Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Good day all....

I'm not one that writes quirky, humorous songs so this is my first effort.
Once I got started the lyrics came somewhat easily.
I'd guess we've all had "One Of Those Days". smile

BIAB is bass/drums
Ken Lasaine on all guitars
https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966/one-of-those-days-ken-lasaine-on-guitars

Thanks to anyone who stops by and wants to hear about someone else's bay day. smile
Hope you find it worthy of you time.

Verse 1:
Another early morning with a yawn and a stretch. If I knew what was coming, I’d have stayed in my bed.
I stubbed my toe and now it’s all black & blue. I spilled my coffee, all over my shoes.
Stumble through the kitchen to let the dog out. There’s my toast on the floor and it’s butter side down.
Thought I’d treat myself to brews and a steak, but there’s a flat tire staring me in the face.

Chorus:
It’s one of those days when nothing goes right.
I think I’ll play it safe and stay home for the night.
It could be paranoia and it’s all in my mind.
Still, I scrubbed my vacation and cancelled my flight.

Verse 2:
Out to check the mail and see what’s waiting for me. I’m reaching inside and got stung by a bee.
The wind was howling when I heard that sound. The door slammed shut and I locked myself out.
I had a bad feeling, it’s starting to rain. Every window’s locked tight, guess I’m to blame.
I called my brother ‘cause he’s got a key. His message said that he’ll be back in a week.

Chorus:
(4) Bar intro: to lead break Bm/ A/ G//
Lead break: verse music + chorus music
Bm/ A/ G// (4X) F#m7/ B/ F#m7/ B G/ A/ B//

Verse 3:
I hear my neighbor Jonesy is laughing out loud. He said he saw me shake my fist at the clouds.
That’s how it goes. It’s all in a day. Time for me to choose which window to break.

Chorus to end:

© Wayne Evans: music & lyrics Feb 29, 2023

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 04/07/23 01:31 PM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Man this was an enjoyable listen, especially when I realized my day went a whole lot better !
Great vocal and great guitar work by ken.

Anybody tell you that Huey Lewis (and the News) stole your style?

And tell Jonsey to help fix the window wink

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Mornin' BT....

I got a good laugh out of your comments.
Got it....I'll get "Jonsey" to help fix my window. smile
I figured the song topic would be ubiquitous and most could relate to experiencing one of those days.
Ha...on the "Huey Lewis" comment.

Thank you very much for giving a listen and the kind words....much appreciated.

Have a great weekend everyone....

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 04/08/23 04:36 AM.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Whew, it's good to know I'm not the only one who's had days like this! I'm glad you ventured into this style of writing, you did a great job. I liked so many lines in this, and began laughing out loud when that toast hit the ground - butter side down. I wouldn't have thought of that, very clever. You did a great job with your vocal making the song sound so relatable - and fantastic guitar work all the way through. Fun song!

Brad

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Cool lyrics :>}
Made me smile and tap my toes all the way through it.
I like the guitar leads and the chord changes too.
Nice job!

Elliott Kayne
elliottkayne@gmail.com
https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic
https://www.facebook.com/ekayne

Health, Wealth, Family, Faith, Friends, and Fun

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
It's a fun tune with some great guitar tones.
I was hankering for more "perfect" rhymes though.
It's an unusual step to reduce the arrangement for the chorus but it works well - except for the last line "Still, I scrubbed my vacation and cancelled my flight." which seems both rushed and fighting the guitar for dominance.
Well done both of you.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Good song. You've got a great guitar player backing you up. Looked at his web site, impressive stuff.

Nice work.

Peter

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Howdy Brad....

Ha... no...you're not the only one.
He had a bad day.
It was a 'venture'...I almost didn't finish this one for upload thinking it may not stick to the wall.
Ken disagreed so I soldiered on to wrap it up in spite of my confidence issue with this one.

Howdy Elliott....
It was a different write for me but I guess it's good for one to get out of ones comfort zone occasionally. smile
Yep...I'm fortunate to have an accomplished axe player that thought enough of my material to contribute.
Maybe I did something right over the years.

G'day mate....
I've written many songs where the rhymes far are more 'perfect'.
But, I think close rhymes are just fine which makes the lyrics less common, less predictable yet still lyrical to the ear.
Close rhymes are frequently less cliche and require much deeper thought for them to work.
In hindsight I could have used: "So I scrubbed my vacation....".
That damn 'hindsight' thing likes to rear its head. smile

Gentlemen....(figure of speech smile )
I thank you all for taking the time to listen along with all the generous comments.
It's truly appreciated coming from our peers.

Have a great day!

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 04/12/23 01:38 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Yea, we have had one of those days before!
“They” say that misery loves company, right? smile

We almost felt guilty for tapping our feet and smiling as we listened.

You and Ken are a great team and we always enjoy your productions.
Great mix that sets up a most enjoyable soundstage on our monitors.

We think you nailed the “quirky, humorous” bit for this song!

J&B

PS A friend pointed out to us some of the accomplishments of Ken. Very impressive!

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Well howdy J&B (they named a Scotch after you! :))

Ha....yes, "misery does love company".

"Tapping our toes" to someone else's bad day always seems acceptable. smile
I'm glad to have 'nailed' the quirky, humorous genre but it will probably be my last for a while.
I have a new one on my plate which is more my normal fair.

(BTW....I'm trying to get "Jonesy" to help me with my window replacement since he mocked my behavior towards the clouds but he's not answering his phone (?). Maybe he's out picking us up a sixer of Heineken.
Or, went on vacation)

Thanks so much for giving it a spin and all the kind words....much appreciated.
Have a great day....

EDIT: I spoke with Ken today and he thinks he knows the person you may be referring to.
I'm unable to PM you
Feel free to PM if you like.)

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 04/13/23 12:07 PM.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well, I cannot relate to the story... except shaking my fist at the clouds, every day or if there are no clouds then at the wind smile Funny lyrics, made me smile, compassionately. Nice light rocking rhythm, good guitars and vocals.

BTW. Have you read about Buttered cat paradox?

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wayne & Ken
Very cool tune. Super lyrics! A+ performance. I am don't know if you followed some suggestions or not, but first thing that came to mind, you figured out vocal levels! Perfect balance. The only critical comment on vocals is, they dive in a little on choruses and it feels it is not the "loudness" but EQ thing. Ken is wonderful guitarist. I really like his playing. I wish PG would record a few RTs with him. Enjoyed it and thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Howdy Misha....
I'll check out your observation on the chorus vox.
If someone here has made an observation about a song I'll always revisit it to see if we agree.
But....with countless system configurations and different ears mixing can become a real rabbit hole. smile

Mornin' Janne....
Ha....no....haven't heard about the Buttered Cat Paradox.
I'll check out the link you provided.
Glad you 'can't' relate to the story....I wouldn't wish it on anyone. smile

Thanks very much to you both for giving a listen, the kind comments and thoughtful observation.
Have a great weekend!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is so SO GOOD, Wayne. Man, you definitely should do more of these humorous songs. I'm all alone here and actually laughing out loud. Man, excellent guitar work from Ken, too. I wanted to pick out a line or two to quote, but the whole package is just perfect. And launched it in the best melody. Really liked it all.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Well good mornin' Marty....

Ha..."more humorous songs".
Hmmmm4....that means I'd really have to create a "Much Worse Day" scenario title for the next one. smile
Once I got started on the lyrical stream of consciousness the lyrics came quicker/easier for some reason.

Those are very generous comments and are very much appreciated.
Thanks much for giving it a listen and very kind comments.

Have a great everyone....

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 04/16/23 01:52 AM.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi chulaivet1966

The little everyday problems are well written in your lyrics. I love the perfect symbiosis between your voice and the solo guitar. It's well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
Alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
Well howdy J&B (they named a Scotch after you! :))

Ha....yes, "misery does love company".

"Tapping our toes" to someone else's bad day always seems acceptable. smile
I'm glad to have 'nailed' the quirky, humorous genre but it will probably be my last for a while.
I have a new one on my plate which is more my normal fair.

(BTW....I'm trying to get "Jonesy" to help me with my window replacement since he mocked my behavior towards the clouds but he's not answering his phone (?). Maybe he's out picking us up a sixer of Heineken.
Or, went on vacation)

Thanks so much for giving it a spin and all the kind words....much appreciated.
Have a great day....

EDIT: I spoke with Ken today and he thinks he knows the person you may be referring to.
I'm unable to PM you
Feel free to PM if you like.)

Howdy, if you google his name as listed in your post you get a list of sources for a guitar player of that name who is of renown ... so I assumed it was him. Right or wrong we enjoyed the playing!

J&B

PS You can contact us via our website ... we don't use the personal message option here.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Howdy J&B....

Thanks for response and clarifying contact info.
AND for the listen.

Have a great day....

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
It is quite obvious that you were spying on me when you wrote those lyrics grin

Super fun song. You ought to right more like this one.
Outstanding vocal and guitar chops...Great work Ken!
Super mix.

Outrageously funny song!

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Howdy Derro....

Thanks very much for checking it out and the generous comments.
My first less than serious write.
Those 'every day problems' can be brutal for the unsuspecting. smile

Howdy Mario....
Ha....I'm sorry, it was pretty sneaky 0f me to 'spy' on you but when you were 'shaking your fist at the clouds' I couldn't resist not telling your story. smile
Thanks for the kind comments and we're glad you found it worthy.

Thanks again gents....

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,662
Posts735,544
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173