RealBand® 2019 for Windows® New Features Guide
There are over 30 new features in RealBand 2019, including...
The new toolbar background color and icon set is available. You can select either the new or old icon set from the menu Options | Icon Set.
Notation Window Enhancements
Pressing the space bar plays the song from the current location.
- Double-clicking on the Standard mode Notation window (or on the time line in Editable or Staff Roll mode) plays the song from the current time location.
- The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
- Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on it.
- In the Notation Windows Options dialog, the clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
- The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
- You can easily enter forced accidentals from the Notation window right-click menu.
- There’s a keystroke entry mode - the “N” mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes.
Tracks Window Enhancements
- Holding the Ctrl key while using a mouse scroll wheel, or holding the Ctrl key while pressing the +/- buttons on the Tracks Window tool bar zooms in/out the window vertically.
- Vertical grid lines are drawn on the track overview.
- nap button now snaps to grid lines (if present) instead of beats.
Vertical grid lines are drawn on the Audio Edit Window.
Options | Reset to default settings will reboot the program with default settings.
Drum Notation Support. When the track type is set to Drums with the combo box on the Notation window tool bar, drum notation will display. Drum notation can be entered by a user.
In Mixer window, holding down the Ctrl key while moving the volume slider with the mouse will increase/decrease the value by 1 instead of greater amount.
The right-click menu in the Chords window now has copy, cut, and paste commands.
Event List window supports shift-click to extend the start (From) or end (Thru) of the selected area.
A useful filter [#] button has been added in RealTracks Picker, RealDrums Picker, and MIDI SuperTracks Picker dialogs. It allows you to quickly filter the list by many elements including type (soloist/background/chording), feel (even/swing, 8th/16th), time signature, artists, and more.
Song Titles Browser Enhancements
- We’ve added 300 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now over 10,600 titles.
- The chord density filter is available. You can also filter the list by chord complexity.
- The memo area displays chord density and complexity for the selected titles.
- If the style list needs rebuild, it tells you that within the StylePicker, instead of a message that requires a response.
- The rebuild is faster than before by 75%. It takes 1/4 of the time now.
- While the style list is being rebuilt, you can see the progress inside the StylePicker.
- The style list can be filtered by a specific RealTracks/RealDrums/MIDI SuperTracks or RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks in a certain number range.
- You can filter the style list by a specific Xtra Styles set.
- The dialog to select an Xtra Styles set has a button to take you to the PG Music website that shows information about Xtra Styles sets.
- The StylePicker can list all styles (including N/A styles) in the default display.
- The Set number display is improved, including sort by type and Xtra styles.
Unconditional 30-Day Money Back Guarantee on all products purchased from PG Music Inc.