Band-in-a-Box for Windows
M
mike166 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
M
Hi,
I am thinking about upgrading my BIAB because I want to use more RealTracks.
It is not going to be until Thanksgiving/Christmas season, but is Everything Pak worth extra dollars over UltraPlus pak?

1) Are the lesson paks good for learning basic (pops & ballads) pianos?
2) I am not deeply into Jazz, but extra MIDIs and features with Everything pak useful?

Those of you who have Everything paks, let me know what you think about it.

Lastly, it is not possible to export in MIDI format the songs that RealTracks created, right?
Thank you.

Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Mike -

First off, the summer sale just ended, so I would actually recommend waiting until Christmas time, rather than Thanksgiving, because PGMusic usually has another sale then and you can save a good bit of money. And PGMusic generally releases the new version around that time, as well.

You didn't say which version you were upgrading from. However, the only differences between the UltraPlus and the Everything is the inclusion of the lessons and videos. Depending on the version you currently you, you may actually have many of the videos. The EverythingPak also comes with two additional soloists, which, again, depending on the version you currently have, you might already have them (or not).

I prefer the EverythingPak, but the UltraPlusPak gets you all the styles (MIDI and Real), all the RealDrums, and all the RealTracks. The program itself is the same in both versions, so you don't lose any features with the UltraPlusPak.

Even though you are not into Jazz, you may find you might still like to use jazz styles now and then (depending on the song). And with the hybrid style maker, you may find you like a certain part in a jazz style that you can import into another styles to create your own "band".

You can't export the RealTracks into MIDI per-se, but some of them have notation associated with the RealTracks. You can get that notation into MIDI, but it won't sound like the RealTracks (it won't have all the articulations, bends, slides, etc that the person actually playing on the RealTracks does). But if you just want the notes to work on it yourself, you can definitely see that for many of the RealTracks.

And of course, when you have questions, ask at the forum here and many folks are happy to help you.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Veteran
Veteran
I haven't got the everything just the ultra plus pak, but on reading whats in the everything pak I personally wouldn't buy it becausde it costs considerably more to buy and to upgrade compared to the ultra plus pak, see this thread

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=327001&an=0&page=1#Post327001

A lot of the tutorial vides contained on the everything pak are probably viewable on the pg site anyways.

As everything costs considerably more outside the sales with PG if I was you I would wait now until Christmas time and save yourself many $$$$

musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
R
R
I had to stop at 2008 but I'm going to wait for the end of the year sale. Time to move up.

Reactivated my account, Long time user.
RedsWhites and Blues
R
R
I'm going for the everything pak when the next sale comes. It's now 399 for my upgrade. Do you know what the sale price was? Just trying to get a ballpark figure when it's time. I'll be buying the same one anyways. I'm coming from 2008. thanks

Reactivated my account, Long time user.
RedsWhites and Blues
Journeyman
Journeyman
I don't remember, but I'm doing the same thing when the Christmas sale comes, upgrading from 2009 version.
Wayne,

Expert
Expert
If I remember correctly, it was about 379 or 399 for the 2010 edition.

Guido

Desktop; i7-2600k, 8 GB mem., Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build
Laptop: i5-2410M, 4 GB mem, Win 10 Pro, BIAB 2017; RB 2017 - latest build
R
R
right now the everything pak is 399, the sale price should be lower. thats what it would be for me. thats the upgade for 2009 and under. I was just wondering how much they reduce it for the sale. I hope they give it another good shot in the arm. for that money I won't be buying for awhile. I just don't have the money. but I'll be up to date and have everything. that will be cool.
I can't wait for the sale, I mean I will but I wish it was here now and I had all the money now.
Reds and Blues.

M
mike166 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
M
jford,
Sounds like I don't miss match with UltraPlus. As I stated I am not into
Jazz, so all the jazz material that come with UltraPlus should be
more than enough for me.

It is good to know that RealTracks can be converted into MIDI so that I
can study the notes, or adjust in DAW. Too bad it would lose articulations (maybe not?).
I wonder how these were recorded in the first place. Regular instruments
miked, and someone transcribed into MIDI or just MIDI instruments to
start out with?
The latter seems to be less work... Then the articulation should be there.
Thanks!!

musiclover,
I did some research on Christmas sale in the past. The price difference
is $20. Is it a lot or not, I don't know.
Maybe someone else can give us some insight.
Thanks!!

Veteran
Veteran
My understanding is that they were transcribed after the fact, but I don't know that for sure.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
The MIDI used for Notation of the RealTracks with underscore of the Trackname are not performance MIDI diles. The data is just there to print the notes. Therefore the subtle nuances and such are not going to be a part of the resulting MIDI. However, you might try using some that way and you be the judge of the end result.

--Mac

M
mike166 Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
M
Now finally the time has come for upgrade!
I read other posts and got a feeling that most people purchase UltraPlus instead of Everything, although maybe they already have older Everything pack.

The price difference is $20 between the two, and I am almost ready to purchase UltraPlus.

Also, surprised to see many purchase $25 pack as well. Was it worth it?
Looking at the list, 18-20 is already included in UltraPlus pack, so I'm interested in 2 "5-hour lick lessons". Please let me know your reviews on them.

T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
T
Hi,

I got my Audiophile 2011.5 late, around Oct. If I had known PG release cycle style, I would have waited for 2012.

2012 have many new features that I like (individual vst / track, etc..).

Anyway, being really short of cash, I was thinking of downgrading.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, the difference of Everything or UltraPlus pack is the Video/Lesson.. and since I have the Audiophile 2011.5 (and I didn't really dig in yet to all the Video/Lesson yet) I will not requires those. Also may not fully utilize the WAV quality yet at the moment.

So,

1) At what upgrade (downgrade) price I'm looking at ? 159/= ?

2) I didn't save a lot right, if it's 159/= ? hmm...

Veteran
Veteran
I normally get the ultra plus pak, because in the past I already got some of the extra content that comes with the everything pak.

However, this year I decided to go with the everything Pak specifically because of the video tutorials. I figure that some of the new features (like loops) will require a visual explanation. I've hit an age where I don't understand written instructions as well as I used to. I find the videos to be EXTREMELY useful, and well worth the extra few bucks it costs to get them.

P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Quote:

However, this year I decided to go with the everything Pak specifically because of the video tutorials. I figure that some of the new features (like loops) will require a visual explanation.

that's the issue for me

will the videos included with the everything pack include 2012's new features? either now or future download after they're produced

Lenovo YOGA 900 Window s 10 Home 64bit 16GB RAM\2018 13” MacBook Air casio wk7500 presonus audiobox i2 usb interface
casio wk-7500
biab & realband 2023 everything pk both with Current builds
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

will the videos included with the everything pack include 2012's new features? either now or future download after they're produced

I'm hoping so. If not, I'm only out $20. That's already not the worst thing that will happen to me today.

B
Journeyman
Online Content
Journeyman
B
Quote:

Quote:

However, this year I decided to go with the everything Pak specifically because of the video tutorials. I figure that some of the new features (like loops) will require a visual explanation.

that's the issue for me

I belive the 2012 new feature video comes with this. I purchased this but the bonus pack download has a mistake that it does not install the video or the extra RealTracks. I spoke with Will at PG about it and he also confirmed this. They will fix it.
Brian

BIAB 2024 Ultrapack- Studio One Pro 6.5 Windows 10

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics81,989
Posts740,134
Members38,653
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Helm73, JohnRiversaa, DaveHornet, EnzoJames, BIAB4Me
38,653 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)