RealBand® 2018 for Windows® New Features Guide
Windows Audio (WASAPI) driver support. This allows for low latency audio recording/playback without requiring ASIO. Note that this supports 1 stereo input plus 1 stereo output at a time. For multiple inputs/outputs, you should continue to use either MME or ASIO.
ABC Notation format support. You can save a track of notation in a popular ASCII text format to import into other programs, or you can paste this format into a user forum as a way of sending the track (usually the melody and chord symbols) to other users without having to attach a file.
The built-in Audio Chord Wizard detection in the Chords window automatically detects the chords of the song, based on the audio data from all non-muted audio tracks. This works similar to the standalone Audio Chord Wizard, except that it uses the current bar lines of the existing song.
- X/8 time signature support. This is a special method of displaying 6/8, 9/8, or 12/8 time signatures in the Notation window.
- The Duplicate previous chord in notation right-click menu lets you quickly duplicate the previous chord (group of notes on same peg) without having to reenter it.
- Delete highlighted notes in notation right-click menu lets you delete all highlighted notes.
- Delete all notes on this peg in notation right-click menu lets you delete all notes on the nearest peg that was clicked on.
- You can now enter Section Numbers. Previously, you could enter letters (A-Z) only, but now you can also enter numbers (1-9).
Guitar Window Enhancements
- Clicking on the black area to the left of the zero fret notes in the Guitar window will delete the notes on just the channel of that string on the current notation time line rather than all notes at that time line.
- Clicking on a note will delete the note from the Notation window if the note is currently highlighted. If no notes are highlighted in red, then clicking on a note will first delete any notes on the current notation timeline and channel before inserting a new note.
Big Piano Window Enhancements
- Clicking on the black area to the left of the piano will delete highlighted red notes from the Notation window. If no notes are highlighted in red, then clicking to the left of the piano will delete any note on the current notation timeline.
- Clicking on a note will delete the note from the Notation window if the note is currently highlighted in red.
Song Titles Brower Enhancements
- We’ve added 2,000 new song titles including requests from users, so there are now over 10,000 titles!
- You can now filter the list by genres, time signature, feel, tempo, and decades.
- The dialog can list song titles that will work with the current style.
- Subgenres have been added for most song titles. Searching by a subgenre name in the text filter will display song titles in that subgenre.
- Recommendation of styles has been improved. When you select a song title and press the [OK - Find Matching Styles] button, the StylePicker dialog will open and show only styles that will work with that song title. This feature has been improved so that subgenres are also considered, so the style recommendations are more accurate.
- Mixer-like control allows style customization within the StylePicker. This shows what tracks are used in the highlighted style in the list, and color-codes them according to the track types (MIDI/RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks).
- Recommendations of styles is improved when using the [Find Titles] button at the top right of the dialog. This also displays subgenres and makes it easier to find styles for a certain popular song.
- New user categories have been added, including Americana; Bebop and Fast Jazz; Bluegrass, Train, and Old Time; Dixieland, Gypsy, and Old Jazz; Fingerstyle Guitar; Funk, RnB, and Soul; Heavy Rock; Singer-Songwriter; and World.
- The buttons to copy the styles list to the clipboard, set the dialog options, and reset the dialog to defaults have been moved to the [Action] button menu.
- The two buttons to rebuild a complete or partial styles list have been combined into a single button.
- Rebuilding the styles list also rebuilds lists in the RealTracks and RealDrums Picker dialogs.
- The option to change the font size of the text in the styles list has been moved to the StylePicker Options dialog.
Edit - MIDI - Extract Channels to Tracks command has a new checkbox. When “Place each channel onto available empty tracks” is checked, RealBand will extract the current track’s MIDI data by placing each channel found onto the next available empty track.
The Preferences dialog displays with a vertical scroll bar if running RealBand on a low-resolution monitor (less than 768 pixels in height).
File - Save As now defaults to saving as a .SEQ file, unless this setting is changed in the Preferences - File dialog.
L hotkeys loop from the current bar in RealBand. L1 hotkey will loop one bar. L2 will loop two bars starting from current bar, etc. L0 will shut off looping.
An “Output always on” checkbox has been added in the MME Audio Drivers dialog.
Much faster initialization of accompaniment functions (e.g. StylePicker and RealTracks Picker).
Drag and drop from the drop station to VSTi plugins that support this is now implemented.
Unconditional 30-Day Money Back Guarantee on all products purchased from PG Music Inc.