Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts how to create kareoke by earl kirby @ 19 minutes 16 seconds ago

I have very poor eyesight so love the big lyric window. Problem is everyone advises NOT to use BIAB to perform live. How do I save my backing tracks as kareoke and what is best way to play them live?
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Carbon Copies by Janice & Bud @ 26 minutes 9 seconds ago

"All they care about is power And how to keep it in their hands Calculating who’s expendable When they’re drawing up their little plans" Amen bro. Well, we could not agree more on the lyric! Groundhog Day indeed. Both vocals are great, and as mentioned, the placement of the harmonies is oh, so good. You know we love your guitar work, quite obviously Peter, but also your arrangement is excellent. Janice has been humming this tune for days so you know she loves it. Enjoyed
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Devil's Debutante by Janice & Bud @ 36 minutes 18 seconds ago

“He took the stage while keeping others busy, then took all that they had. He wants to lead. What kind of leader is he? He's worse than merely bad. He's not unlike so many of our leaders so power hungry and cruel. This pyschopath won't tolerate the cheaters who break his blackened rule. “ Absolutely! What a great write, performances by you and Dave, mix and video we’ve got here, Marty. Those two vocals highlight your big range and that deep devil’s voice is perfect. We both looked fo
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Zero Of Sound by Janice & Bud @ 51 minutes 19 seconds ago

“I feel the message of her spirit And my weariness is gone” We love this. The entire lyric is lovely but those two lines speak volumes. It is remarkable how well you told the story in but two minutes. We also enjoyed that fine acoustic bass and fingerpicked guitar highlighting your cool vocal. Enjoyed it, J&B
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: STUCK ON THIS FARM by Janice & Bud @ Today at 12:47 PM

This is a happy country song and, having family members who’ve lived on farms, we can relate to the joy and the work involved. We especially like this: “Stuck on this farm like I’m stuck on you, like everything about this 80 acres with a view” Janice said she thought of Jimmy Ibbotson from the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - a good thing. Good vocals, band and mix! Enjoyed it, J&B PS: Bud remembers the FFA crowd from high school and he further remembers when he ended up bailing hay
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: Windows Media Player encountered a problem. by malevans @ Today at 12:29 PM

Never really tied Real Band. Tinkered with it back when it was 32 bit. I guess the plugin, which I love and use all the time, has been more useful for me. I may go back and play with it, now it's 64 bit. Incidentally, I have asio working now and demos are playing. I tried everything you guys have kindly suggested but I've no idea how I did it. Guess I'm just good at FUMBLING through problems. :-) Mal.
Best of YouTube
Jump to new posts Re: Fast Fingers by David Snyder @ Today at 12:05 PM

But his hands and fingers are in sync with what's going on and videoed. That does not seem to be the case in the other one. Something just doesn't look right.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: STUCK ON THIS FARM by David Snyder @ Today at 12:00 PM

Good one Dewey. Good mix too. I like the way your voice is slightly rough around the edges (slightly raspy I mean) in places. It fits the song very well.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Breaking Yet by floyd jane @ Today at 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: raycFloyd, the delivery of "i still miss" says it all for me. You know when & how. Excellent mic technique doesn't go astray either. Janice's harmonies with you have that sibling thing. Thanks, ray.... Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)This is a great track Floyd. Lyrically, musically, vocally and production-wise it's top-notch. The harmony with Janice is great too. Love that baritone guitar RealTrack. Cheers, Mike Thanks, Mike....
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: EZD3 and Friends by JohnJohnJohn @ Today at 11:55 AM

Originally Posted By: PajGroove3 just put up a tutorial series for EZD3 by Eli Kranzberg. It's hard not to be impressed even before you get through the first/introductory episode. Paj 8^) I'm only 4 videos into this series and Eli K does such a great job of explaining this amazing new instrument!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: ROTTING IN HELL_The Herb Hartley Rock Challenge by David Snyder @ Today at 11:41 AM

Thanks Scott! Well, I am all rested up and ready to scream some more now!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: LIFE IS HARD_The BIAB Allstars by David Snyder @ Today at 11:40 AM

Thanks Marty! It sure is a fun time we have around here and a great bunch of people isn't it?? And that means YOU!!!!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Soul Stealer (feat. Peter on guitar) by David Snyder @ Today at 11:38 AM

Really great song y'all. I love the new parts you are mentioning. It all sounds very rich and vibrant. The fact that it is a great song is obvious. The production is totally pro. Great one.
User Showcase
Thanks Dan! Next time we will have to give you a shout out and talk about your VST collection!! Maybe you can join us for Herbstock. Oh by the way, I see Izotope has another massive sale going on for Memorial Day weekend. Never saw that coming....
Jump to new posts Re: Windows Media Player encountered a problem. by justanoldmuso @ Today at 11:22 AM

Byron. thanks for commenting. kudos...great comment. i'm not expert in the nuances/inner workings of wmp. its just always worked for me. i worried bout this aspect. and thus upthread i requested pics of various win audio recording/playback properties and advanced settings in the win 10 sound dialogs. but i havent seen them yet posted. once again thanks for posting. best om
User Showcase
Floyd and Torrey. i always really appreciate any listens by very very talented folks like your goodselves. as you can see i like sometimes to do a crazy song lol. once again i really appreciate your comments. happiness om
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
Not when I got *my landline .. there were no 'satellites' Heck we only had to dial 5 numbers back then, and the rotary dial gave your finger the free ride back I haven't used it much since then
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: EZD3 and Friends by Paj @ Today at 10:51 AM

Groove3 just put up a tutorial series for EZD3 by Eli Kranzberg. It's hard not to be impressed even before you get through the first/introductory episode. Paj 8^)
RealBand
If they existed as an Event, they would show up in my experience I'd first try Cut Then right away select Data Filter Here you can determine what you are actually cutting Next would be checking the Track itself and see if it is being routed to a certain sound (right click)
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: I'm doing all the house work these days! by Byron Dickens @ Today at 10:27 AM

Back on topic: I wanted to upgrade my crash cymbals from the budget ones I had. I was back and forth between Paiste PST7s and 2002s. They both sound very similar, but I had a slight preference for the 2002s although I could throw up some PST7s and be happy. There is a substantial price differential. Wanting to be sure that I wasn't just going with confirmation bias, I had my wife listen to some sound clips and let her make the decision. I told her about the cost after she listened.
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Originally Posted By: Matt FinleyOriginally Posted By: justanoldmuso... Lots of win users want to run multiple music apps “concurrently” and “fluidly”. For example biab AND a daw (reaper/1/realband/cubase etc) and other apps. So they can move easily between each and have multiple apps open at the same time… And the KEY being one music app running not locking out use of other music apps. As i understand it, by using a MC driver , thus, the music producer can achieve above. Ie multiple
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Robin Hood and the Tanner by Torrey Bliss @ Today at 09:58 AM

Rob & Anne-Marie, This is a lovely sounding song! Your production quality is always some of the best posted in the forum and this one keeps the bar set extremely high! The vocals are outstanding! Enjoyed it! Thanks, T
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
Originally Posted By: Byron DickensOriginally Posted By: rharvA telephone number that is physically hard wired along the earth's surface. It never goes to a satellite and back, hence 'land' line. Two cans with a string in between .. I know that; I was being facetious. I haven't wasted money on a land line in years. Never? Not always. The phone company may route your call in whatever way is most efficient for them, including bouncing off a satellite for a regional call.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: When The Show Is Over by Torrey Bliss @ Today at 09:52 AM

Misha, I always like everything you produce! This is some clever writing and production! Love all the little subtle nuances of sound placed here and there! I think you've got a really good grasp on using the new version of BIAB! Thanks, T
Jump to new posts Re: Windows Media Player encountered a problem. by Byron Dickens @ Today at 09:51 AM

This also happens when you have a sample rate mismatch between your interface and Windows. I have no problem with Windows Media Player.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
PG Music News
How to: Copy Chords and Song Info from Band-in-a-Box® to a Document

Did you know that you can copy the chords and other details of your Band-in-a-Box song into a document? We show you how in this video: How to Copy Chords and Song Info from Band-in-a-Box® to a Document

Learn more about this feature: Online Manual - Copy/Paste Chords as Simple Text

How to: Post Formatting and Responding to Posts on Our Forum

Continuing our discussion about our Forums - make sure to check out this video if you're unfamiliar with how to respond to posts and add some formatting to liven it up a bit!

PG Music Inc.: Post Formatting and Responding to Posts on Our Forum

How to: Log In and Post On PG Music Inc. Forums

If you haven't created an account and joined our Forums yet, what are you waiting for? The PG Music Inc. Forum is full of program users that would love to discuss Band-in-a-Box and other music related topics with you!

See how to access our forums and create a post with our video, PG Music Inc.: Forum Account Login and How to Post.

How to: Using Playable RealTracks in the Notation Window of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows

With the release of Band-in-a-Box 2022, we added Playable RealTracks! These allows you to add MIDI notes to the same RealTrack that is playing, either at the same time, or alternating back and forth. This means you can get the RealTracks to play the notes you want at key parts of the performance, either augmenting or replacing what the RealTracks is playing, for the section you want to change.

See how to use and edit these in the Notation Window with our video, Using Playable RealTracks in the Notation Window of Band-in-a-Box®

Fun with Band-in-a-Box® - A Reunion Event: "Life Is Hard"

Getting together and playing music and writing songs is a wonderful way to spend some free time!

Recently, a few of our Forum members did just that... and they made a video to prove it!

Check out what Charlie Fogle, Eddie, Herb, Pat Marr, David Snyder got up to - and how they did it: Fun with Band-in-a-Box® - A Reunion Event: "Life Is Hard"

...hopefully it inspires you to keep the fun in making music!

How to: Replace a RealTrack with a MIDI Track in Band-in-a-Box®

Starting with a RealStyle in Band-in-a-Box®, and want to make one of your tracks a MIDI track? See how this is done using the MIDI Track Picker dialog with our video How to Replace a RealTrack with a MIDI Track in Band-in-a-Box®.

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

Band-in-a-Box® Tuba RealTracks

Today (May 6) is International Tuba Day!

Celebrate your love for the Tuba today - add one of our Tuba RealTracks (available in Sets 143, 162, and 248) played by either Brad Muirhead or Philip Santner.

Already have a Band-in-a-Box® song with a Tuba? Share it here!

Forum Stats
36076 Members
64 Forums
74476 Topics
653680 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
brek, rlxmusic, Tfmc, SimGuy, brianxgray

36076 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MusicStudent 109
AudioTrack 105