Originally Posted By: rharv
Well,
You got me confused.

"the first 50 tracks were visible in the Tracks window as the arrangement was being generated. "
then ..
"the Tracks window shifted to show a later set of 50 tracks that has track 240 at the midpoint of the window."
Your Tracks window shows 50 tracks? RB only has 48.

Sorry for using the wrong term. I meant to say "the first 50 bars were visible in the Tracks window . . ."

Quote:

What was the source file? Did you open a BiaB file?

The source file was a .XML file that I had created in MuseScore.

Quote:

Wondering if the 255 bar issue somehow is carrying over inside the file format of a BiaB file and causing these issues.

No because I didn't use a BiaB file. BiaB can't handle more than 255 bars. That's why I'm using RB and opening a .XML file with 325 bars directly into RB.

Quote:

Maybe try making all BB tracks Regular tracks (as mentioned in the other thread) so RB stops trying to behave like BiaB.
Then Save As a SEQ file.
This may make the song start honoring the RB standards (instead of RB trying to honor the BiaB format)
Once saved as SEQ file;
Then highlight the desired tracks from measure 241 forward and regenerate those .. or maybe highlight the desired tracks and regenerate the whole song.

Um, I'm not sure how to do this because I've never used RB before, but I'll try to figure it out. I also don't know what a "SEQ file" is. Is that just one of the formats that RB can save the file in?

Quote:

If you opened a BiaB file and never saved it to SEQ format, maybe RB is still dealing with the 255 limit while trying to work with a file in the BiaB format.
Just a thought

If I open a BiaB file in RB I always immediately 'make all BB tracks regular tracks' and save as a SEQ file so RB behaves as expected .

Like I said above, I opened a .XML file, not a BiaB file. All I did after I opened the file is click on Generate and then select "Generate all BB tracks" because there is no option to generate RB tracks. There is only one track visible, and that is the midi track of the melody that was in the .XML file.

Tom Levan (pronounced La-VAN)
BiaB 2024 Win UltraPAK Build 1109, Xtra Style PAKs 1-11, RB 2024, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Q9650 3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD & 2 TB HDD, Tracktion 6 & 7 (freebies), Cakewalk, Audacity, MuseScore 2.1 & 3.4, Synthesizer V