Hmm, I'm seeing different from that.

I added BiabVST as an instrument in Reaper, accepting the multiple-track suggestion.
I set up a standard 12-bar Blues, and using the default ZZJAZZ.STY, clicked the play button and it did.
But that's MIDI, of course, not RealTracks.

When I try to set a RealTrack via StylePicker, I first, again, get the error about the missing GM.DLS (it seems likely I'll have to jam a checksum and get that installed). I then get the "BiaB is not activated" and for the present I'm still saying No, whilst I'm experimenting. I then see the StylePicker and can select the _ELECTAM style you used, but at present that style does not get set into the VST.

I tried double-clicking that style in the StylePicker and, of course, it doesn't play, then after a short while I get the error as shown in my screenshot.

It's quite likely that the missing GM.DLS and/or the lack of activation are responsible for this. I'm quite tempted to get that new hard drive, set up again, fiddle-install GM.DLS and activate. I'm not sure how PG count activations ... this is actually only my second machine with BiaB, but it's already activated on it under Win10. Well, either way, I don't yet try to exceed three, but I may have to delete some and/or get PG to do so. I'll think about it. I can get a new drive by Saturday.

Edit: It occurs to me that the difference may be only how the particular host/applications handles the problem.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BiabVST-crash.jpeg (213.55 KB, 62 downloads)
Last edited by Gordon Scott; 10/21/21 11:31 PM.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.