Page 1 of 2 1 2
#771028 07/13/23 08:47 AM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Cellular Zombies

I am so far out of my comfort zone on this one that if I were playing baseball I would be behind the left field fence!

My allergies and asthma have let up so I quickly put down the vocal track. The other tracks have been really for about a month. I know that my vocal isn't that great but it was the best that I could do.

BiaB style - CC_Avril - Heavy Metal, Alt. Rock
I deleted all but the guitar and drum tracks.

Guitar - Arturia B3 - preset Old 70's sole - note I played the held chords while BiaB played the balance of the track.
Drums - Steven Slates' SSD-5 drums - preset DeLuxe Vintage Funk
I am playing the bass, rhythm, and lead guitars and each one through a different Amplitube preset.

As always all comments are welcomed.

Verse
They are walking in our town like they're the only ones around
Their heads are always down like they're looking at the ground
Throughout our country they do roam
Heads down staring at their phone

Verse
They think it's really neat, they just sent 50 tweets
They walk into stop signs, some right into the street
Glassy eyed and walking blind
I'm not sure they have a mind

Chorus
They are Cellular Zombies
Addicted to their phones
Cellular Zombies
Even in groups they are alone

Verse
The pictures that they take are always free
Good thing because of the number of sellfies
Pictures of all the food they ate
Enough to make me regurgitate

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
MarioD #771030 07/13/23 09:12 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Mario,

LOL! This is AWESOME! It sounds like Bob Dylan meets Vincent Price.

Excellent - love the song and mix. Great vocal!

Bob

MarioD #771031 07/13/23 09:29 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hahaha!
Love that. Wish I'd wrote it.
"Pictures of all the food they ate".

Vic

MarioD #771041 07/13/23 01:09 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What a message man, how true.
This once again reminded me of how addicted we Americans are to tobacco, legal drugs, illegal drugs, coffee, food, misinformation, sugary drinks, etc.

Phones are just the latest "substance" on the list. It's a miracle we function as a nation as well as we do.

Great vocals, lyrics, guitar work and drum track.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
rsdean #771045 07/13/23 01:49 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Mario,

Bob

Thanx Bob. I never thought of Vincent Price but you are right.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
vicarn #771046 07/13/23 01:50 PM
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: vicarn
Hahaha!
Love that. Wish I'd wrote it.
"Pictures of all the food they ate".

Vic

Thanx Vic.
We went out for supper tonight and sure enough some kids were photographing their food!

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
What a message man, how true.
This once again reminded me of how addicted we Americans are to tobacco, legal drugs, illegal drugs, coffee, food, misinformation, sugary drinks, etc.

Phones are just the latest "substance" on the list. It's a miracle we function as a nation as well as we do.

Great vocals, lyrics, guitar work and drum track.

Thanx Steve. Everything in that song I have witnessed. Well except the regurgitation part, I didn't see or do that!

rsdean #771056 07/13/23 05:23 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Mario,

Bob

Yep - Bob summed it up perfectly!

Hi Mario ...

This is just so damn good!!! And it expresses my sentiments exactly. When we visit our daughter and son-in-law, they hardly realize we are there much of the time. One day last year she was headed about 40 miles out of time for whatever reason. When she was just 10 miles from her destination, she turned around and headed back home - she'd forgotten her cell phone. I should say her $1,300.00 cell phone. Duh!!??

You put a huge smile on my face with this one. I checked my $210.00 phone before I wrote the comment on your song. I averaged making 17 calls per month and receiving an average of 26 per month. For most people I know, that's one afternoon!

Your vocal sits very nicely where you put it. You said you did your best. Well, your best was very nicely performed - no complaints here. It's just fine!

You picked a surprising but very appropriate style for it. Nice choices on the style and added instruments/tracks.

Cool song - great listen!

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

MarioD #771078 07/14/23 01:59 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Oh, yeah, I knew what this was gonna be about, and you found the perfect pic. I'm sorry. That's all I got. Was busy on my phone. What did ya say? Maybe just send me a text.

Yeah, you're out in left field beyond the wall in this one, but you still seem quite comfortable, Mario. Always enjoy your creative ways.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
MarioD #771111 07/14/23 09:06 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Mario,

HA! A clever idea and a clever write.
You should bring this back around on Halloween...

Well done!

fj

MarioD #771126 07/14/23 01:50 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ain't it the truth! Ain't it the truth!

This is great. I think you sound a bit like Ray Davies here.

Superb musicianship!

(I empathize with your allergy afflictions.)

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Mario,

Bob

Yep - Bob summed it up perfectly!

Hi Mario ...

This is just so damn good!!! And it expresses my sentiments exactly. When we visit our daughter and son-in-law, they hardly realize we are there much of the time. One day last year she was headed about 40 miles out of time for whatever reason. When she was just 10 miles from her destination, she turned around and headed back home - she'd forgotten her cell phone. I should say her $1,300.00 cell phone. Duh!!??

You put a huge smile on my face with this one. I checked my $210.00 phone before I wrote the comment on your song. I averaged making 17 calls per month and receiving an average of 26 per month. For most people I know, that's one afternoon!

Your vocal sits very nicely where you put it. You said you did your best. Well, your best was very nicely performed - no complaints here. It's just fine!

You picked a surprising but very appropriate style for it. Nice choices on the style and added instruments/tracks.

Cool song - great listen!

Alan

Alan, thanx so much for this wonderful review.

I have three kids that are cellular zombies!

I get about three cell phone calls a month. The only time it is on is when I leave the house. My land line does all of my calls.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Oh, yeah, I knew what this was gonna be about, and you found the perfect pic. I'm sorry. That's all I got. Was busy on my phone. What did ya say? Maybe just send me a text.

Yeah, you're out in left field beyond the wall in this one, but you still seem quite comfortable, Mario. Always enjoy your creative ways.

I just sent you a text telling you to stop looking at your phone grin

Thanx for those kind words but I was not comfortable doing this one. I'm just glad people are liking it.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Mario,

HA! A clever idea and a clever write.
You should bring this back around on Halloween...

Well done!

fj

Thanx so much Floyd.

I think I will do something more scary for Halloween, maybe with the Vincent Price type of vocal.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Ain't it the truth! Ain't it the truth!

This is great. I think you sound a bit like Ray Davies here.

Superb musicianship!

(I empathize with your allergy afflictions.)

Thanx so much Ezekiel.

MarioD #771412 07/19/23 07:07 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"They are Cellular Zombies
Addicted to their phones
Cellular Zombies
Even in groups they are alone"

Great!

"The pictures that they take are always free
Good thing because of the number of sellfies
Pictures of all the food they ate
Enough to make me regurgitate"

Hilarious!

Glad you climbed over the left field fence.
This was a LOT of fun and well done all the way around!

J&B

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanx so much J&B for that wonderful review.

MarioD #771428 07/19/23 09:06 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Mario,
That was fun (and so true!) Kidos are totally hooked on phones. Excellent title and idea. Vocals are a little buried in the mix, otherwise great effort. Thank you for sharing!
Misha.

P.S. Soon they will implant "phones" in retina, so it will get tough to spot zombies... On the other hand, they will need certain gestures to communicate with device... next song idea: Twiching Zombies.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Mario,
That was fun (and so true!) Kidos are totally hooked on phones. Excellent title and idea. Vocals are a little buried in the mix, otherwise great effort. Thank you for sharing!
Misha.

P.S. Soon they will implant "phones" in retina, so it will get tough to spot zombies... On the other hand, they will need certain gestures to communicate with device... next song idea: Twiching Zombies.

Thanx so much Misha.

Yes recording and mixing vocals in one area that I do need to improve. The problem is I don't sing very much.

MarioD #771735 07/22/23 03:09 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool clever lyric Mario. Loved the delivery and backtrack. I agree would be a cool halloween track. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,662
Posts735,544
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173