Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#779934 10/24/23 09:59 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Almost

I know that this song is too dark/ironic to be any kind of a hit, I think very few can relate to the story, at least the younger generation, but inspiration is not rational smile This song was relatively easy to write. I didn't use any AI tools during the lyric writing, but I tried one AI website to give association between two themes of the song, dating and bird waiting, and I was surprised how exactly it described the message in my song: "Waiting for a bird is like a boy waiting for his first kiss, impatient and hopeful, but with an ever-present sense of dread that it would never happen."

I felt that the bridge part needed something to stand out, and I was lucky, because I had played the melody on my keyboard an octave higher than the verses and chorus. I had selected Kevin as the singer in Synth V and I was quite sure that Kevin cannot handle those highest notes, but I was totally wrong. Kevin expressed emotions that I hadn't felt since using real singers. All the pain I wanted was there and even more. Amazing technology.

I rarely use so many instruments from a BIAB style, but I started composing with this style and there was never a need to change it, perfect fit with the mood I was looking for. I just added several extra guitars, the organ and used chord track for the synth arpeggio from SynthMaster. So here it is, I hope you get something out of it.

Based on style _AGATE.STY (Agate Mello Soundtrack Rock Solo)

RealDrums:BluesRockSlowEv^3-a:SideStick , b:Snare, Ride
Loop: Chillout\Chillout - time_65_drum_loop_f_sharp_minor ev16.wav

RealTracks:
#3786:Bass, Synth, MinimalHipHopHeld 095
#1837:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopModernGrooveHeld Ev16 075
#1840:Synth Pad, PopModernGrooveMellow Ev16 075
#3904:Guitar, Baritone Electric, Rhythm CinematicMystery16ths Ev 085
#3905:Guitar, Baritone Electric, Rhythm CinematicPower8ths Ev 100
#2595:Guitar, Electric Rhythm, Punk Held (Double-time)
#679: Guitar, Electric Rhythm Rock Brit
#4022: Guitar, Electric Rhythm Ballad Power
#3927: Guitar, Electric Rhythm Gritty Hard
#3922: Guitar, Electric Rhythm Gritty Muted
#3726:Guitar, Electric, Soloist PopIndiePhaserBrent Ev 085
#2692:Organ, Rhythm ModernPopSlowMike Ev 075

MIDI: Synthmaster Preset ARP_TwinkleARK

Vocals: Synthesizer V Kevin

Mixed in Cakewalk by BandLab (Ozone 10, Nectar 3, Neoverb)

Lyrics:

We got acquainted
with each other, slowly,
had few dates
I expected that if I'm patient
taking tiny steps would open the gates
to the next stage with you
but that was not our fate.

I almost kissed that girl
I almost saw that bird
and now my life's almost passed.
Soon fully complete
something worthy achieved
at long last.

Days in the forest,
my binoculars aimed
at the sky
I withstood all the mud and scratches
wide awake to witness her flying by
heard a sound from afar
but only dusk caught my eye.

I almost...

I still doubt
what if I'm reborn
once again
bad karma to mourn.
The same ordeal
I'd have to live through
to see how my dreams
almost came true.

I almost...
----------
Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

jannesan #779977 10/24/23 03:23 PM
User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Janne,

"Waiting for a bird is like a boy waiting for his first kiss, impatient and hopeful, but with an ever-present sense of dread that it would never happen.” Wow, that’s a terrific line.

Yeah, the song is a bit dark in theme . . . and sad . . . but it’s an excellent write. And that chorus is very compelling—really catchy in spots with some impressive melodic changes. The bridge is just outstanding—you do a killer job on the AI vocals—but Kevin sounds particularly great in that bridge.

I think this may be among my favorites from you. It’s quite excellent!

All my best to you,

Deej

jannesan #780132 10/25/23 05:54 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Janne.

Cool intro and sound. Even though it's Kevin singing, it's very much your phrasing and sense of melody that comes through.

Strong chorus, but a sort of sinister descending sound. smile

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
jannesan #780168 10/26/23 04:31 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Online Content
Expert
Geez, Janne, I think darkness and irony make for GREAT music (or reading, or cinema, etc). Skillful job in making the topic enjoyable for the listener. Nice wall of sound supporting the vocals, too. Really enjoyed it end to end.

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
jannesan #780172 10/26/23 04:59 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Quite a wonderful production, Janne. I love the dynamics. Gave it a couple spins just to hear some of that cool stuff you use in the background. Man, you are so good with those synth voices. Loved everything!

Musical "hits" are mostly what the music moguls feed us. That's why I love this forum --because creativity rules.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
jannesan #780186 10/26/23 07:38 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Kevin's vocals are amazing on the high end! Great production and guitar solo. I'm not used to the staccato phrasing of the vocals in the verses so it was tough on my ears but this was for sure not an issue for me in the chorus and back end of the song.

Great job!

Dewey

jannesan #780281 10/27/23 07:09 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Janne.

This is really well done.
Kevin sounds great, and when he sings those high notes (even briefly going into to falsetto), it's excellent.
You've really opened my eyes to the possibilities of Kevin! Thank you smile
Brilliant production.

I loved this journey.
--Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Deej56 #780384 10/28/23 08:19 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Deej56
Yeah, the song is a bit dark in theme . . . and sad . . . but it’s an excellent write. And that chorus is very compelling—really catchy in spots with some impressive melodic changes. The bridge is just outstanding—you do a killer job on the AI vocals—but Kevin sounds particularly great in that bridge.

I think this may be among my favorites from you. It’s quite excellent!

All my best to you,

Deej

Thanks Deej, your words are really heartwarming, especially about the chorus.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

dcuny #780385 10/28/23 08:24 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Janne.

Cool intro and sound. Even though it's Kevin singing, it's very much your phrasing and sense of melody that comes through.

Strong chorus, but a sort of sinister descending sound. smile

Thanks David for your pleasant feedback smile Glad that you found my "voice" through Kevin. Hmm sinister descending, maybe but the end of the chorus is the uplifting part smile

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

jannesan #780426 10/28/23 05:56 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Janne, what a great song.
You did a brilliant job on both that synth vocal and the mix.

"I almost kissed that girl
I almost saw that bird
and now my life's almost passed."

I think a lot of us older gentlemen can relate to those lines.

Excellent job on this song.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
jannesan #780469 10/29/23 10:00 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janne,

A really nice Production. And well mixed. A Big sound. Crisp and clear.
Interesting melody.
Killer chorus.

fj

jannesan #780528 10/29/23 10:44 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Good arrangement. The mix is good but a little too "crisp" for headphones.
Excellent work on the synths.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
jannesan #780533 10/30/23 04:11 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I've never been a big fan of Kevin's voice, but other than that I really like the song.
Well done!

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
jannesan #780549 10/30/23 09:13 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Pro sounding production, Janne.

Vic

jannesan #780569 10/30/23 03:33 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Kevin really soars in his upper register and sounds so real.

I really like the chorus.

This has a big theatrical sound.

Good composition.

jannesan #780598 10/30/23 10:21 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janne,

Cool sounds!
I don't know if this song incorporates a Nordic melody, but it certainly has a slightly darker impression.
The highlight of this song is the part where Kevin sings in high notes.
I'm impressed by your wonderful songwriting as usual.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

DC Ron #780717 11/01/23 11:54 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Geez, Janne, I think darkness and irony make for GREAT music (or reading, or cinema, etc). Skillful job in making the topic enjoyable for the listener. Nice wall of sound supporting the vocals, too. Really enjoyed it end to end.

Thanks DC Ron for your kind and supportive comment smile Glad to know you like darkness and irony cool

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

BabuMusic #780718 11/01/23 11:59 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Quite a wonderful production, Janne. I love the dynamics. Gave it a couple spins just to hear some of that cool stuff you use in the background. Man, you are so good with those synth voices. Loved everything!

Musical "hits" are mostly what the music moguls feed us. That's why I love this forum --because creativity rules.

Thanks Marty, always pleasure to get your positive feedback smile Well, to be honest, I'm not good, but those synth voice are even without me laugh Yes, creativity rules on this forum, how could we spread it to every corner of the Earth?

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

Dewey_MI #780719 11/01/23 12:01 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Dewey_MI
Kevin's vocals are amazing on the high end! Great production and guitar solo. I'm not used to the staccato phrasing of the vocals in the verses so it was tough on my ears but this was for sure not an issue for me in the chorus and back end of the song.

Great job!

Dewey

Thanks Dewey for your very rewarding words smile

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

jannesan #780727 11/01/23 01:36 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janne,

Excellent! Love the song and what you have done with Kevin. Great production - everything about this one works!

Bob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,662
Posts735,548
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173