Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
You may be correct there's no issue with the XML file. As I said, I have no experience with applying them in BIAB/RB or knowledge of using them in any manner. Also, XML files ability to be imported into PGMusic software is a fairly new feature so I was giving my best guess. Your issue with the two instances of INTERLUDE also led me in this direction. At the same time, I'm fairly confident from the various results obtained, there's no defect with RealBand regarding generations of 240 or 255 bars.

It sounds odd when I say it but I believe the issue is no more than something from somewhere has put a command around bar 240-241 since you consistently have the issue there.

You can easily select a few bars prior to bar 240 carrying the selection beyond 241 perhaps to bar 245 and manually make changes to the chords, replace instruments and only regenerate those few bars to see if completing a smaller size task makes a difference. You can do this to one instrument or to all of them at that section only.

Thanks, Charlie, for elaborating on your perspective on XML files. And thanks for your suggestion for me to experiment with the 240/241 bar boundary by making various changes to a small section of bars before and after this boundary and then regenerating those tracks. Unfortunately, I had tried this during one of my previous tests and repeatedly ran into the exact same problem. To substantiate my claim that there is indeed an issue with the 240/241 boundary during RB track generation process, I created a video that documents this entire scenario using a test song that I had created by manually entering the chords into RB's Chord Window. IOW, this test song was not created from opening a .XML file. You can watch this video on my Youtube channel at this link:

https://youtu.be/khIKS_RAGHg

Tom Levan (pronounced La-VAN)
BiaB 2024 Win UltraPAK Build 1109, Xtra Style PAKs 1-11, RB 2024, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Q9650 3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD & 2 TB HDD, Tracktion 6 & 7 (freebies), Cakewalk, Audacity, MuseScore 2.1 & 3.4, Synthesizer V