Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Torrey Bliss #548199 08/04/19 11:06 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Great song with a lot of "classic" flavor. That steady beat holding forth under the shifting progression and key-changes really fit the lyric well. Ever-interesting...just like Isabel.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
Torrey Bliss #548218 08/05/19 03:26 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Torrey,

Excellent in every way.

Solid Pop-Rock write. An excellent vocal (and BGVs).

A wonderful musical bed. Excellent mix. Drums and bass - super. Guitars, too. The attention to detail is evident at every turn.

A terrific listen. A lot of people "write songs". You Make Music!

fj

Torrey Bliss #548229 08/05/19 04:04 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
For the 2017 version, I wrote "This has really classic pop rock sound, melody and chording", that hasn't changed with this new version - actually it has much better mix, clarinet sounds great and the solo guitarist sounds even more Brian May.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

Torrey Bliss #548294 08/05/19 12:13 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Torrey,

This song is really great! Excellent.

I want to apologize for being so absent from the forum. Also, I will be candid that this part of the post is kind of a generic “form letter” to my old and new forum friends.

In brief, work is very hectic right now and I am having a hard time keeping up with the forum and even writing new songs. There is also a lot of new material hitting the boards—more than I can listen to and reply. People are on a roll!

Instead of backing away from the forum I want to stay involved by just giving the equivalent of a “like” as opposed to full-fledged commentary.

This way, I can just keep listening, and enjoying and reply with a simple LOVE IT or something like that.

I do listen, love your stuff and really want to continue following those who are so dedicated to encouraging others, even if it is only with one word.

Hope this makes sense, thanks for your artistry and forgive my brevity going forward with massive time constraints.

Also forgive me if you see this message more than once until I know I have covered all my bases.

Peace!!

smile

Torrey Bliss #548295 08/05/19 12:14 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow! We love what Greg said:

"There's a little Lennon (particularly the vocal sound), and I hear some McCartney in the melody..." Yep!

And, man, is your vocal ever engaging on this...so full and yet not too upfront. Excellent.

The guitar and "clarinet" performances are perfect for the vibe.

I'd call this thing done.

Kudos

J&B

Torrey Bliss #548321 08/05/19 04:21 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I loved this Torrey. What a cool song. Very cool feel to this song. Love the clarinet. That was the very first instrument I learned to play.. Awesome vocal and guitar was cool as well. Nice redo.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
MarioD #548346 08/05/19 11:05 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks for the positive feedback Mario! I won't change much except fix a couple of places where the vocal was a little flat and add a couple more guitar phrases toward the end. T

PeterF #548483 08/06/19 10:51 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Peter for taking the time to listen and comment! I appreciate it! T

Ronnie Fields #548484 08/06/19 10:53 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Ronnie! I readily admit that I had the Beatles in mind when I put this one together! T

rayc #548485 08/06/19 10:54 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Ray! Your comments always mean a lot to me! T

Torrey Bliss #548489 08/07/19 12:06 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Torrey,

you not only never disappoint, but you very often let me sit in front of my speakers, mouth wide open. And that's what just happened again. This is - sorry - just butt kicking good !!!

The song is just great and I'm sure it, like most good compositions, would work in different arrangements, too, but this way of presenting it seems to be optimal for me.

My first impression, having listened to just a few bars, was: That doesn't sound American at all, that's soooo British. The guitar part is such a perfect tribute to Brian May (as in Killer Queen e.g.), and whem I read Ray's post the scales fell off my eyes (resp. ears): A lot of Sgt. Pepper feel in it. Which in my mind is an ultimate compliment.

Like I said before: I'm the CEO of the German Torrey Bliss fan club - man, I just love your stuff so much.

And like Tom Lehrer once said (in 'Smut', 1965): 'More, more, I'm still not satisfied !'

Take care,

Stefan

Torrey Bliss #548509 08/07/19 03:41 AM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hey there Torrey, I found this very easy to listen and I really dug the progression. Very captivating lyrics too. Great work!

Cheers,
Joe
Torrey Bliss #548553 08/07/19 11:13 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Torrey,
Super cool! Listens very well.
Torrey, there are some tunes that are... "well crafted" and there are ones that are done from the heart. I believe this falls into the second. Clarinet and old time piano work very well on this.
Enjoyed it a lot. If it was me I would not change arrangement or the vocals. It is a little bit on the higher side of frequency to my ears, but it does not take it away, and I think that was your intention smile

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

dcuny #548597 08/07/19 10:17 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks David for the kind words! I had one other place in the song that I had already planned to work in those "bops" when I had time to do it! T

Ghostgum #548598 08/07/19 10:18 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Ghostgum for the listen and comment! I appreciate it! T

F.M.M. #548599 08/07/19 10:19 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Eric for listening and commenting! I appreciate it! T

Robertkc #548667 08/08/19 12:11 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Robert for always giving my tunes a listen and making insightful observations!! T

Torrey Bliss #548692 08/08/19 09:13 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Torrey ...

Awesome song! I immediately thought of the Beatles, particularly McCartney. An interesting mix of tracks but they all blend so perfectly. As always, your vocal shines as bright as ever. Personally, I wouldn't change anything. But what you hear on your mental jukebox should lead the way for you. But, as is, it sounds fantastic! Great song and performance . Best to you ...

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

Torrey Bliss #548722 08/09/19 04:25 AM
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Nicely done! Delightfully catchy, and I love the upbeat vibes on this one. I love the groove, and the instrumentation is really lush and almost exotic sounding. Plus, your vocals are seriously top notch here - and the chorus on this one is really on point.

All the makings of a classic - wouldn't change a thing! Thanks for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
Birchwood #548808 08/10/19 01:24 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Hans! I appreciate you taking time to notice different things in the song! I did repair a few "off/flat" places in the vocals and added a couple of guitar phrases that I felt were needed! T

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,994
Posts739,759
Members38,636
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Instagram Story, ytbeactivate, DeezWaffles, Nash Atkins, Unica College
38,636 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)