Hi Keebo,

I already have had the Synthstation 25 to use as a very small portable USB MIDI keyboard controller for a laptop. That slot for an iphone/ipod touch finally inspired me to buy the same unit as you, the Ipod Touch 32GB, which I should receive tomorrow.

I recall reading somewhere though, that all IOS music apps do not recognize the MIDI input of the Synthstation. Is that true? Highly unfortunate if so, as that keyboard seems to be the most convenient input solution for iphone or ipod touch, not needing a separate interface nor any cords. (I think they may even make a new one now for Ipad, with a slot to hold that device.)

Do all of the apps you list accept Synthstation input?

Quote:

Nice list, thanks. Congrats on the appearance on Pandora.

I bought a 32 GB iPod Touch last month solely for music creation, jamming, and practicing on the go. Several months ago I posted a thread requesting advice on a portable/mobile keyboard and got very good ideas. However none quite fit the bill for me so I decided on an Akai Keystation 25/iPod Touch combo. It only has 25 mini keys which I didn't want but the price and flexibility with the available apps were right up my alley. I velcroed a mini stereo speaker on top when I didn't want to use headphones. And it is all battery powered to be truly mobile.

Here are the apps I have gotten so far:

BB Remote
Band-in-a-Box
AC-7 Core Mini
GuitarStudio
iShred
PocketGuitar
G.U.I.T.A.R.+
Guitar Pro
Songineer
Seline
ThumbJam
Song Writer
Animoog
iReal b
Music Studio
NanoStudio
SynthStation
50in1 Piano
ezComposer
GarageBand
JamUp Pro
Voice Band
SongCatcher
ChordBot

I am enjoying most of them but some have been less than productive to me.