Posts735,118
Members38,516
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
maxrob61, TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose
38,516 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182