Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Greetings to all,

I just installed BIAB 2013 this evening and so far, so good - except for one thing. It's very important to me to be able to turn off the part marker on the very first measure of each song so that it won't start with a crash cymbal. (It does that even though the feature is deselected on the "Arrange" tab of PREFS just as it always has in the past.)

With 2012.5, I could right click on the first bar's part marker and select <no change of substyle> and then save it and it would always open without a part marker there and I wouldn't get the unwanted crash on beat 1. But since I installed 2013, it comes back. I tried resetting it and saving it, but when I reopen the song, it's back, and I don't want it to be there! It's doing this on all songs, too, using different styles and RealTracks, so it seems to be a global issue.

This may not seem like a big deal to some, but I'm using the program leading praise & worship every weekend in church and the crash cymbal on beat 1 of soft songs is disruptive. I really need this feature to be "restored," please, so I can have no part marker on beat 1 (and no crash cymbal).

Thanks!

Jim
Psalm 33:3 Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise.

BIAB 2018 build 519; Dell Inspiron N4110, Windows 10 64 bit, Intel Core i3-2350m running at 2.29 GHz, Memory: 6 GB DDR3, SDRAM 1MHz
Veteran
Veteran
OK, you found the checkbox and it still doesn't work? First suggestion, even though this is a new install, is to do Opt., Return to Factory Settings.

Second suggestion is a workaround. Start the song with a blank first bar, like "C.". If 4 beats is too long a wait, use F5 and shorten the number of beats.

Third suggestion is to freeze the song and email it to PG Music Support (assuming no one else comes up with a fix).

By the way, I'm assuming you were just shipped the program, but if not, make sure you have updated to Build #365.

As far as the part marker, I thought it has always been the case that you can't remove the part marker on the first bar (although you can make it a B/green substyle). I'm really surprised you were able to do so. When I get back to BIAB, I want to try this again.

Good luck!

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Hi 1manband,

There is a Prefs setting that is designed to turn the first bar cymbal crash OFF globally (for all songs).

Hit the Prefs toolbar button and in the Prefs selection window, hit "Arrange".

Locate "First bar of chorus of song gets a cymbal crash" at lower LH of the Arrange window and UNcheck it.

I have had that unchecked for several years now, ever since Peter implemented it. Almost forgot about it. I don't miss it <g>.

--Mac

Veteran
Veteran
What makes his problem confusing is he said he already did that.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
ah, thanks for pointing that out, Matt. Missed it. <g>

"Whenever Band in a Box does something that it is not supposed to do or does not do something that it is supposed to do, try doing a Return to Factory Settings under the Options menu."

--Mac

Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
I couldn't imagine my needing to "Return to Factory Settings" after just doing an update to 2013 and not changing any settings, but just to be sure, I did it anyway just now. Unfortunately, it did not fix the problem. The part marker remains on bar 1 that was not there before, resulting in an unwanted crash cymbal. By the way, I do have build 365 installed.

I didn't fully explain why this is a big deal to me. I select the praise & worship set for our church before the service and save it as a set in Favorite Songs, then I play it back using the Jukebox feature, with the playback set to pause until a midi note or keystroke is received. On slow songs, we usually go through the song or at least one verse softly with guitar only and then I bring in "the band" with a Delcom footswitch. We're still playing softly at this point so the crash cymbal on the first beat is disruptive. And I can't take the time to manually eliminate the part marker before starting the song; I'm too busy singing, playing guitar, and leading worship to do that.

I didn't have to worry about this issue before. A couple of years ago one of PG Music's support staff told me to right click on the part marker of measure 1 to eliminate the crash, and it has worked perfectly ever since - till now.

Does anyone have any other ideas? If not, this seems to be a bug in the latest version.

Jim
Psalm 33:3 Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise.

BIAB 2018 build 519; Dell Inspiron N4110, Windows 10 64 bit, Intel Core i3-2350m running at 2.29 GHz, Memory: 6 GB DDR3, SDRAM 1MHz
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,923
Posts738,919
Members38,620
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ruskate6, shredder11205, wesdean, Mike Dunn, NETH TANYANG
38,620 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 157