Originally Posted By: Graham W

As you know, I don't want to spend unnecessary hours on the technical side of things, I just want to create my backing tracks. I'm far more of a musician than a computer guy. But I'm forever grateful for guys like you who understand these dark arts...!

And here is the catch 22. You have a learning curve on any DAW, RealBand, Garage band, etc. If you just want to take whatever BiaB gives you and play along with it go with the Mac: Note I am assuming that you know a little about Garage Band. You would transfer the audio files to Garage band and record/jam along there. OR if you only want to jam along and/or record one new track then you can do it in BiaB. Note I only know the PC side of BiaB so I am assuming you can also record on the Mac sid.

But if you want to adjust some of the BiaB tracks, that is regenerate parts of a track(s) to better suit the song, and easily add more BiaB tracks then you need RealBand. BUT as I said there is a learning curve in any DAW so you must become familiar with your computer and your software.

Also don't forget that there is a learning curve with BiaB also. In BiaB I just add chords, pick a style, then transfer everything to my DAW. I only use about 10%-15% of what BiaB can do but that fits my needs and workflow. YMMV

Yeah, I've got O.C.D, Old, Cranky, and Dangerous.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware