Quote:
LOL, yea, I made my post and saw the earlier posts and I'm like No, no, no

I spent a bit of time writing my post up and wasn't about to just delete it...

I understand what everyone was saying about all the posts getting jumbled and discussions going off on various little trails.

I made my post edit in large bold letters in good humor, not upset at all --

That's good. I'm glad to know that!

Quote:
In fact, i'd come back to the thread to copy/paste some comments made in the FAQ by Dr. Gannon at the release of 2019 about some of those features I discuss above.

Here's his Q & A comments:

Q. I’d like to be able to make styles that have more than 7 instruments.

A. We now added the ability to have up to 70 instruments, which is 10x the usual limit. This is accomplished by using the Medley feature which has been added to the StyleMaker. You can select up to 10 RealTracks for each of the seven instrument slots. You can assign volumes to each one (using dB offsets).

Q. I use the Medley feature, to make medleys of RealTracks, but there’s no way to control relative volumes of each RealTracks. The Sax soloist might be louder than the mandolin soloist – what to do?

A. We’ve added a volume control to each of the Medley RealTracks.

Q. I’d like to make styles with instruments that change during the style. For example, I might want the bass track to change from one funk groove to another, every part marker.

A. We’ve added medleys to the StyleMaker. So you can have different bass RealTracks on the bass track, changing each part marker if you want.

It will probably be a while before I'll be able to take advantage of these features, but it's good to know that they exist.

Quote:
When you're using BIAB for inspiration or to jumpstart song ideas - The BIAB version of the StyleMaker can't be beat. The StyleMaker along with the Medley feature and applying multi track techniques provide super fast opportunities to audition RealTracks, sketch out ideas, experiment with various instruments without technology, menus, creating new tracks, labels, etc ever interrupting the creative flow if it's going.

The BIAB version of the StyleMaker includes a additional Play radio button that allows the selected Style, midi, supermidi or RealTrack or one the combo Styles or Medley Style to play over your Chord Progression populating the Main Scree Chord Chart, tempo (if specified), Key and Progression.

It's amazing and enlightening how different from the Style Demo the Style can sound over your Chord Progression. Try it for sure. Select any Style in the BIAB StylePicker and audition the large Play Radio Button and it will play a selection of the Style song Demo. The smaller Play Radio Button will play the Style over your Chords. The difference will amaze you.

I'll have to check that out the next time I use BiaB. I've already used the StyleMaker to change out a few instruments in a couple of the styles I was using to make them more suitable for my song, so I'm already familiar somewhat with this feature and found it to be very useful---especially considering the fact that I have the ProPAK edition, which only comes with about 300 RealTracks and nowhere near the number of styles that are in the other editions.

Tom Levan (pronounced La-VAN)
BiaB 2024 Win UltraPAK Build 1109, Xtra Style PAKs 1-11, RB 2024, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Q9650 3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD & 2 TB HDD, Tracktion 6 & 7 (freebies), Cakewalk, Audacity, MuseScore 2.1 & 3.4, Synthesizer V