Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#789180 12/14/23 12:54 AM
Add-ons and UserTracks for Band-in-a-Box
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
You can try this with Reaper if you just work in the main Biab program only and tired of dragging files over all the time.
This is just 1 Reaper script that works on any version of Biab frozen SGU/MGU, no modifications needed.
Import-frozen-SGU-MGU-realtracks-drums.zip

Just simply open a frozen SGU/MGU to instantly import the tracks into Reaper.
If you don't have the peak files already it will have to build them but once you have the reapeaks files it will be instant.
You can use Script: Create reapeaks in folder.lua

Some scripts I made for this ( see stash ):
Change selected realtrack source file type.lua : allows changing the file type to any other Reaper supported file format.
Create stems from selected realdrums stereo track.lua : allow you to create the exact same mutitrack drums from the stereo Drums track.
Change selected realtrack to fx.lua : allows change instrument from direct input to fx keeping the same riffs.
Change selected realtrack to direct input.lua : allows change instrument from fx to direct input keeping the same riffs.
Create reapeaks in folder.lua : batch create all the reapeaks for RealTracks & RealDrums so the tracks load in instantly.
ReaTrak Biab SGU MGU.. to regions ab.lua : import chords to regions.
Set 2 bar count-in.lua : set a 2 bar count-in offset

[Linked Image - Only viewable when logged in]

This will import new sections: Import single frozen track or section SGU MGU to selected track.lua (included with script above).

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
If your Biab song has tempo or time signature changes just drag in a midi/RC to Reaper first, this will also give you the chords as markers.
Some songs maybe using a different timebase track or you actually selected a different timebase:

you should get a prompt to ask the timebase of the track, so it's using a third timebase, the instrument is 40bpm but song is 120bpm so 3 is selected (see below)

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
*UPDATED 18 Dec 2023
This is set automatically, it will take out any glitches sustained notes or vocal to a varying tempo map by setting Item Properties > Stretch markers fade size: 0

Veteran
Veteran
Gotta try this. Does it actually implement a chord track, or are the chords in the regions just text labels?

Best,
Tom Smith
Win10/64 • i7-8700K • 24 GB RAM
BIAB 2024 • Reaper 7 • Izotope MPS
AKG C1000S • IK iRig I/O Pro
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
You can import the midi chord markers from the Biab midi file as markers or regions or you can use ReaTrak-Biab-SGU-MGU..-to-regions-ab.zip .
It will just instantly transfer all tracks or a single track or section to the same track in Reaper without rendering and creating any new files.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
If you batch convert your RT RD files with Reaper you can import the tracks in any format:

Expert
Online Embarrased
Expert
Thanks MusoCity. Awesome !

Biab Audiophile 2024 11.11, Win11
Expert
Online Embarrased
Expert
I have around 64,000 Rts with variations. After 32,000 analyzes in Reapeaks the script stops, it doesn't go any further, it displays Finish, but it bullshits me. No sleep program. When I restart it continues reading but no longer creates any Reapeak. So I must be around 50%. Weird right?

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Sans titre3.png (22.56 KB, 277 downloads)
Sans titre2.png (41.05 KB, 276 downloads)
Sans titre.png (5.52 KB, 276 downloads)
Reapeaks.png (18.12 KB, 272 downloads)
wavs&Drums.png (14.21 KB, 272 downloads)

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Create-reapeaks-in-selected-folder.zip
Try this it will do one selected folder at a time by selecting the audio file type.
So if you select a wma file it will create reapeaks for all wma files in that folder, or if wav or m4a or aif of flac etc..

The other script would take a very long time as it batch converts, not sure what went wrong in your pics will look more later.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

Expert
Online Embarrased
Expert
Thanks for the folder version, but for several hundred folders it's unthinkable. In fact it's a memory problem it seems to me. Once the 16 gigabytes are full, it crashes. Too bad, the Repeaks will be done as I use them.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
You can try and ask in the Reaper forum someone might have another script to do the same thing.
See how you go if not I can look at making one that will select so many folders to do at once so you can do in sections.
You can try and move a group of folders to RealTracks2 and Drum2 and just do them then them move back to RealTracks & Drums when done.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
You can try these:
Updated: Create-reapeaks-in-folder.zip
Updated with reaper.PCM_Source_Destroy(src) so RAM don't build up.
Also: Create-reapeaks-in-subdirectories-for-media-type-(Win).zip this will do all sub directories in a single folder.

P
P
Wow! I can see a lot of good new options to streamline the interaction between Reaper and BiaB. There has been a significant leap in the last few months. Thank you @musocity for all the work done and the scripts. I am looking forward to finish a couple of music projects (not BB related) to take advantage of all the new posibilities.

P
P
In my opinion this link + a short explanation MUST be in a sticky post! It is a treasure!
https://stash.reaper.fm/u/ReaTrak

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks, I updated that:
https://stash.reaper.fm/u/ReaTrak (Scripts for Biab Reaper)

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by MusicVillain
...Like many other people in this forum, I have absolutely zero idea what you are talking about.
GIF is confusing.
This is using Biab and Open SGU in Reaper
I have a single frozen track I want to add to Reaper, I save the SGU

[Linked Image from reatrak.com]

I open the SGU
I use Script: Import frozen SGU MGU realtracks drums.lua
this will insert a new track below the selected track and load the sections in:

New track added:

If I find a bad section I delete it:

I generate up that section in Biab on empty track, freeze that track only and save:

I use Script: Import single frozen track or section SGU MGU to selected track.lua
to add the new section to the selected track:

New track section inserted on selected track, you can adjust length to merge with next riff:

Using the BiabVST
Generate selected region, if it's half a bar you can easily manually adjust the riffs once added into the track,
you can adjust the snap resolution rather than just one current resolution of 1/32 in Biab,
best also to disable auto crossfade so notes or hits can ring out over other riffs:

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
You don't want the BiabVST messing around generating wavs so disable that:

To get the chord markers drag the C7 to the very start of an empty track and import markers,
same with Biab you can just drag a midi track from it to give the chord markers:

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
*UPDATED 21 Jan 2024
Set File > Project settings > Advanced > Item mix behavior > Items always mix
allows for item overlays like pushes to play at the same time as item under.
If SGU has Holds on the first track and first bar they will be set to SGU tempo.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
*UPDATED 22 Jan 2024
Take markers offset to show instrument name.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,639
Posts735,353
Members38,524
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR
38,524 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182
DC Ron 98
dcuny 89
rsdean 70
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.