Master Flatpick Guitar Solos
Learn how to solo like a master!
This program is an interactive learning aid, designed to help you learn to solo like a professional flatpick guitarist. Musicians studying improvisation typically learn by copying other soloists' performances. Since guitar is a "visual instrument," it is easier to learn to play by watching the fretboard than by reading the music from a staff. The on-screen guitar fretboard shows you exactly which notes and chords are being played on the guitar. There are guide notes for typical positions for the key, and note names, to help you learn the fret/string positions.
The purpose of this program is to help you to learn the art of flatpick improvisation. The student who wants to learn to improvise flatpick music is usually told to listen to some flatpick solos, and learn from them.
Unfortunately, the student often encounters some obstacles after receiving this advice.
- There aren't a lot of flatpick solos available in written form.
- Many solos that are written out are of very advanced material, beyond the playing ability of the student. For example, the student may struggle to learn 16 bars of a complex solo based on a modal scale, but finds it difficult to widely apply this information to more mainstream flatpick songs with typical chord progressions.
We have created a program that has a huge library of flatpick solos, based on the following parameters:
- All of these solos are "mainstream" playing, based on typical chord progressions.
- Most of the soloing uses eighth notes, or triplets, so it is playable by most musicians.
- Each song contains 3 or more full choruses of music.
- Optional guide-notes display scale tones in the correct key. Note names are provided to aid in note/fret recognition.
- You can see the solos on the on-screen fretboard, hear the solos, slow them down, or step through them one note at a time.
- You can play along with the accompanying instruments as you learn the solos.
- The solos may be printed out for further study.
Includes Band-in-a-Box Files
As an additional bonus, we've included the 51 songs in Band-in-a-Box format, free with this standalone product. If you're a Band-in-a-Box user, you'll find the songs in the FGSOLO50 directory in your main install directory.
Unconditional 30-Day Money Back Guarantee on all products purchased from PG Music Inc.
PG Music Inc. 29 Cadillac Ave Victoria BC V8Z 1T3 Canada
Sales: 1-800-268-6272, 250-475-2874, + 800-4746-8742*
*Outside USA and Canada where International Freephone service is available.