Quote:

It may be my own lack of hands on experience but I find the chord Analyser tool suffers from general bouts of inaccuracy.

In my experience it is usually due to a little of each. Of importance also is the quality, amplitude levels and other such things about the soundfile in use, as well as chord complexity issues. The ACW seems to work best at finding chords for songs that don't use a lot of chord extensions, for example. Another issue is the instrumentation in the file, how many of them as well as what each may be playing. ACW can help a lot, but it is not able to be absolute accurate.

One thing I use the ACW for, a lot, is to get the simple layout of a song entered into BIAB. The ACW is a real timesaver along those lines, no more bar counting to find the chorus length, etc. instead I use the ACW and tap tempo to get the bars mapped and export to the BIAB chord grid, where I usually have to correct at least some of the chord entries. Again, this latter job is often dependant upon the song recording itself.

--Mac