I have used all kinds of keyboards. My new one is a Korg ps60 which replaced my older Roland. I spent at least a month of woe trying to make the Roland play midi through Band in a Box.

I know there are all kinds of sides to this, but if you were to post 6 songs you'd gig with, we might save you some grief.

ASIO, that's a 4 letter word.

I ended up with my keyboard to a volume pedal (well sustain too on the other foot) to the mixer. Let Real instruments do the drums, the bass, and some other stuff, and I play adding organ, piano, or layered with strings or synth.

I do have a voicelive in the mix, and I am using it at home a lot, but my voice is quite damaged and I'm not sure it is going to get better. It used to be an ok bass baritone, now I'm basso profundo missimus sometime-e-mus it just goes away.

I think there has been consensus that one Realtrack can make a standard midi track sound better, I think it takes away the mechanical part to a degree and masks it.

There are many ways to do things, some use band in a box and jukebox together.
Others just load up and play sets.
Some use midi only.
Some mix them with Realtracks.
Some are using only Realtracks.
Some render the files and use the mp3 or take it to a DAW and mess with it, panning things.
Some are very anal about panning and stereo.
Others like me don't because I'm mono, and truth be told I used to do 30 gigs a year and none of the rooms were suited to stereo anyway, and I just played with band in a box about 3 or 4 times, the rest of the time I used it for practice and then just did my thing, like piano lounge style. It was always hard to find the stereo settings on a grand piano anyway.

Then there are all the variations in RealBand, even more so than in Band in a Box.

I remember wanting to play the vibraphone with my keyboard via midi and pulling out my hair, then at the end of the day, why?

I'd be more interested in your explanation of how you take
1. audio (IE realtracks)
2. midi out to ?what?
3. keyboard out to?

So at the end of the chain what are you running for PA gear?

Perhaps a good start is listing the 6 songs and then we haggle.

John Conley
Musica est vita