<<< I can understand all of that. However, if I want to use RB to work on a new song with more than 255 bars that doesn't have the kinks worked out of it yet as I've done numerous time with BiaB for songs with less than 255 bars, then I would prefer to not dive into your workflow recommendations until after I've worked out most or all of those kinks and finished or mostly finished developing my song. But I can't do that with my full length song in RB currently because of the problems that occur at the 240/241 bar boundary. So, I have to either go through extra steps to deal with those problems or cut out one or more sections in my song to reduce the bar count to less than 255 (in which case, I would just go back to using BiaB for this shorter version of my song instead of using RB). In such a scenario, your workflow recommendations is not a fix but rather is a workaround that makes the early stages of working out the kinks in a song that is being developed more complicated and time consuming than is desirable and necessary. >>>

"I can understand all of that."
I don't think you have a handle on the process yet based on the four points of your response. I will address each point individually below.

1. "if I want to use RB to work on a new song with more than 255 bars...I would prefer to not dive into your workflow recommendations until after I've worked out most or all of those kinks and finished or mostly finished developing my song."
You can't work out kinks in the RB program. Only PGMusic programmers can do that. Anything you or I can do is a workaround. Fortunately, there are multiple ways to work around the 255 bar and excessive length issues in both BIAB and RB.

2. "I can't do that with my full length song in RB currently because of the problems that occur at the 240/241 bar boundary."
That's true because you continue to use the same concepts of your current workflow. "Don't be so sure of what you want that you won't take something better." (Chris Voss) is a saying I've adopted and apply very often. You can apply that principal with your recording techniques and it will help you sort out the difference between how you understand and apply BIAB/RB techniques today compared to the more advanced techniques available. You don't have to understand the theory at this point but simply apply the steps to get the benefits.

3. "I would just go back to using BiaB for this shorter version of my song instead of using RB)."
Yes. You can do that and you should do that. Either BIAB or RB can be used but BIAB has more features available, faster auditioning of Styles and RealTracks, Faster rendering of audio and generally in the first stage, is more efficient and intuitive than doing it in RB. Start your project in BIAB and once your song is structured, move it to RB. Many forum members follow this sequence.

4. "In such a scenario, your workflow recommendations is not a fix but rather is a workaround that makes the early stages of working out the kinks in a song that is being developed more complicated and time consuming than is desirable and necessary."
No. The reality is just the opposite because you're only thinking in terms of your present workflow, your present song, your present relation and procedures between you and your producer and how those circumstances interact at your level of understanding of BIAB/RB. Your workflow is a relatively elementary process you've implemented and it has worked well for you other than the interference of the glitch and erroneous chord change. You, nor anyone else, regarding any of the techniques I've discussed and described, have actually posted you've tried or tested them. I'm not surprised or concerned by this because I've described and recommended some of these techniques in other discussions here on the forum and most do not even elicit a response. I feel I'm partially to blame for this as I've been told in the past by my wife, my brother Jim, at least 4 close musician friends that I'm bad for explaining processes and thinking they're easy when in these folks minds particularly, they don't see the process as simple or clear. That seems to be somewhat of the case here. I apologize if I've been unclear to this point.

One thing I've thought of doing is placing a request in the 'I want a video that shows me how to ....' forum thread to create a video of this step by step process. I'd be glad to discuss and provide the steps so that a clear and concise quality video could be produced by PGMusic.

Reviewing the RealBand Forum main page, this article at only two weeks old has by far generated the most comments and views of any RB discussion over the past year (7 Pages). Surely that fact alone should give PGMusic staff cause to consider producing a video. They do a great job in the one's they've done so far.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 06/20/19 05:24 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.