Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Wasted by floyd jane @ 7 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: rsdeanFloyd, I love the sentiment and message in this song. I believe we all can relate to this. Great, great vocal as usual. The moody arrangement and instrument choices really highlight the overall feeling - I know how hard that is to do. To me, this is just another one of your excellent creations. Bob Thanks, Bob.... Originally Posted By: BawbHi Floyd, WOW... In 20 foot letters made of plywood WOW! Such profound lyrics. You're using a lot of more modern touche
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The VIDEO as expected if not anticipated. by floyd jane @ 8 minutes 30 seconds ago

ray, A great sounding track. A well-written song. Tough subject. And a video of disturbing images. Video is well done, too. Keep it up. fj
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: Dang listen to Adele’s new single for fantastic songwriting by Gordon Scott @ 9 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: justanoldmusopeople are fallible often. Inevitably, and thank goodness for that, or everything would remain the same for ever more. Evolution is one long series of mistakes, a few of of which worked out for the best in the end. And most discoveries in science have begun with the words "Oh, that's odd; I wonder why that happened."
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Pop Music Demo by floyd jane @ 20 minutes 2 seconds ago

Charlie, A very pleasant sounding track. Good sounding mix. (I've read your Silence explanation several times - and have to say "I don't get it". If it is so important to how PGMusic is making song demos, why is it such a "secret". Why don't they talk about it? or present a tutorial on how to use it. Perhaps you could provide an example of Using It versus Not Using It to demonstrate the difference. Perhaps put it in the Recording section so that it doesn't get "lost&qu
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Pop Music Demo by Mark Hayes @ 48 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: raycI now look forward to how Mark will use the spark. Thank you Ray for the encouragement, and I hope you don't regret it. I have to wonder how I might work this. I need to distinguish, within a BIAB piece, between musical silence and non-musical silence. I could do it with UserTracks, which could contain a background of ambient noise, but now I really want to use 1152. In fact, "1152" is already the title I've settled on – this will be a brand new work, no
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: There are too few modern synths by Mark Hayes @ 52 minutes 14 seconds ago

Persons responding would do well to check out the history of very similar discussions in the very recent past.
Jump to new posts Re: There are too few modern synths by justanoldmuso @ Today at 06:48 AM

SBMix. with resperct your approaching this wrong imho. you have a threadripper pc right. ryzen will eat realband for breakfast. try this method. 1. open realband (rb)...and config your asio interface. 2. layout your chords. 3. start auditioning midi styles. 4. when you find one you like , start right cliking over blank rb traks and gen midi bass/drum/synth traks whatever. at the same time plugging in modern sounding sample player and/or synth plug ins. ive already given you links to loads of fr
Jump to new posts Re: There are too few modern synths by Gordon Scott @ Today at 06:42 AM

There are 76 pages of free software synthesizers, at around 10 per page, here: https://vstwarehouse.com/software-synthesizer/
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Android Tablet Advice by MarioD @ Today at 06:37 AM

Another +1 for the fire tablet. I have had one for a number of years now. Since it is an older model it takes a few seconds to boot but once it is up and running everything is quite fast. Also I have an SD card installed that contains all of my software documentation. Thus I can keep my DAW, BiaB, soft synths, etc up and running while I view the docs on the tablet.
Off-Topic
You are off to a good start my friend! Sounds good.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Android Tablet Advice by justanoldmuso @ Today at 06:24 AM

Notes. i am highly impressed with my 80 buk amazon fire tablet. it is FAST. if all you want to do is net surfing , cant be beat imho. my wife uses it for girly stuff, candy crush game,lol and researching new stuff for the house etc. i use it for looking at studio stuff. i love the high res screen and it boots fast. no brainer imho in a world where tech is rapidly obsolete...also have a cheapo chromebook i'm useing now ..not as portable as fire tablet but also nice om
RealBand
Jump to new posts Re: Recording Guitar by justanoldmuso @ Today at 06:18 AM

heres a list of asio interfaces that pg users find work well with rb. https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=635707#Post635707 the landscape is changeing all the time. what i do is rent for 30 days before buying to ensure compatibility with my pc dave. <thats the best advice i can give you , particularly if your new to this. om
RealBand
Jump to new posts Re: Recording Guitar by Chantelle - PG Music @ Today at 06:09 AM

Originally Posted By: TeunisAs Bob said you need to be using an input port. Usually the mic input on a PC is not satisfactory. Best to save your pennies and get a good audio interface, there are many options out there. Band-in-a-Box/RealBand tends to work well with most audio interfaces. If you're going to be recording, you should consider getting a device that has its own ASIO drivers for the best experience. For audio interfaces that do not have its own ASIO drivers, sometimes generic
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Android Tablet Advice by Notes Norton @ Today at 06:00 AM

I have a Galaxy A2 Mrs. Notes is using an aging iPad Air - it needs to be replaced. She doesn't want another Apple device. All she uses it for is couch-surfing, so it needs WiFi but no phone. We want it to be nice but not expensive, as she has a high-end ThinkPad for serious work. Any suggestons? And why? Thanks. Mr. Notes
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New Guitar...You got to keep up Eddie...lol by eddie1261 @ Today at 05:48 AM

Originally Posted By: TeunisIt is mine to spend, getting bits of gear I want makes me feel better. Abso-frickin'-lutey bro! I have always, and will always, think that worrying about being the richest corpse in the graveyard is extremely stupid. That being said, I get the concept of being concerned about a medical emergency that is not covered by insurance and the potential for that wiping out a bank account. However, being a disabled veteran I have the VA for my medical care. Most recent was r
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Death's Door and the escape from hell by Planobilly @ Today at 05:44 AM

Thank you, bluage for the words of encouragement. I see progress every day. This has made me work harder at everything I do, recovery, music, and being sensitive to what others are dealing with. Best wishes to everyone, Billy
Jump to new posts Re: There are too few modern synths by Gordon Scott @ Today at 05:11 AM

Hmmm. Again, the main purpose of BiaB is to recreate the sound of real musicians playing real instruments. The RealTracks in particular, are actual recordings of real musicians and real instruments, adjusted by software to match the pitch and timing of the chord progressions you define. There are MIDI data to go with these tracks, but that MIDI data is just an approximation to what the musician actually played, though it may well still help with what you want. MIDI tracks and MIDI-Supertracks
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Heart of the Matter by Charlie Fogle @ Today at 05:07 AM

A strong ballad about a tough subject to tackle. I thought the mix was spot for to my taste. Charlie
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Like we didn't know by Charlie Fogle @ Today at 05:04 AM

Nice song that nails the genre. Enjoyed this. Charlie
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: NEW SONG POST: Where your heart never goes by Charlie Fogle @ Today at 05:02 AM

Wow, really smooth performance. Bossa fits you good. Enjoyed listening from start to finish. Charlie
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Coffee And Fireflies by Charlie Fogle @ Today at 04:59 AM

Interesting intro. Immediately caught my attention. I haven't been on the User Showcase for a while and with such top productions as you've done here, I'll be spending a lot more time catching up. Great write, performance and really enjoyed the production and arrangement. Top notch song that fit your vocal well. Charlie
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: INSIDE by Charlie Fogle @ Today at 04:55 AM

Very catchy tune. Enjoyed my listen. Charlie
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Pop Music Demo by rsdean @ Today at 04:55 AM

Charlie, This piece is very nicely packaged. Everything is so well balanced in the short duration. Excellent! Bob
User Showcase
This is a really cool song. Great write, performance and top notch production. You guys have it all together. Charlie
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The VIDEO as expected if not anticipated. by rsdean @ Today at 04:52 AM

Ray, Great job on a very difficult subject. The video really hits hard... The music and production is up to your usual high standard. Excellent all around. Bob
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
PG Music News
A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Enhance Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Installation

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows users - update for FREE today!

We've added a new "record using" option within the Audio Settings dialog, and updated many existing features based on user feedback.

This free update also includes the most recent build of our DAW Plugin (3.9.12).

Learn more about this free update and download it today.

Ordering Your Band-in-a-Box® is Easy!

When you order any PG Music products directly from www.pgmusic.com (or www.bandinabox.com) you'll receive immediate links to start downloading your order! Even if you choose to have a backup copy of your Band-in-a-Box® packages shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - no need to wait!

We've made it even easier to get started with Band-in-a-Box® with the Easy Payment Plan 4 - when you choose this payment option you'll pay four equal monthly payments starting on the day of your order.

Choose your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows package & order here.

Using Mac? Order here.

When you get to the checkout, simply click on Select Easy Payment Plan 4 for this product to apply this option.

Note: This only applies to this Band-in-a-Box product, and does not apply to other products that you might have in your order, including the physical backup copy if selected.

Band-in-a-Box® File Associations

You may have noticed when you were installing Band-in-a-Box® for Windows that you were asked if you would like to Associate Band-in-a-Box songs and styles with Band-in-a-Box? But, what does that mean?

It's actually pretty simple - basically, if you select this option while you're installing the program, files with the extensions .SGU, .MGU, and other Band-in-a-Box files will open directly in the program if you select them from outside the program.

Missed this option during your setup, but you'd like to apply it now? Go to File | File Utilities | Associate File types with Explorer within the program.

New Update for RealBand 2021 Available!

Do you use RealBand (included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases)? Download the latest free update, which resolves a small viewing issue for Windows 11 users.

When you download the latest update for RealBand 2021, it will add all the updates we've made this year. See the full list here.

Ear Training Games in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

October 1, 2021 is National Kids Music Day!

Head to the Practice Window in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, and you'll see fun games that are fun ear training options for kids: Music Replay & Pitch Invasion.

Of course, you don't have to be a kid to like these games, I think there a fun way to learn at any age!

Music Replay is just what it sounds like - the program plays a 1-bar melody, and the user plays it back. Get it right, and you'll keep building that melody (and skill) within the game - get it wrong, and you'll be met with a warning tone and have to try again... it's quite addictive, and a lot of fun!

If you like a classic arcade game, then you'll love Pitch Invasion! We've managed to incorporate aliens with pitch-recognition skills in this exciting game, where you'll match the pitch of the alien ship descending towards your planet trying to destroy your collection of instruments - match the pitch and you've saved your instruments, make a mistake and the ship keeps coming... you'll have a few tries to get it right, if you're quick, but if all your instruments are destroyed - it's game over! The game speeds up as your skills improve, and you'll earn points along the way, with bonus points available throughout the game.

Open up your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows today to give it a try!

These ear training games are also included in Musical Arcade for Windows.

How to Make Backing Tracks with Band-in-a-Box®, by Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® endorsing artist Nick Kellie recently got his hands on the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Mac, and put together this video showing off just how easy it is to make backing tracks in Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box Demo - How to make backing tracks

Forum Stats
35008 Members
66 Forums
71295 Topics
618487 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Dandi, InspiredName, Klaus Mikaelson, Bkroy25, Gerry1952

35007 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 266