Band-in-a-Box for Windows
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Gordon,justanoldmuso, et al.,

Major progress and a major headache to go along with it!!! wink

I uninstalled BiaB from my PC and reinstalled it on an external hard drive, did the latest patch and update and the crashing I was experiencing if I tried to rename a utility track is no more!!

This could have been less about where BiaB resides versus my own impatience when installing software and my previous reluctance to close other applications and stop fiddling around when I did the install which I did do this time. Regardless I plan to leave things as they are and where they are for now.

As a result I was able to successfully create a Utility click track using a Metronome style, rename it, save and close the file, close BiaB and reopen both the program, the file with the Utility Track, the name I gave it and the function retained...

JOY!!

What is still eluding me is total track separation between the Utility Track and the rest of the tracks, in this case 4 other instrument tracks.

I went to the Notation view and checked the box that says MONO, (although I don't quite understand why this changes any existing track to mono based on what pops up when I hover over the box).

Regardless, all the tracks have the box checked and on the mixer I set the pan on the individual instrument tracks far left and the pan for the metronome track far right and rendered an MP3. When I open the MP3 file in Audacity, the Metronome track is all by its lonesome as the right channel, however it is also heard in the left channel.

Not sure if I did something wrong, I did an experiment and muted the instrument tracks but not the metronome track and rendered another MP3. This time it showed just the metronome but on both tracks.

I also checked each channel using the Audio Record button in BiaB and the Vu Meter clearly shows that ONLY my Metronome Utility track is stereo even though that style appears in the Style Picker as mono.

In other words despite the Metronome style being mono, the pan full right and the channel being set to mono, it is rendering stereo. Hopefully, I am missing some simple step to have that Utility track only sound on one channel or I made an error when I created it.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Getting close!! smile

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Appoggiatura
JOY!!

Good

In other words despite the Metronome style being mono, the pan full right and the channel being set to mono, it is rendering stereo.

Well that sounds wrong, but I get the same.

I tried setting up a click track on the Melody track instead, figuring that you're playing the melody (presumptuous!).
The click track there does pan left and right.
I did it again on Utility#15 and again it works, so I think Utility#16 has a bug.

Try yours again, please, but on Utility#15 and see if yours also behaves as it should.

Edit: ... I've emailled support on this. GS.

Last edited by Gordon Scott; 09/16/22 09:04 AM.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Gordon:

I tried several different Utility Tracks including #15 & the Melody Track and the behavior is the same.

On my version regardless of the mono track settings OR the pan settings, the output as displayed on the VU Meter is Stereo for any track enabled as Metronome/Drums.

Might be something for tech support once my headache subsides... wink

Expert
Expert
Mine behaved differently when I first tried it and then most reverted to stereo.
I'm just sending an .MGU file to support now.

A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
At least it's not just me... wink

Thanks again!

Expert
Expert
Nope, not just you.
Watch this space.

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Gentlemen.

hope this helps . heres what i did. its 'fiddly'.
as far as i know the following method achieves the op's
requirement. ie a clik on one side of stereo image (no instruments) and instruments on other BUT no clik trak.

1..i disabled completely the bb built in metronome.
2..i inserted 4 bars custom lead in to song chord sheet…read the rest....SO the 4 bars is a CUSTOM LEAD IN NO MUSIC.
note utility trak isnt muted.
3..i loaded a rd tambo into a utility trak (you can use any rd you wish or whatever)and using f5 i muted all instruments at bar 1, and unmuted all at bar 5.
NOTE thus the tambo on utility or whatever loop used starts at bar 1.
4..before genning i panned utility tambo clik to one side eg left, and all music right minus clik.
5..i genned all. and verified tambo slik.tarts at bar 1 and all other traks // instrumentation start at bar 5. and everything panned right.
ie left tambo clik , and right no clik just all instruments.
6..i then mixed to mp3 as a test, and verified again the mp3 had clik only on left side and all other instruments only on right hand side. (no tambo clik)
(BIG NOTE…i assumed the clik tambo on left hand side is required to run thru' whole song ? if only needed in 4 bar count off bars 1 thru' 4 then just edit in audio edit before mixing to mp3.)

phew ..lol…i hope this is what is needed. if not apologies …i got egg on my face and i'll need further detail on the op's needs.

BIG NOTE THERE WAS NO BLEED OF TAMBO CLIK ON LEFT HAND OF STEREO IMAGE TO THE RIGHT HAND OF THE STEREO IMAGE.

apologies once again if ive misunderstood the op's need.
the IMPORTANT ASPECT IS TO DISABLE BIAB's built in metronome...AND CREATE YOUR OWN CUSTOM LEAD IN BAR(s)..
ie 2 or 4 or 8 bars whatever the no of bars needed for
lead in with only clik before the music kicks in.

if someone has a better method feel free.

happiness

om (i love challenges lmao)

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 09/16/22 12:19 PM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso

4..before genning i panned utility tambo clik one side eg left, and all music right.
(no clik tambo on right hand side.)

The behaviour is decidedly odd ... I've just done similar with four click tracks, one on the melody track and three on Utrility tracks (#1, #15, #16). panning them alternately left and right. Generate.
When I now solo each click track in turn, they're all panned to the same side.

Ich verstehe das nicht. confused

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Gordon.
(ADDENDUM)

no all is good and works here as it should, it was a 'typo' i was tired.

correcting point 4 now.

ps i think i might have found the source of the issue.
when loading a single clik sample rd into a utility trak ENSURE ITS MONO NOT STEREO. you can put the word SINGLE into rd picker search at top.

just make sure you choose one thats mono.
BUT some hits/samples might be stereo. << hence a prob.
so when you choose a hit like that even if you pan...
might go pear shaped.

gordon lets work withe same sample/example....

1. select util trak 1.
2. bring up rd picker and enter "SINGLE' at top.
3. voila all single hits appear.
4. choose a simple sound for clik eg ELEC HATS4'sSINGLE
and load into util 1. and generate after setting pan extreme left for example. ie opposite of the pan of the music traks.in this example music panned right.
5.after genning youll see its only in left channel.
and music on right channel. et voila.

hth.
get back to me s'il vous plait..lol.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 09/16/22 02:23 PM.

(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: Ember
Thank you for this. We are able to replicate the problem and will forward it to the developers.

We are hoping you got our last message - we did inform the developers and are waiting on their feedback and/or acknowledgement and once we have more information we will follow up with you.

In the meantime, I think it works as expected on the melody track, so I would put it either there on on one of the other 'legacy' tracks (1...6, i.e., Bass...Melody).

OM's answer is better!

Select a Utility Track,
Right-click on the text and select "Choose RealDrums..."
In the Search box top-left type Single.
Select one from the list (OM used ElecHat4s(single), so I did the same, and click [OK]
Generate and pan to taste.

BTW, I noticed that the Utility track panning seemed to match the Melody track panning, which is probably another clue for the developers.

Last edited by Gordon Scott; 09/16/22 11:11 PM.

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Gordon and App and pg support.

please tell me where to upload my biab song file to.
a free site where i wont get a virus and dont have to create an account.etc..and youll see it works by downloading it.

it will show all the settings ...metronome/mixer/patch/panning etc etc.

note...once app is familiar with realband gordon this would be a doddle in rb. cos can easily create ones own custom clik ttraks etc etc. even foot stonps or anything really as a clik...lol.

yawn waking up.... 5 am here...what i do for music...lol

happiness

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 09/16/22 11:39 PM.

Expert
Expert
please tell me where to upload my biab song file to.

I think you don't need to ... It appears to me a Custom MIDI track problem. As you indicate, RealDrums seem to work OK.

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Gordon.

i took it further.

1. kept electro on a utility trak eg 1.
2. on util 2 loaded loop funkrokpunk.

both above panned same.

worked also.. and for even more fun imported a audio loop i made in realband onto util 3. panned same way.
got a nice funky thing going lol.

best

om

A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
justanoldmuso & Gordon:

Thank you again for working on this issue!!

Using the RealDrums resolved the stereo/panning issue on my test song however, the only RealDrums choice I see when I filter using the word "single" is CongasShuffle. I assume this is because I only have the Pro Version?

In any case, it works but it is not an adequate choice for my application.

However I tried revisiting the "Gordon" method using a Style found on this thread:

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=490008

I loaded it into Styles and used the Select Custom MIDI Style option outlined by Gordon further up the thread and the same issue we had using other MIDI Styles for Utility Tracks occurred meaning 2 channels, panning not doing anything.

I would assume this means that any MIDI Style assigned to a track using that method will not work so maybe it is a bug of some sort. That is too bad because that "Clicktrk" Style is perfect for my needs.

I have a gig this afternoon so I really don't have time to experiment further today so I'll stay tuned, experiment some more tomorrow and check in again.

In the meantime, thank you again!!

Expert
Expert
... word "single" is CongasShuffle. I assume this is because I only have the Pro Version?

Ah, probably. That's a nuisance.

I think it's very likely that you (or someone) can make a RealDrum track especially for this task if a bug-fix takes a while (as it probably should, with testing) frown

I'll try to take a look later, unless someone else chips if first with something.

There's information in the manual pages 340 on. It looks more complex that I'd imagined as one needs to create a text file containing the patters. That said, the pattern you want is very simple.

Last edited by Gordon Scott; 09/17/22 04:56 AM.

A
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
A
Thanks!

I'll give it shot, all I have to lose is a lot of time and my sanity. wink

Expert
Expert
Thanks!

I'll give it shot, all I have to lose is a lot of time and my sanity. wink

But you have a fair chance of losing both.
It's not trivial, or if it is, the description of how to do it is otherwise.

There's a PGM video, but it's 35 minutes long, the voice is rather distorted and/or sibilant and it has music playing over most or all of it. It was giving me a headache. It's here, but... https://youtu.be/whA6FpEl5w8

It's probably quicker to just try the RealDrum styles you have until you, hopefully, you find something that is close enough for now. Not a great answer, I'm afraid.

Another option might be to use the on-line chat and see if PGM can supply you with a suitable RealDrums.

Last edited by Gordon Scott; 09/17/22 07:26 AM.

J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Gordon.

i just created a mono old style clik in reaps and imported into a bb utility trak. and concept works panning etc etc with music in bb.
and when i change tempo ...all good in bb.

i just dont know what tempo n' feel app wants. etc etc.
the one i created was standard 1 2 3 4. 4 to a bar even.

anyhoo just wanted to mention it in case app gets stuck..

best/hth/just trying to help.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 09/17/22 09:54 AM.

Expert
Expert
i just created a mono old style clik in reaps and imported into a bb utility trak. and concept works panning etc etc with music in bb.
and when i change tempo ...all good in bb.

So is that and audio track that BB will squeeze/stretch to tempo, or a MIDI track?

The OP wants to put click track on a very large number of songs, though of necessity they'll be done over time.

G.

C
Veteran
Veteran
C
BIAB can and will render a stereo file with just click on the left track and all accompaniment mix on the right track. The channel signals should be routed to two mono channels in the PA mixer with the click panned hard left to monitor out and the accompaniment panned hard right to the main out. It doesn't matter if the click source is MIDI or audio. However, the file, even converted from stereo to mono fed into a stereo output results in a blend of the left and right channels.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,991
Posts739,739
Members38,634
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Nash Atkins, Unica College, blacktiger, Musitechnic, JOSEP ALEXANDER
38,633 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)